• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race For 🤔

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

MA08

I don’t care or want to pay any more for Mik’s inexperience. His inexperience in going into a season with back up CB Tomy ( often injured) and Holding (a plumber) and not shifting when needed White inside cost us a title. Only two teams in England could of won it as numerous big clubs in transition or turmoil. Mik bottled the two way race. If he isn’t a WC or near world class manager by now or at the end of this year he should leave. I am fine with him staying 1 year to see if he can redeem himself
You are not paying at all. And your analysis is simplistic at best.. how do you know shifting White instead would have won us the title? And he lost the race to a treble winning team. How is that bottling it? And if Arteta leaves who should take over from him?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Liverpool will be the team to beat I think. The game at Anfield will be huge.

Something feels off about City although once de Bruyne comes back they may get their act together.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Forget the idea that City are off it this season, this is the same old story as 22/23. The key is to keep up with City and to beat them in the H2H performances.

If you prefer to look at it numbers wise, I'd say the following.

2 more Arsenal wins for survival
12 more Arsenal wins for top 4 qualification
20 more Arsenal wins for the title.

GunnerShy

Too early to call it, been impressive results to date, when you think we should have drawn with Newcastle and beaten Fulham.

Not been fluid in attack, but with Jesus starting to put some games together, that's looking better.

As ever, it will come down to fitness and availability. Party has barely played this season but could still be huge for us if he comes good.

Synical

Thread tag predictor

City not being as good this year is starting to feel a little bit like media spin. I think they’re only 1 point off their total for this stage last season.

While we’re 4 off, yet have a better chance?
Game for game (ie looking at the same fixtures) City are -9 and we are -3

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Too early to call it, been impressive results to date, when you think we should have drawn with Newcastle and beaten Fulham.

Not been fluid in attack, but with Jesus starting to put some games together, that's looking better.

As ever, it will come down to fitness and availability. Party has barely played this season but could still be huge for us if he comes good.

Fulham +2
Newcastle +1
Sp**s +2

We could have been on 38 points right now IMO. Although shoulda, woulda, coulda can apply to all teams.

GunnerShy

Fulham +2
Newcastle +1
Sp**s +2

We could have been on 38 points right now IMO. Although shoulda, woulda, coulda can apply to all teams.
Definitely, I think all sides drop points they shouldn't probably more just the point we don't "not turn up" often anymore

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Fulham +2
Newcastle +1
Sp**s +2

Sure but we could've lost to Brentford too after two goalline clearances. You win some, you lose some. In the end, I believe you're around where you should be.

The one team it doesn't apply to is Man Utd, they should be in 17th.

A_M Iniesta

No team has won 4 straight prems . I dont think City do it. Us or Liverpool is where this league goes, slight shades of ‘89. A nail biter with no big margin between the top three .

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Let's hope the FA deduct points from the cheats like they did to Everton. We should be able to take care of Liverpool comfortably.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
No team has won 4 straight prems . I dont think City do it. Us or Liverpool is where this league goes, slight shades of ‘89. A nail biter with no big margin between the top three .

The fact that it never happened doesn't matter to me. If there's one team who can do it, it is Man City. They are still favorites for me to win the league.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I had a look at Liverpool's forum today, and saw that they have an 'alternative Premier League Table' that they use to measure how a team is doing. To quote the author: 'The APLT makes an assumption that in order to win the league title, a team needs to win 90 points for the season. This can be achieved by winning all home matches, the seven ‘easiest’ away matches (the three promoted teams and the 14th-17th ranked teams from the previous season) and draw the 12 remaining away matches. I refer to these as the ‘par results’. As in golf, par will be achieved more often than not, but sometimes points are dropped or gained in relation to par.'

After 14 games, this is how it looks:

1701688562432.png

Quite interesting really and a ****load of work it seems to me :p

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I had a look at Liverpool's forum today, and saw that they have an 'alternative Premier League Table' that they use to measure how a team is doing. To quote the author: 'The APLT makes an assumption that in order to win the league title, a team needs to win 90 points for the season. This can be achieved by winning all home matches, the seven ‘easiest’ away matches (the three promoted teams and the 14th-17th ranked teams from the previous season) and draw the 12 remaining away matches. I refer to these as the ‘par results’. As in golf, par will be achieved more often than not, but sometimes points are dropped or gained in relation to par.'

View attachment 20157

Yeah definitely an interesting concept.

I’d like to see soft factors like state of the season taken into account. Come the end of the season, the teams around the relegation spots (which are generally seen as 3 point bankers) have a punchers chance of beating you (see Forest last season against us) whereas the same game played in November would usually be a regulation win for us.

Synical

Thread tag predictor

View attachment 20157

Interesting. I wonder what last season's final table looked like

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

City is the team to beat. Once we get into the business end of the season, they'll get going.

Still, I think we'll be up there, challenging till the end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom