• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 21/22: Gameweek 5 (Sep 17-19)

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Pepe for me has a better strike on him, but ASM is the better dribbler and overall player, I think. ASM is virtually unplayable 1 on 1, whereas Pepe is inconsistent in that regard. Its funny with Pepe, I think a lot of his inconsistency is mental. He has the ability but for some reason can’t apply it all the time.
I think if they were both available to buy now ASM goes for more money.
I do think Pepe is very talented btw but ASM is more exciting & direct.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t have even let Willock go unless we got ASM in some sort of deal but apparently we had Saka and Pepe like some were saying over the summer :rolleyes:

Don’t Utd have Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford etc fighting over two positions? That’s what top clubs do.

I wouldn’t have even let Willock go unless we got ASM in some sort of deal but apparently we had Saka and Pepe like some were saying over the summer :rolleyes:

Don’t Utd have Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford etc fighting over two positions? That’s what top clubs do.

We don't do a competition or well we did buy Rúnarsson and let him and Leno compete who use more estrogen supplements.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We don't do a competition or well we did buy Rúnarsson and let him and Leno compete who use more estrogen supplements.

That’s why I was saying some of our younger players are holding us back because “we might kill ESR, Patino, Azeez etc”

Competition is healthy. We shouldn’t just roll the red carpet out for players who haven’t proven anything. They need to earn their spot.

Game Over

This has been a brilliant game to watch. Best post-lockdown/no crowd I've seen. Good to see real football again this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Same. As much as I understand it, I'm still greatly annoyed we don't have Willock anymore.

That’s why I was saying some of our younger players are holding us back because “we might kill ESR, Patino, Azeez etc”

Competition is healthy. We shouldn’t just roll the red carpet out for players who haven’t proven anything. They need to earn their spot.

Dont know what you're on about here. We barely play young players anymore. Martinelli, Saka and ESR are the only ones who get a sniff in and Saka and ESR have been two of our better performers last year or so.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Said the same thing when we were linked with Moriba. Some people were worried about Azeez after we signed Lokonga. They're gonna need competition regardless. The issue is when their current competition is garbage and they still don't play.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Dont know what you're on about here. We barely play young players anymore. Martinelli, Saka and ESR are the only ones who get a sniff in and Saka and ESR have been two of our better performers last year or so.

ESR wouldn’t be starting for any of the top 4 teams that’s my point. Top tier talents like Greenwood and Foden aren’t even guaranteed starting positions because of the competition that’s my whole point.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ESR wouldn’t be starting for any of the top 4 teams that’s my point. Top tier talents like Greenwood and Foden aren’t even guaranteed starting positions because of the competition that’s my whole point.
Even as someone that calls for Hale Enders to be given opportunities often, if we had senior players who were capable of challenging for honours regularly, nobody would call for us to play the younger players as much as they do. Back when we actually were good, people like me were a minority :lol:. I was always calling for guys like Bentley, Aliadiere and others to get opportunities where possible (League Cup etc) and that was when we were winning.

Well, we bought a worse player in Ødegaard and now we are playing him over ESR. Saka is the only young player we are playing and he is our best player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This game is open wide like a soggy ***** :lol:. Enjoying it almost as much as one.

Just need a Willock goal/assist.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Even as someone that calls for Hale Enders to be given opportunities often, if we had senior players who were capable of challenging for honours regularly, nobody would call for us to play the younger players as much as they do. Back when we actually were good, people like me were a minority :lol:. I was always calling for guys like Bentley, Aliadiere and others to get opportunities where possible (League Cup etc) and that was when we were winning.

It’s a common theme nowadays for everyone to be crying about giving the youth a chance and I’m a fan of it but those who say we’re killing the youth etc are the ones that annoy me.

Well, we bought a worse player in Ødegaard and now we are playing him over ESR. Saka is the only young player we are playing and he is our best player.

I agree about Saka but ESR wouldn’t be starting ahead of the likes of Bruno, KDB, Havertz etc in all of those top sides. Our lack of quality in that area has cost us big time.

It’s going to sound like I have an agenda against ESR but it’s far from it.

:lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Willock not at his peak yet at all but he's so good at getting Newcastle up the pitch when he actually gets the ball.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s a common theme nowadays for everyone to be crying about giving the youth a chance and I’m a fan of it but those who say we’re killing the youth etc are the ones that annoy me.

I agree about Saka but ESR wouldn’t be starting ahead of the likes of Bruno, KDB, Havertz etc in all of those top sides. Our lack of quality in that area has cost us big time.

It’s going to sound like I have an agenda against ESR but it’s far from it.

:lol:
ESR is well on his way, he just needs more time.

But yeah, the whole "killing the youth" thing is stupid, I even thought that when Wenger used to say it about "killing Denilson". Iron sharpens iron, steel sharpens steel. The competition should cause them to fight. The academy right now is chock full of talent and the competition is immense. Not all will make it. It should be the same once they get to the first team.

------

Joelinton is ****ing **** man. He does such good work then ****s it up when it matters. Hasn't changed at all from when he was at Hoffenheim.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

ESR is well on his way, he just needs more time.

But yeah, the whole "killing the youth" thing is stupid, I even thought that when Wenger used to say it about "killing Denilson". Iron sharpens iron, steel sharpens steel. The competition should cause them to fight. The academy right now is chock full of talent and the competition is immense. Not all will make it. It should be the same once they get to the first team.

------

Joelinton is ****ing **** man. He does such good work then ****s it up when it matters. Hasn't changed at all from when he was at Hoffenheim.

How close do you think Patino is to the first team? Similar to ESR last season? Twitter seem to be crazy over him at the moment especially after that Utd goal.

Top Bottom