• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race For 🤔

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Someone on thread actually called Mik’s performance “remarkable “. 4 years, 800 million in transfers, one cup, and one CL qualification. While collapsing year end two seasons in a row while only really competing in one competition. This is remarkable, no Wenger with little money had already won his first double that is remarkable. How can not winning league or CL be deemed remarkable, he didn’t take over Luton or West Ham even. If he managed to win this much at West Ham with little money that would be remarkable not at Arsenal there is nothing remarkable about what he has done. At least not in a good way
I give huge credit to Arteta for changing the culture of club/squad most of all; we have a young, motivated team who give there all for the badge and have a huge desire to win, but you can't look at the results on their own and say its remarkable. I think most posters on here wouldn't agree with the term remarkable. Maybe the closest to remarkable would be Emery, if he was able to keep Villa in the same position or better by the end of the year. But thats a long way off.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Someone on thread actually called Mik’s performance “remarkable “. 4 years, 800 million in transfers, one cup, and one CL qualification. While collapsing year end two seasons in a row while only really competing in one competition. This is remarkable, no Wenger with little money had already won his first double that is remarkable. How can not winning league or CL be deemed remarkable, he didn’t take over Luton or West Ham even. If he managed to win this much at West Ham with little money that would be remarkable not at Arsenal there is nothing remarkable about what he has done. At least not in a good way

This is arguably the most forgettable period in the history of the club in the last half century. A full rebuild and the warchest spent just in the search to imitate a soulless state club that we don't even like nor admire.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This is arguably the most forgettable period in the history of the club in the last half century. A full rebuild and the warchest spent just in the search to imitate a soulless state club that we don't even like nor admire.
Barren in quality of football and in trophies. Even late Wenger we had 4 FA cup wins and up till the very end consistent CL runs

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
We're carried by Saka and Rice, in the same way someone like ETH got carried by Rashford back then. Not that hard to understand.

We're tactically inept, that's why our main game is not playing football, but stopping our rivals from playing football
We are tactically inept? Even though we play a brand of football that limits the other teams chances whilst we create our own flurry of chances. The game against Villa was a tactical success, we had more quality chances than them however we failed to take any of them. Thats pretty much the role of a manager, how can you set the team up to create more chances than the opposition, which puts the odds of a win heavily in your favour.

Tactical failures are when teams assault your goal at will. Just look at Man United right now. How easy is it to bypass their midfield. They are so open and teams can attack their goal almost at will, likewise Chelsea.

Both ourselves and Liverpool have conceded 15 goals, the least amount in the league. Our Xga is 0.9 per game, Liverpools is 1.31. They haven't made the individual errors we have (Jorginho, Saka, Raya, Zinchenko have all been guilty of a howler).

The tactics are spot on, however the execution has been lacking - at both ends of the field.

So to say we are tactically inept is utterly stupid. We are, along with Man City the most organized and tactically astute teams in the league.

'Carried by Saka and Rice, same way Rashford carried ETH'. WTF is this?

I cannot believe some of our fans are so utterly thick they cannot see the quality of Arteta's management.

xga.png

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We don't have a chance to win UCL with Raya, Zinny, Ben White as part of our back 5, add our lack of clinical attackers for knockout football. Bozo's at both ends of the pitch, add Ødegaard who has yet to play well vs any top away ground in his Arsenal shirt as captain in a full 90 minute (which automically disqualifies his 20 minutes of good play at St James park or 1st half at White hard Lane season).

I actually think we got a decent chance at the UCL. All the data points to us being better suited to knockout style comp.

Our goals tend to come in the 80min+ range and the quality and quantity of shots conceded is still low. Pen shootouts might f*ck us against the elite however.

PL, I am way less hopeful for as you have to be perfect for way too long. City and Pool have superior mental fortitude in my opinion.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

With Raya in goal? Pen shootout against Copenhagen and we in trouble and man is out here thinking about “the elite”…

I do agree tho lol, CL will be easier to win this year than PL.

Whilst we won’t save many with Raya or Ramsdale, we do have above average amount of competent penalty takers.

Saka (misses the biggest ones but takes most of them 😅), Ødegaard, Havertz, Jorginho if he’s on.

Your son Martinelli doesn’t make the cut in our elite pen taker list unfortunately, although I’m sure he steps up before teary face Jesus.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I actually think we got a decent chance at the UCL. All the data points to us being better suited to knockout style comp.

Our goals tend to come in the 80min+ range and the quality and quantity of shots conceded is still low. Pen shootouts might f*ck us against the elite however.

PL, I am way less hopeful for as you have to be perfect for way too long. City and Pool have superior mental fortitude in my opinion.
Yeah with respect i think you could argue the opposite that we are least suited to knock out given we are an xG built team. We are set up to try to minimize chances against us firstly, and using that as the foundation, try to maximize chnace creation over a season. Knowing there might be games where we fail to take our chances or our gk ****s up. But outliers alone wont destroy our chances, its hoped consistency will get us home.

In a knock out competition those outlier games will see us knocked out. I dont think we have a lot of players ( like auba in last fa cup win) whose brilliance will single handedly win us tight games in the later stages. Your right about the gk in penalty shoot out also.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

How do you think we'll stack against Inter, Bayern, City and Madrid? I see these 4 as the clear standouts in Europe. Once UCL knockout football and FA cup later rounds arrive (provided if Liverpool don't knock us out in Jan) will be a huge strain on our weak squad especially when we're going to the Etihad, Old Trafford, White Hart Lane in that same period, and bottom half teams have something to fight for (avoiding relegations) and midtable teams fighting for Europe.

Arteta must be juggling players better by then, Jesus LW if he can't trust Nelson to replace Martinelli, Havertz putting minutes at CF/Midfield or Trossard CF/Midfield (please no more Trossard wing shifts) and knowing when to rotate Saka. Plus Jorginho is needed for European games given slower tempo and being more tactical than League games, plus when to seize the moments (think of Rodrygo comeback vs City).

If Arteta is not trusting Nelson, Vieira, ESR and Nketiah for what ever reason (injury prone/unreliable) then these four should not be in the squad next season if wish to be a perennial title challenging team, I'll add Tomiyasu/Partey too given how unreliable they are fitness wise. Zinny should be nowhere near the starting 11 away in Europe, recipe for disaster as the Lens game showed us.

Not enough match winners other than Saka unfortunately and he gets double/triple marked these days.

Anyways, I hope we get a tough round of 16 fixture, that should give us a better estimate as to where we are in Europe, so hopefully Leipzig/Inter Milan/Sociedad/Atletico Madrid/PSG/Dortmund (depending whoever finishes 2nd in their respective groups). Europe is where we can gauge who we can trust and who we can drop for the future. Draws is next Monday (18th).

We saw the best of Nelli and the worst of Nelli vs Sevilla away vs Sevilla's 3rd choice RB in Juanlu (the transitional game but his lack of decision making skills when in a 1v1 opportunity due to his poor final ball and dribbling out of play).

Also we don't talk enough of Martinelli and Jesus being very poor in the league this season, both on 2 goals respectively...

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How do you think we'll stack against Inter, Bayern, City and Madrid?

Think we can beat them all on a good day. Thats the problem though, it has to be a good day.

Our lack of killer instinct and goalkeepers holds us back.

Also not a fan of the victim mindset Arteta has imparted onto the fanbase, which isn’t a big deal if the players don’t buy into it and it’s just used as a means to cover up our shortcomings tactically and personnel wise (which I strongly suspect is the case).

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
No big deal after our loss, especially since we were the better team and should've / could've won. Liverpool have won some lucky points, we can get them in two weeks.

LookingForEric

but found Hairspray

How do you think we'll stack against Inter, Bayern, City and Madrid? I see these 4 as the clear standouts in Europe. Once UCL knockout football and FA cup later rounds arrive (provided if Liverpool don't knock us out in Jan) will be a huge strain on our weak squad especially when we're going to the Etihad, Old Trafford, White Hart Lane in that same period, and bottom half teams have something to fight for (avoiding relegations) and midtable teams fighting for Europe.

Arteta must be juggling players better by then, Jesus LW if he can't trust Nelson to replace Martinelli, Havertz putting minutes at CF/Midfield or Trossard CF/Midfield (please no more Trossard wing shifts) and knowing when to rotate Saka. Plus Jorginho is needed for European games given slower tempo and being more tactical than League games, plus when to seize the moments (think of Rodrygo comeback vs City).

If Arteta is not trusting Nelson, Vieira, ESR and Nketiah for what ever reason (injury prone/unreliable) then these four should not be in the squad next season if wish to be a perennial title challenging team, I'll add Tomiyasu/Partey too given how unreliable they are fitness wise. Zinny should be nowhere near the starting 11 away in Europe, recipe for disaster as the Lens game showed us.

Not enough match winners other than Saka unfortunately and he gets double/triple marked these days.

Anyways, I hope we get a tough round of 16 fixture, that should give us a better estimate as to where we are in Europe, so hopefully Leipzig/Inter Milan/Sociedad/Atletico Madrid/PSG/Dortmund (depending whoever finishes 2nd in their respective groups). Europe is where we can gauge who we can trust and who we can drop for the future. Draws is next Monday (18th).

We saw the best of Nelli and the worst of Nelli vs Sevilla away vs Sevilla's 3rd choice RB in Juanlu (the transitional game but his lack of decision making skills when in a 1v1 opportunity due to his poor final ball and dribbling out of play).

Also we don't talk enough of Martinelli and Jesus being very poor in the league this season, both on 2 goals respectively...

Martinelli I’ll maybe give you but Jesus has only played 600 league minutes. He’s hitting his usual g/a levels.

Aside from standard misses he’s been really good in my opinion.

People are so harsh on the manager and players whenever we lose a game, it’s so knee jerk.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Our entire attack has been poor, apart from Saka, this season.

Your point on using our bench is an important one, and correct as well. Arteta needs to trust his bench or get them out of his team.

Where I feel you do underestimate this Arsenal team is how strong we are out of possession, easily top 2 in Europe along with City. Being able to control opponents at the level we do is going to be a massive challenge for all teams in the Champions league, because you remove a massive aspect of their game away, the counter attack.

It will be tough games in the round of sixteen, but I can already bet that they will struggle to beat us over two legs. Dortmund, Liepzig, Inter, Sociedad, even Atletico Madrid will not be able to generate the transition moments that make them such a dangerous prospect. And then the question becomes how they protect their lines, and play in a way they are not used to, for long periods of time.

Put it to you this way, this Arsenal team Arteta has set up this season, is expected to make it to the semi-finals at least. At that stage, team quality still remains important, but it would be more about the tactical plans on the day. And with that, anything can happen.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

People are so harsh on the manager and players whenever we lose a game, it’s so knee jerk.
That's been the attitude on AM since time immemorial tbf. I remember when I first joined back in 2013 it was the same sh*t, although that's when new posters had to use the Lobby until promoted so the quality of posts I was seeing was probably lower compared to the main forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom