• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The piece of **** pathetic referees in this damn country are gonna cost us our title. Every game we’ve dropped points in this season there’s been shocking decisions.

-Southampton away no pen.
-Everton away foul on Gabriel. No pen.
-Martinelli goal against Yanited wrongfully ruled out.
-Toney’s equaliser shouldn’t have stood.

Livid. We just want a fair shake. That’s all. We can’t because we’re the mighty Arsenal.

blaze_of_glory

The piece of **** pathetic referees in this damn country are gonna cost us our title. Every game we’ve dropped points in this season there’s been shocking decisions.

Livid. We just want a fair shake. That’s all. We can’t because we’re the mighty Arsenal.
Not a single ref from the London area. Makes sense, just a small town

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

Newcastle at home, gabriel pulled down

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Though the VAR decision obviously didn’t help. We didn’t play anywhere near well enough to have won this game. Brentford out XG’d us.

Really annoying that we couldn’t put in a good response to the Everton game hence the City game couldn’t come at a better time.

Badger_Revenge

That is the rule and has been for a long time. It has to be a body part that can play the ball.
Then it's not clear to me how Pennock is not offside in the first phase then. Partey looks to be the only player playing him on with his hand. I guess because Gabriel has hold of his shirt and they aren't sure where to draw the line?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Any side with 30% of the ball is not the better side. They fashioned the better chances on the break in the first half when our defending was really poor. A draw on balance was probably a deserved result for both teams

Imo the 30% possession stat for them shows that they came prepared for it and were happy to let us dominate possession.

It was very evident with their deep defence and them hitting long balls on the break

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Embarrassing. We had to put up with **** under Wenger and now Uncle Mikel.
It’s all in the wording in that article. ‘Victims’… Sky know exactly what they are doing here.

Trying to whip up a frenzy so that Arsenal can be punished further by the FA, because you can guarantee Arteta and the players will be going mad at the officials the next time a decision goes against us.

Hope the internal message in the club is for everyone to stay calm and unperturbed by this crap… don’t give these pr*cks what they want.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wondering how Holding would fare against Toney. He certainly knows how to deal with the bigger more physical lads.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Though the VAR decision obviously didn’t help. We didn’t play anywhere near well enough to have won this game. Brentford out XG’d us.

Really annoying that we couldn’t put in a good response to the Everton game hence the City game couldn’t come at a better time.
It’s the first of our mini slumps under arteta this year, we had 3-4 of these last year where our chance creation and goal scoring just stops for a period of 4-5 games. Also our pressing seems to drop off in intensity.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It’s the first of our mini slumps under arteta this year, we had 3-4 of these last year where our chance creation and goal scoring just stops for a period of 4-5 games. Also our pressing seems to drop off in intensity.
This!! All day. The insane intensity has slipped in the last 2 games. Someone else pointed out there are less "huddles" recently as well.

Its all since that Chelsea player joined I tell ya:alert:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
This!! All day. The insane intensity has slipped in the last 2 games. Someone else pointed out there are less "huddles" recently as well.

The huddles are dropping off as they tend to do them after we score

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

We brought the curse with him... Not a coincidence he hasn't won a PL in his career... And probably he won't here neither.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't put the Newcastle came to the Emitrates and were amazing into the same bracket as Everton and Brentford. I think we pushed Newcastle back, dominated and just lacked that spark off the bench to get a goal. They time wasted effectively and we didn't get the calls.

Everton and Brentford set up in a way that heavily relies on us not scoring first and managing to keep us out.

It also means that they have to go long and it just so happens that Toney and DCL are the best aerial big body strikers in the league along with Mitrovic.

The whole idea of everyone can now set up a deep block against us an get a result. They can try, but do they have the outball? United had Weghorst and couldn't get out. Sp**s had Kane and couldn't get out. There are no better strikers than those two aerially and physically.

So Villa can set up like that if they want, but is Watkins going to dominate our centre backs? Is Ihenacho?

I think we can put a lot of aphrensivenss from opposing teams with that tactic when they see it fail against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom