• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No, I think he has great technical quality and can help us control the game, and Xhaka can't play every single game this season, he is too important now that we've failed to bring a top CM.

It's a winnable game for me, with or without Xhaka
I don't remember ever seeing Jorginho playing as a runner in the 8 position. He may well have but I've only ever seen him as a 6. So he either plays there or doesn't play in my opinion.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No way you drop Xhaka, not even sure Jorginho has the energy to play that role for us anyway...can't lose the power Granit gives us in the middle, especially with Partey having a wobble in form.

Trossard and Tomi if for Gabby and White, same team otherwise.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

Famous last words :lol:

There should be no room for complacency, neither on the pitch or off it!!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We have to win for the obvious reason and to silence the chatter. I would maybe start Trossard at RWF and play Martinelli centrally allowing them to interchange. Tomi should start and the midfield remain unchanged. 3-1 with no injuries

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
They are in good form while we have lost 2 on the bounce. I'm worried about this fixture tbh.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They are in good form while we have lost 2 on the bounce. I'm worried about this fixture tbh.
We lost to City playing half our first team.

We lost today due to poor performance and a solid performance by our opponent. We played away from home and they had a new manager in the dug out.

I'm not saying it will be easy next week. But Brentford at home is a completely different game than Everton away was.

The City match has 0 bearing on our form or result today. Nor will it have an impact on next week's result.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Rotation please.

We need to use our squad more to get our bench players ready for the run-in and let one or two first team players (Saka) get a rest.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Rotation please.

We need to use our squad more to get our bench players ready for the run-in and let one or two first team players (Saka) get a rest.
Saka is going to have a week's rest. Why on earth would we rest our best players for players only deemed good enough for the bench in a must win game?

Maybe I'm from a different planet but you don't go:

Saka- Trossard
Xhaka- Jorginho
Ødegaard - Vieira

Why would players who have played 1 game a week for the last couple of months need a break?

Why in a must win game fighting for the league would we "rest" a few of our best players?

m-due

3-0 Arsenal. We need the 3 points. The only way to correct the disappointment at Goodison Park.

Riou

Can't wait to get this little demon back soon...

...as good as Saka, Martinelli and Eddie have been in attack, this is THE guy for us.

People have forgotten just how good he is, one of the best false 9s in the world...takes our whole team up a level!

Riou

another nice kickabout with the boys.

Please let none of the players tweet this post match.

Just beat them on the pitch, win the game and move on...stop continuing feuds with random players like Toney and Maupay that aren't worth our time, ignoring them is the best way to deal with them.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Please let none of the players tweet this post match.

Just beat them on the pitch, win the game and move on...stop continuing feuds with random players like Toney and Maupay that aren't worth our time, ignoring them is the best way to deal with them.
The time to speak is when the job is done. Last year, Klay Thompson waited months to win the NBA title before destroying some rando on the Grizzlies who had mouthed off earlier when he was celebrating a 4th ring. The time for our players to say anything other than with their play is when that 14th title is sealed and they point out that bums like Toney and Maupay will never win one.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Can't wait to get this little demon back soon...

...as good as Saka, Martinelli and Eddie have been in attack, this is THE guy for us.

People have forgotten just how good he is, one of the best false 9s in the world...takes our whole team up a level!
Nope. Nobody's forgotten mate !

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Tomi in for White and Trossard in for Martinelli. Bring Martinelli on in the 60-70th minute to run at tired legs.

Not an easy game in the slightest though. Very physical side, and they're the most in form team in the league at the moment (14 points in their last 6 games, haven't lost in 9).

Got to do the business and get back on track to keep that brilliant Emirates form intact!

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Brentford with similar tactics to Everton ( and Newcastle) but they will have a more clinical striker. Won't be easy again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Saka and Martinelli have been ripping teams apart, but Dyche showed how you can keep both of them quiet by doubling up and getting very tight to them. Pep got Ake to do something similar, but big difference with Luke Shaw who kept backing off Saka.

Let's hope Frank wasn't watching the Everton game.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Im not sure how many changes id make it ranges from 4 to 1. One im certain on is White for Tomiyasu.

The rest really depends on how many players are in the 'red zone' after 3 tough games in a row or how ruthless Arteta wants to be after back to back defeats. Either reason should be used to justify changes question is will Arteta make any changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom