• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race For 🤔

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

There's a flaw in your reasoning. And that is in games when we score penalties, we have less need to create, we simply need to defend. Therefore you need to remove games with penalties from the equation altogether and only look at non-penalty xG and xGA for games without penalties. I suspect that skews the data somewhat.
Well, discounting those games our xG is 9.4 in total, or 1.15 per game, compared to a npxG of 1.31 if you include those games. So it does skew the data, but not in the way you were hoping for.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He did the Brentford game at the Emirates last season

The upside is that Lee Mason is no longer there to ruin things for us now that's he been forced to retire & live free to rummage through the McDonalds dumpster near his home.

Still, would be nice if Tets mentions the Brentford game to put pressure on him.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
What do we need to win the title?

Defensively sound and able to control games, not exert too much physically to win games.
Luck, and avoiding injuries to too many key players.

I know we are boring, but I really think there is a method to what Arteta has changed. Biggest change is Rice for Partey. Less progressive passing but more security to the defence and always fit. Havertz has good defensive attributes and can help aerially in last 15 mins chasing a goal.

For the first time in a long time I feel we are really secure defensively. I can also see the possibility for a Rice-Partey-Ødegaard midfield completely dominating and taking us up another level.

Tomb Bombadil

Defensively sound and able to control games, not exert too much physically to win games.
Luck, and avoiding injuries to too many key players.
Maybe some less luck on Citys side.

I mean this was there bench with just De Bruyne, Kovacic and Nunes out: Ederson, Carson, Stones, Ake, Philips, Gomez, Bobb, Doku, Alvarez.

If they have a period with 8 - 10 injuries or have Rodri out they will struggle.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Jesus, Saka, Ode not playing anywhere as well as last season. Partey banished to the Phantom Zone for an indeterminate period of time, the Havertz situation, zero title hype from the press, the "One Season Wonders (TM)" are top of the league again.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All of our favourite buzzwords, xg, sustainable etc are all here. For the most part lines up with A-M’s consensus despite how contentious it seems.

They support my claims of Liverpool being one of, if not the best attack in the league.

Also cc’ing @OnlyOne;
“Szboszlai one of the most important players on and off the ball in the league”

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal on course for making history defensively is interesting btw. Guess I have been incorrectly downplaying it after all.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Rival fans started the elephant meme last season to mock us. Now they're mad because we appropiated it ourselves. :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom