• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 21/22: Gameweek 22 (Feb 3-8)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,580
  • Views 59,439

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

From the Sky discussion, there's a feeling that he can be even better. That he's the best version of himself atm doesn't mean that he's at his actual best. The suggestion was that balls over the top would give him a greater scoring opportunity or other players passing quicker. Today, 8 City players had the chance to score and he wasn't one of them. It might be an off day but in a crucial match, that's not playing to his strengths. He'd actually be better in a counter attacking team like Sp**s
If he played for Sp**s, do you think he would be on more than 25 goals by now?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
To be fair to Chelsea they have cheated (as usual) their way into having an exciting squad. It won't happen instantly and I doubt it will happen next season, but when they find the right set up and manager to take them forward they do have some really good players.

I feel like they could copy our 433 very easily. They just need to sign a 'sitting' midfielder in the summer- let's say a Rice or Caicedo.

Kepa
James Silva Badiashile Chilwell
Caicedo/Rice
Enzo Mount
Sterling Nkunku Mudryk

Some sort of variation of this would be quite frightening. Mount and Enzo are perfect players and balance for playing number 8 in a 433.

Nkunku can act like a False 9 and you have Havertz as backup. And then you have a plethora of pacey 1on1 wingers who can operate like touchline wingers necessary for 433. The only potential question mark there is Sterling, who is suited being closer to goal + is stronger at LW where Mudryk is meant to be playing.

Anyway despite all of this, they are a couple signings and 18 months away from being a serious side unfortunately IMO. All because Roman wrote off that debt and they bent the rules as they always have.

Ind0Gunnerz

Haven't watched many city matches. But kinda surprised Dias and Laporte are still on the bench. How bad have they become? Just last 1-2 years they were the perfect duo

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
My ideal top 4 is

Us, City, Newcastle and Sp**s.

United being in there would be spicer though. That’s a proper rivalry, used to be anyway.
I'd like the same top 4. Sp**s won't do anything with top 4, just like last summer they'll just sign bang average players. Utd can make big signings without cl. With cl they'd be even more strong. So Sp**s over united any day for top 4

Edit: just now realized you said the exact same thing above lol

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If he played for Sp**s, do you think he would be on more than 25 goals by now?
No idea. I was referring more to the counter attacking style vs possession play. Haaland is a phenomenon but his and any City struggles are to our advantage.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'd like the same top 4. Sp**s won't do anything with top 4, just like last summer they'll just sign bang average players. Utd can make big signings without cl. With cl they'd be even more strong. So Sp**s over united any day for top 4

Edit: just now realized you said the exact same thing above lol
Nah you and @Trilly are crazy. You do not want Newcastle in top4. Not this soon. With CL revenue and the pull of the almighty Saudi riyal you really do not wanna see them top4 this soon. I’d like another year at least of not having to worry about them please.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

United vs Leeds. I’m gonna watch my favourite brother in the league tonight Gnonto

Latest posts+

Top Bottom