• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 21/22: Gameweek 5 (Sep 17-19)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How close do you think Patino is to the first team? Similar to ESR last season? Twitter seem to be crazy over him at the moment especially after that Utd goal.
Patino might be the most pushed and hyped Hale Ender since Jack Wilshere in '08. Don't remember this much furore over a talent. Azeez, Reiss etc, none of them got this kind of fanfare.

In fairness, he's very promising. He's got a lot of character, a technical leader, uses the ball extremely well for a young CM and has great awareness. Ready for first team football? I wouldn't rule it out but I don't think he's anymore ready than Azeez is. The quality is there though.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Patino might be the most pushed and hyped Hale Ender since Jack Wilshere in '08. Don't remember this much furore over a talent. Azeez, Reiss etc, none of them got this kind of fanfare.

In fairness, he's very promising. He's got a lot of character, a technical leader, uses the ball extremely well for a young CM and has great awareness. Ready for first team football? I wouldn't rule it out but I don't think he's anymore ready than Azeez is. The quality is there though.
The word “character” stood out in your response. Could it be a difference in drive/attitude? That seems to be the difference between a lot of young players, the willingness to focus and stay switched on, track back, and give 100% consistently.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t he Al’s son though? Big Hollywood dad will increase the hype tbf.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rate Pepe.

But weird we changed from looking at a LW in summer 2019 (Zaha) only to end up with a RW in Nico...probably should have went for ASM instead that season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The word “character” stood out in your response. Could it be a difference in drive/attitude? That seems to be the difference between a lot of young players, the willingness to focus and stay switched on, track back, and give 100% consistently.
More that he takes a lot of responsibility in the game. Also, much is made of his [currently] slight figure but he's actually got quite the aggressive streak and very much does some of the dirty work required of a potential PL midfielder.

He's not quite ready for that step up yet IMO but I would not be surprised if he doesn't look out of place if it happens.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal is not that club to be introducing genuine competitions for places right now they are better off improving the starting 11 as best they can.

Two kids or two sh*tters battling it out does nothing except piss me off.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal is not that club to be introducing genuine competitions for places right now they are better off improving the starting 11 as best they can.

Two kids or two sh*tters battling it out does nothing except piss me off.

No point in improving the starting 11 if we’ve got **** manager. He’ll find some way to mess it up regardless.

Imagine ASM under Arteta, he wouldn’t survive after dribbling past a few players.

:lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

No point in improving the starting 11 if we’ve got **** manager. He’ll find some way to mess it up regardless.

Imagine ASM under Arteta, he wouldn’t survive after dribbling past a few players.

That’s why when you man we’re lusting over these players I left you all to it.

ASM and Raphina as our wingers would probably be more exciting than what we’ve got though. They aren’t changing much however, we’d just bemoan the rest of the team like when Özil and Sanchez were here.

Riou

That’s why when you man we’re lusting over these players I left you all to it.

ASM and Raphina as our wingers would probably be more exciting than what we’ve got though. They aren’t changing much however, we’d just bemoan the rest of the team like when Özil and Sanchez were here.

So, what do you suggest...don't sign any players, and somehow improve that way? :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So, what do you suggest...don't sign any players, and somehow improve that way? :lol:
Ah right, yeah another 200 mil should do the trick.

If Arsenal cared about my mental health they wouldn't spend a penny until a new director and manager comes through the door. Our transfer budgets going forward would be better suited going towards that instead.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Bollocks logic this. The better the squad, or even just more expensive as squad value doesn't always equate to ability ahem, the more his failings get brought to light, the quicker the exit.

Riou

Ah right, yeah another 200 mil should do the trick.

If Arsenal cared about my mental health they wouldn't spend a penny until a new director and manager comes through the door. Our transfer budgets going forward would be better suited going towards that instead.

The investment in the team this summer, surely means at least one of Arteta or Edu will be gone at the end of the season.

Can't see Mikel turning it around, for a successful league season...I can't see how Stan wouldn't sack one if not both, he sacked others for less.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The investment in the team, surely means one at least one of Arteta or Edu will be gone at the end of the season.

Can't see Mikel turning it around, for a successful league season...I can't see how Stan wouldn't sack one if not both, he sacked others for less.
If you know this then why do you laugh at me when I could not be f*cked about who we sign going forward?

You man got hype over Tammy Abraham anyways I dunno why I'm even explaining myself.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bollocks logic this. The better the squad, or even just more expensive as squad value doesn't always equate to ability ahem, the more his failings get brought to light, the quicker the exit.

Getoutttaereeeee with your bollocks logic.

What’s the point in wasting money on talents like Saliba and then banishing them? He’s literally damaging our reputation in France. I’d rather we sign nobody and leave the funds to the next manager than splash out on top players that he’ll misuse. This is the same dud that has got Auba playing LWB ffs.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Getoutttaereeeee with your bollocks logic.

What’s the point in wasting money on talents like Saliba and then banishing them? He’s literally damaging our reputation in France. I’d rather we sign nobody and leave the funds to the next manager than splash out on top players that he’ll misuse. This is the same dud that has got Auba playing LWB ffs.
He didn't sign Saliba tbf. No investment is not the answer. Do what we did last summer was sensible. Sign young players with potential. If Arteta ****s up, which he will, he goes and hopefully a better manager comes in and the squad does better, then good. If one or two continue to not work out, then they're still young and sellable. Sign young and hire a proper manager, that's the answer.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He didn't sign Saliba tbf. No investment is not the answer. Do what we did last summer was sensible. Sign young players with potential. If Arteta ****s up, which he will, he goes and hopefully a better manager comes in and the squad does better, then good. If one or two continue to not work out, then they're still young and sellable. Sign young and hire a proper manager, that's the answer.

You make it sound easy but how about if we have another Saliba situation and the new manager comes in and isn’t keen on Ben White or any of these other signings we signed for big money? The club have been changing strategies every summer, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we go back to the washed up b*ms next summer and bring in some experienced manager.

We’ve been making the wrong decisions for years now and you expect this to change all of a sudden.

Getting sick of explaining 2 + 2 to this forum.

Stop crying unnecessarily ffs.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom