• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2024/25: Our Title Charge

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:
What I fear more than Man City is injuries, can’t remember two good seasons in a row like the past two after years of Rosicky, Diaby, Wilshre, Özil*, RVP

(* “Ilness” )

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

What I fear more than Man City is injuries

giphy.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I have never checked before to see who has the most Doubles in English football, 1 more for us and it will be The Arsenal!

Please Mikel and El boys 🙏

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
We made the push to City this year to the last day with a quarter final in the CL. Rice was the most important signing we could have made.

This summer we will definitely improve more, if the trajectory is followed. Title challenge is a given, CL next season a an entire overhaul, don't really know what that will give. Quarter / semi should be a minimum. And a deep cup run in Caraboa en FA cup should be semi final at minimum, but cup games are always special and anything can happen.

As for signings, don't care who will come tbf. As long as dead wood is sold and better bench players are brought in so our general squad level is raised even more.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
Come on man, everyone is talking about 90+ point season?

I've seen this before, thought we were gonna kick on after the 04/05 season and then had an absolute dogsh1t season after with so many injuries.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Come on man, everyone is talking about 90+ point season?

I've seen this before, thought we were gonna kick on after the 04/05 season and then had an absolute dogsh1t season after with so many injuries.

Shouldn't you be posting on the Sp**s thread?

fute

Last year City were the better team head-to-head, but we still could have pulled it off had we not choked. No expectation going into that season.

This year we were the better team head-to-head but some stumbling blocks earlier in the season came back to haunt us for the 2nd half. 1 PL loss in 2024 shouldn't cost you the league but it did. There was sill ambivalence, some trepidation about winning the league going into the season given City's history. The 1-0 win vs City made some start to believe.

Next year, we should win the league. The core parts are in place. The expectation is to win it.

TriniGunner

Things that need to be worked on in the coming season:

1. Our offensive transition. - We've not been great at counterattacks this past season. Wrong decision making and poor finishing has cost us the league. We move from defense to offense quickly sometimes, but we fail to take advantage of defensive disorganization when we get around the box. It's a poor shot, a poor pass decision or not enough players to score.

2. Our wingers switching positions. - During Wenger's years, we saw Walcott and other wingers switch positions during the game to confuse wing backs. It worked and sometimes you need to take that risk with a player in his 'natural ' position. Martinelli looked so scary vs Everton and I'd love to see Saka also trying to play on the left during games.

3. Deceptive plays. - Players in offside positions purposely drawing the attention of defenders.

4. Shooting the ball. - No explanation needed. All professional footballers should be able to shoot the ball accurately. Eventually, one would go in. Only problem with that is a missed shot gives up possession.

5. Treat each game as a final. It's hard to do that over 38 games but a mentality of no dropped points works wonders when it comes to later in the season. You need the buffer.

6. No home game losses. NONE! A point should be all you must leave with at the Emirates as an opposing team.

TriniGunner

Last year City were the better team head-to-head, but we still could have pulled it off had we not choked. No expectation going into that season.

This year we were the better team head-to-head but some stumbling blocks earlier in the season came back to haunt us for the 2nd half. 1 PL loss in 2024 shouldn't cost you the league but it did. There was sill ambivalence, some trepidation about winning the league going into the season given City's history. The 1-0 win vs City made some start to believe.

Next year, we should win the league. The core parts are in place. The expectation is to win it.

I've been telling everyone that our Christmas run is what lost us the league. 1 point from 9 is not the kind of form you need anytime in the season to win the league with City in it. Losing 1 game out of 18 in 2024 wasn't the reason.

Goonger

I've been telling everyone that our Christmas run is what lost us the league. 1 point from 9 is not the kind of form you need anytime in the season to win the league with City in it. Losing 1 game out of 18 in 2024 wasn't the reason.

There's the stat going around that first 18 games we had more points than City, and last 18 games we had more points than City, so seems pretty obvious with that stat that Game week 19 & 20 killed us.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Something that should be on Arteta and Edu's mind is depth and rotation. We just cannot be relying on Saliba, Rice, Saka and Ødegaard, to play all those minutes as they had this past season.

We need proper rotation/competition players for these players. In addition, Arteta needs to trust our squad more. We are not going to get as lucky with injuries as we had in 23/24 again.

Goonger

Something that should be on Arteta and Edu's mind is depth and rotation. We just cannot be relying on Saliba, Rice, Saka and Ødegaard, to play all those minutes as they had this past season.

We need proper rotation/competition players for these players. In addition, Arteta needs to trust our squad more. We are not going to get as lucky with injuries as we had in 23/24 again.

I agree with the viewpoint that we need to raise the floor of the squad. I dont think it's feasible to carry 20+ first team players and give everyone regular game time, i think what you see with City is 18-20 quality players that there isn't much of a drop off whoever they put out, with youngsters like Bobb & Lewis supplementing them.

I also feel the forwards can / should rotate more than the defence. Freshness in the forward areas and more stability in defence. In games like he Villa game, or the Bayern game, where we were struggling to break them down, where we might have looked tired or just running out of ideas, we just haven't had the options available to change the game.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I agree. I think Saliba and Gabriel should start every game with the exception of maybe early Carabao Cup matches but if we're winning by 3-4 goals after 70 minutes or so, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to sub one of them off to give them a little break.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom