• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race For 🤔

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
The goal is to get to the final 5 games having built a decent cushion because our final 10 games, let alone 5, are vile.

Arsenal final 5 - Wolves (A), Sp**s (A), Bournemouth (H), United (A), Everton (H).

City final 5 - Sp**s (A), Forrest (A), Wolves (H), Fulham (A), West Ham (H).

Liverpool final 5 - Fulham (A), West Ham (A), Sp**s (H), Villa (A), Wolves (H).

I see us really struggling again in that last push.

Only Sp**s and United away should pose a problem if we're in genuine title form and even then, if we're in title form we should be picking up 4 points from those 2. Liverpool's Villa away game is harder than both of those and City also have Sp**s away

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I was just looking back at the league last season and boy did we collapse late in the season. After 29 games we were 5 points clear with 23 wins 3 draws and 3 losses.

Last 9 games we had 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. That includes the lucky draw vs Liverpool and last min draw vs Southampton. We won last game, before that we won 2 in 8 games. So first 29 games we had 3 draws and 3 losses. Last 9 we had 3 draws and 3 losses.

The positive after 15 games this season is city has 3 draws and 3 losses. They had 5 draws and 5 losses last season. So it’s extremely unlikely they will reach the 89 points they won the league with. 84-85 points will get you the league

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I was just looking back at the league last season and boy did we collapse late in the season. After 29 games we were 5 points clear with 23 wins 3 draws and 3 losses.

Last 9 games we had 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. That includes the lucky draw vs Liverpool and last min draw vs Southampton. We won last game, before that we won 2 in 8 games. So first 29 games we had 3 draws and 3 losses. Last 9 we had 3 draws and 3 losses.

The positive after 15 games this season is city has 3 draws and 3 losses. They had 5 draws and 5 losses last season. So it’s extremely unlikely they will reach the 89 points they won the league with. 84-85 points will get you the league
He bottled it. You acting like lightening just struck your b.m and you figured out something new. I been saying he did 34 points second half, that is Europa league form. He thought this was Hollywood and a plumber with hair plugs was going to be his Rocky or some sh.t

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He bottled it. You acting like lightening just struck your b.m and you figured out something new. I been saying he did 34 points second half, that is Europa league form. He thought this was Hollywood and a plumber with hair plugs was going to be his Rocky or some sh.t
You are right. Nothing new, just forgot how bad it was. Hard to be confident after that

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Watch this, it talks about the weakness we have at corners. Teams know this, and will use this until we fix it. This is what will cause us to lose games.

Guy also calls us a very technical Stoke City, which is true actually. :lol:

Yeah turns out Mudryk and some of the other goals from corners were not so jammy after all.

Very interesting vid and I wish people watched it but the 10 mins might be too lengthy for many. This guy is a troll btw he wears every kit.

Bucephalus

You keep saying this, but it was an injury crisis, plain and simple (compounded by a distinct drop in form from Ramsdale). Also worth mentioning that the Tomiyasu and Saliba injuries were non-contact muscular injuries that could just has easily have happened in training, so it can't be blamed on playing them in Europa League. At the transfer window, Arteta brought in:

1. Trossard as veteran depth up front. Makes sense, we were all worried about the minutes Saka plays and Jesus has a less than spectacular health record.

2. Jorginho as veteran depth in midfield. Makes sense, we were all worried about Partey's availability for health and . . . other reasons.

3. Kiwior as future depth in defense, but young and a bit of a project.

Then the injuries happened in the back line, while the forwards miraculously stayed healthy. I'm sure in retrospect, Arteta wishes he'd brought in a Trossard level veteran back and a young project up front. But not having a crystal ball is not bottling it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
You keep saying this, but it was an injury crisis, plain and simple (compounded by a distinct drop in form from Ramsdale). Also worth mentioning that the Tomiyasu and Saliba injuries were non-contact muscular injuries that could just has easily have happened in training, so it can't be blamed on playing them in Europa League. At the transfer window, Arteta brought in:

1. Trossard as veteran depth up front. Makes sense, we were all worried about the minutes Saka plays and Jesus has a less than spectacular health record.

2. Jorginho as veteran depth in midfield. Makes sense, we were all worried about Partey's availability for health and . . . other reasons.

3. Kiwior as future depth in defense, but young and a bit of a project.

Then the injuries happened in the back line, while the forwards miraculously stayed healthy. I'm sure in retrospect, Arteta wishes he'd brought in a Trossard level veteran back and a young project up front. But not having a crystal ball is not bottling it.
Ffs i have explained how he chose to play Holding with at least 3 other better choices. I can’t keep restating it Mik bottled it and bottled it bad. After 3.5 years why is Holding even on the team?

-move White inside and switch either Xinny or Tierney’s side at Fb

-play Kiwior

-switch to back 3

We had very low injury minutes last year we had a manager who couldn’t tactically adjust to injury crisis but no injury crisis. Injuries happen; you think City want to play without KDB; they don’t all of a sudden turn into a Mid table team with one injury

Bucephalus

Ffs i have explained how he chose to play Holding with at least 3 other better choices. I can’t keep restating it Mik bottled it and bottled it bad. After 3.5 years shy is Holding even on the team?

-move White inside and switch either Xinny or Tierney’s side

-play Kiwior

-switch to back 3

We had very low injury minutes last year we had a manager who couldn’t tactically adjust crisis but no injury crisis. Injuries happen you think City want to play without KDB; they don’t all of a sudden turn into a Mid table team with one injury
Love you Farzad. And yes, City minus KDB and Rodri are awful. At least for a club of that level.

But come on man. We're further clear of City than we ever were last year. (Yes, it ballooned to ten at some points, but there were games in hand). ****ing enjoy this.

No one bins Liverpool if VVD goes down. Don't bin on Arsenal because Saliba went down at an unfortunate moment.

It can really happen. Join us on the positivity side.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah turns out Mudryk and some of the other goals from corners were not so jammy after all.

Very interesting vid and I wish people watched it but the 10 mins might be too lengthy for many. This guy is a troll btw he wears every kit.

Come now, the Mudryk goal was 100% jammy/fluke.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Come now, the Mudryk goal was 100% jammy/fluke.

When he said the goal keeping coach told him to look out for the space Raya leaves behind him, with many teams trying the same I personally don’t think it was totally jammy.

I been happily sh*tting on Mudryk too, I think he’s disgustingly bad. Also think he’s onto something there though.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When he said the goal keeping coach told him to look out for the space Raya leaves behind him, with many teams trying the same I personally don’t think it was totally jammy.

I been happily sh*tting on Mudryk too, I think he’s disgustingly bad. Also think he’s onto something there though.

Sure, he was likely targeting that space but the execution was totally a fluke.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Sure, he was likely targeting that space but the execution was totally a fluke.

Only he will know, but yeah he was certainly targeting the space which can accidentally go in goal.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Luiz tries it when we play Villa as he has a good inswinger from the left corner flag. Has scored against us from there before.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I watched the Tifo video and they keep harping on the unsustainability of our low npxG, especially the mix of open play goals vs set piece. I get that, but what that discounts is a fit and firing Jesus at CF - he is literally a +5 buff to all our attacking players. The other factor is that Ødegaard looks as though he's starting to hit some form too - again I felt that should have been worth a mention.

Since the Brentford game, we've hit the following xG numbers:
  • 2.6 vs Lens (H)
  • 2.8 vs Wolves (H)
  • 2.2 vs Luton (A)
It's a small sample size *but* the trend is extremely positive.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I watched the Tifo video and they keep harping on the unsustainability of our low npxG, especially the mix of open play goals vs set piece. I get that, but what that discounts is a fit and firing Jesus at CF - he is literally a +5 buff to all our attacking players. The other factor is that Ødegaard looks as though he's starting to hit some form too - again I felt that should have been worth a mention.

• 2.6 vs Lens (H)
  • 2.8 vs Wolves (H)
  • 2.2 vs Luton (A)

They purely look at the numbers and data points, that’s the flaw with their analysis so yeah they would overlook form. It’s not like it’s facts anyways just their opinion/observation.

They did raise a valid point about Rice as well.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They purely look at the numbers and data points, that’s the flaw with their analysis so yeah they would overlook form.

They did raise a valid point about Rice as well.

Totally get it - I just felt that the recent underlying results deserved a qualifying mention.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

Watch this, it talks about the weakness we have at corners. Teams know this, and will use this until we fix it. This is what will cause us to lose games.

Guy also calls us a very technical Stoke City, which is true actually. :lol:
So lee gunner calling Arteta, Tapas Pullis, was actually quite accurate? Is that what you are saying?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I watched the Tifo video and they keep harping on the unsustainability of our low npxG, especially the mix of open play goals vs set pie. I get that, but what that discounts is a fit and firing Jesus at CF - he is literally a +5 buff to all our attacking players. The other factor is that Ødegaard looks as though he's starting to hit some form too - again I felt that should have been worth a mention.

• 2.6 vs Lens (H)
  • 2.8 vs Wolves (H)
  • 2.2 vs Luton (A)
Definitely need to keep that trend up to win it. What was interesting from the video with respect to the "expected" numbers was that the "expected" difference between last year and this year was about the same. The changes to the system that we have made has led to a drop in xGA at about the same level as our drop in xG. Obviously what we need to do is increase our current xG whilst maintaining the xGA

Makavelii

Only Sp**s and United away should pose a problem if we're in genuine title form and even then, if we're in title form we should be picking up 4 points from those 2. Liverpool's Villa away game is harder than both of those and City also have Sp**s away

I hope you’re right. But that’s a long way away and Villa’s run of form might have fallen off by then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom