• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 21/22: Gameweek 5 (Sep 17-19)

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Doesn’t make any sense, other 20+ scorers have been less explosive than Auba is right now.
Yes, but I'm talking specifically about Auba, whose 'non-explosiveness toolkit' is lacking compared to the other "20+" guys.

If, say, Kane's finishing went to pot, I wouldn't back him to get 20+ either.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Nah your alright, watching us is enough proof for me. Like I say, I wouldn't expect Messi or Ronaldo to score in this set up.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Arteta is a forward's dream to play for.

I just think there's ample reason to believe that there are other, non-tactical factors behind the drop-off in Auba's output.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
No better way for Kane to hasten his sp*rs exit than phoning in a performance against the mighty Gunners next Sunday.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t make any sense, other 20+ scorers have been less explosive than Auba is right now.

premier-league-top-scorers-final-table--besoccer.png

Danny Ings got 22 goals in 2019/20 and he isn’t an explosive striker. Harry Kane isn’t explosive at all and he’s always at the top of these charts.

Ronaldo has 3 goals in 2 games already and he’s not as quick as he used to be.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not selling Kane was an absolute disaster. Mind you holding on to your players for far too long and rejecting good bids is Arsenal DNA. Explains why both of these clubs are so terrible.

Meanwhile look at what Liverpool done with Coutinho, Chelsea with hazard. Proper clubs.
Lol where has anybody made a seriously decent bid for any of our players? We wouldve sold Xhaka & Laca if anybody had stumped up decent coin. We have never had a coutinho, hazard quality player to sell on. Can you see a big line to buy Pepe?
For years our squad has been full of players that that we cant shift.
Dont remember too many bids for Mesut over the years.
We had to pay him to go in the end ffs!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
premier-league-top-scorers-final-table--besoccer.png

Danny Ings got 22 goals in 2019/20 and he isn’t an explosive striker. Harry Kane isn’t explosive at all and he’s always at the top of these charts.

Ronaldo has 3 goals in 2 games already and he’s not as quick as he used to be.
Every single player on that list has a better allround game than Auba apart from perhaps Vardy? I would say Vardy works harder tbf,

As for Ronaldo may be 36 but he can play football which is THE major advantage he has over Auba.

We need to create more for Auba no doubt but he also needs to be 100% & on it.
Its a 2 way street.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Every single player on that list has a better allround game than Auba apart from perhaps Vardy? I would say Vardy works harder tbf,

As for Ronaldo may be 36 but he can play football which is THE major advantage he has over Auba.

We need to create more for Auba no doubt but he also needs to be 100% & on it.
Its a 2 way street.

Ings, Jimenez and Kane all rely on service too. If the team are creating one chance per game they’d all be struggling aswell.

Ronaldo can play football?! I think Auba in that Utd team would be feasting too. Look at the impact Cavani who everyone thought was going to flop had on them towards the end of last season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Auba hasnt unfortunately & Laca cant run.
Lukaku is pretty much the complete TOP level striker.

Everyone was saying this about Lukaku when he was at Utd about him wearing Timberland boots, being overweight etc.

People never learn especially as it’s obvious that the club are wasting the best years of a top striker in Auba with a rookie manager who should be working in Los Pollos Hermanos rather than managing Arsenal.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Ings, Jimenez and Kane all rely on service too. If the team are creating one chance per game they’d all be struggling aswell.

Ronaldo can play football?! I think Auba in that Utd team would be feasting too. Look at the impact Cavani who everyone thought was going to flop had on them towards the end of last season.
Sure you have to look at the team. Uniteds team is better than ours & creates more. They were kind struggling a bit in that dept then Fernades arrived & he took them up a level tbf.
But even without Fernades they had more goal threat. Greenwood & Rashford are obvs gonna get more goals than ESR/Saka.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lol where has anybody made a seriously decent bid for any of our players? We wouldve sold Xhaka & Laca if anybody had stumped up decent coin. We have never had a coutinho, hazard quality player to sell on. Can you see a big line to buy Pepe?
For years our squad has been full of players that that we cant shift.
Dont remember too many bids for Mesut over the years.
We had to pay him to go in the end ffs!
Been saying our squad is crap for years and got labelled a troll for it.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

And then look at Martial. Ronaldo and Cavani are succeeding because of their movement, they’re at times creating their own goals just from their own ability, being intelligent and their timing. If Aubameyang isn’t doing that he’d flop harder than Martial in our team.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
This is why I hate these stats makes dummies think they’re right when they use it out of context.

At the end of the day Auba is a finisher, that's what he's all about. I watched him run his arse off most weeks on the wing chasing defenders last season so I'm not going to hold his goal tally against him. Until I see him missing loads of chances every week I'll find it impossible to say he's finished.

I'm not expecting him to play like Firmino because that's not his game. If that was Arteta's intention all along he should never have gave him that contract.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

And then look at Martial. Ronaldo and Cavani are succeeding because of their movement, they’re at times creating their own goals just from their own ability, being intelligent and their timing. If Aubameyang isn’t doing that he’d flop harder than Martial in our team.

Aubameyang’s movement is still excellent tho, I’ve seen countless times whereby he makes a run off the last defender but Xhaka, Elneny etc turn back and play the safe pass.

You mentioned Martial and it’s understandable as he was never prolific but I don’t think it’s possible for a top striker like Auba who was scoring 20+ goals a season to become dusted all of a sudden especially as the decline coincides with Arteta-ball and the 1 chance created a game. I suspect Ronaldo and Cavani would struggle in our team too under Arteta whilst Auba would be looking like one of the best strikers in the PL at Utd.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aubameyang’s best attribute is his position and timing of runs, he’d score 30 in Chelsea’s system.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang’s best attribute is his position and timing of runs, he’d score 30 in Chelsea’s system.
This, it’s been this for a while now.

He’s an elite poacher and good finisher that just happens to be lightning quick. It’s like because he happens to be fast people are using his age as a reason to explain the dip in numbers.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
This, it’s been this for a while now.

He’s an elite poacher and good finisher that just happens to be lightning quick. It’s like because he happens to be fast people are using his age as a reason to explain the dip in numbers.
"Elite poacher" and "lightning quick" aren't uncorrelated though. Well-identified and well-timed runs work even better when you're rapid.

I just don't understand why it's beyond the pale to suggest that a 32-year-old poacher's decline may not be 100% on his manager. Ronaldo and Zlatan are the exceptions, not the rule.

Even non-speedsters fall of the map at that age – Van Nistelrooy was done at 32, for example.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

"Elite poacher" and "lightning quick" aren't uncorrelated though. Well-identified and well-timed runs work even better when you're rapid.

I just don't understand why it's beyond the pale to suggest that a 32-year-old poacher's decline may not be 100% on his manager. Ronaldo and Zlatan are the exceptions, not the rule.

Even non-speedsters fall of the map at that age – Van Nistelrooy was done at 32, for example.
He’s still quick enough to leave most defenders behind and make the same runs he’s always made.

The issue isn’t his runs, it’s the chances he’s getting and surely that’s on his manager?

Latest posts

Top Bottom