• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race On Two Fronts

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I think we were quite unfortunate to sustain a number of long-term injuries to some first teamers, namely Timber, Partey, Zinchenko and Gabby. This is is of course ignoring Tomiyasu and ESR, potentially important squaddies who haven’t seemed to be able to string anything meaningful together.

However, I also think it’s a testament to our squad building that we were able to absorb these injuries without so much as a hitch, and a testament to our squad management that for the most part the rest of the squad has remained injury free, particularly from muscular injuries. Fabulous work must be going on behind the scenes from the staff involved.

Then, of course, we have been very fortunate that no freak/impact injuries have hampered the overall squad health (long may this luck continue!)

All of this naturally feeds back into the current success we are seeing.

Does anyone have a Premier League injury table, so-to-speak? Would be curious to see where we stand. I imagine overall we must be doing very well relatively.

Luton and Chelsea 😳

I don't remember back in the late 90's to mid 2000's when we were winning stuff, fans worrying about rotation all that much.

We're in a great position, if we go 100% at both competitions I won't complain if we win neither. At least we've given it our best shot.

I will be annoyed if we drop silly points due to overly rotating key players though.

I would say Fergie rotated quite well, 2008 being a good example of that. Critical to have par-for-par players to rotate with and don't overdo it. Don't rotate Martinelli and Saka at the same time for instance. But Saka for Jesus vs. Luton would be wise in my opinion.

Partey should start ahead of Jorginho too.

Zinny or Tomi stepping up as well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Oh compared to history yeah it’s great this year. I was comparing to our peers, not history. I’m not big on historical comparisons.
I'm comparing to peers. Wait til the data comes out for this year and you'll see we are far from average. Here's the data for last year. Arteta doesn't rotate much, and he has a core of players that largely remain uninjured. Arsenal was the most stable side in the league last year at 86% stability. This year is just as good.

9-F51-B35-D-F82-B-4-F95-B76-A-32-F4950-EC6-A4.jpg

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

However, I also think it’s a testament to our squad building that we were able to absorb these injuries without so much as a hitch, and a testament to our squad management that for the most part the rest of the squad has remained injury free, particularly from muscular injuries. Fabulous work must be going on behind the scenes from the staff involved.
This. It isn't even contentious. Some posters see it as a criticism of Arteta and get their knickers in a twist. We field the same core team week after week, and unlike other teams and managers who rotate a lot to relieve injuries or because they can't find their ideal team we are Mr Consistent. And its paying off.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This. It isn't even contentious. Some posters see it as a criticism of Arteta and get their knickers in a twist. We field the same core team week after week, and unlike other teams and managers who rotate a lot to relieve injuries or because they can't find their ideal team we are Mr Consistent. And its paying off.

Come on Traxy, the world and his wife knows you're frothing at the gash to criticise Tets for any obscure metric you can think of, don't play the victim now.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Come on Traxy, the world and his wife knows you're frothing at the gash to criticise Tets for any obscure metric you can think of, don't play the victim now.
:lol: That’s some alternative universe in your head bro.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Brighton haven’t lost at home since gameweek 3.

Saturday will be really tough, especially with Bayern a few days after on the mind.

This is where one week can make or break a season.

Brighton (A)
Bayern (H)
Villa (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)

This is it; I don’t think our sub players are good enough for this run in, city have a huge advantage in that sense.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Remember this: we are now 5 points better off compared to the same games last year. If we manage to beat Brighton Saturday, we should really start believing. Especially given that we lost at OT last year and they are absolute ****.

LookingForEric

The actual state of Cities final games after this Villa one. They’re going to win every single one…

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Brighton haven’t lost at home since gameweek 3.

Saturday will be really tough, especially with Bayern a few days after on the mind.

This is where one week can make or break a season.

Brighton (A)
Bayern (H)
Villa (H)
Bayern (A)
Wolves (A)

This is it; I don’t think our sub players are good enough for this run in, city have a huge advantage in that sense.

Really? I think City's bench is being a bit overrated here. Trossard and Jesus vs Doku and Grealish for example, I'd probably go for our two. Partey and ESR if we can get them firing, vs Kovacic and Nunes. They also have a few defensive injuries currently so are short there.

LookingForEric

Really? I think City's bench is being a bit overrated here. Trossard and Jesus vs Doku and Grealish for example, I'd probably go for our two. Partey and ESR if we can get them firing, vs Kovacic and Nunes. They also have a few defensive injuries currently so are short there.

Yeah I don’t think their bench is as good as previous years but I think the title run in know how + their fixtures means they get maximum points, maybe drop points against Sp**s.

The key is going to be Saka’s fitness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom