• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspurs | Saturday 1st, October | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

172a63b0-1c78-11ec-94fb-3737241121a1.png

This is really massive. A win is a must imo. These sort of games, performance usually matters. It's the results that matter.

Arteta will have to learn from his mistakes at Old Trafford. We know the sort of threat Sp**s carry. Their midfield is dogshit. They have Royal, Sanchez, Dier and Sessengnon in their back five.

They'll put 10 men behind the ball and wait for a chink to appear in our amour and they'll exploit it ruthlessly and Son has just come back to form right in time for the derby.

We should have all our players back for this (save for Elneny) barring an injuries in the international break.

Screenshot-20220925-151511.png
Screenshot-20220925-151531.png

Screenshot-20220925-151548.png

Screenshot-20220925-151744.png

Screenshot-20220925-151818.png

Lineup

I think it will be the same lineup vs Brentford tbh.
Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Prediction
Arsenal 2-0 Sp**s

Screenshot-20220925-152730.png

Last edited:

Fabregasm

Conte away from home against top teams style is predictable he'll tell his players to work hard defend and defend strongly and hit teams on counters. Everyone knows that.

All about being ruthless tomorrow Sp**s concede goals they aren't very solid at the back.

Agree that we absolutely need to be clinical, you can feel like every chances missed our morale gonna dropped and Sp**s will get driven up to catch us on the counter

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Agree that we absolutely need to be clinical, you can feel like every chances missed our morale gonna dropped and Sp**s will get driven up to catch us on the counter
Feel like **** just reading this. This is us every important game.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Don’t know why there’s pessimism about us winning the league. Leicester had a freak season. 38 games really isn’t that many data points to get a true reading of the best team every year. Leicester were sh!t the season before and the season after, which proves the anomaly.

It could happen.
That it could happen = there should not be pessimism? Every team has a mathematical chance of winning the league, should they all be optimistic because theirs could be the anomalous year, no matter how unlikely?
That you claim it as an anomaly is one answer to your question - though I think most who cast doubts on this years title prospects are forthcoming for why e.g. reliance on injury prone players and squad depth, being too far behind City, etc.

I admire your optimism though tbf, I did not realize you were so excited and upbeat about this years possibilities. Hopefully you are right, and another great run begins with a proper thrashing of Sp**s tomorrow!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Must win. Simple as. Whatever way we have to win.

A loss or a draw here and it opens up the theory that we can only beat the smaller teams. Plus added to the fact we find it hard to win away at Sp**s we need the full 3 points here.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Dead cert Kane gets his usual penalty goal against us. Other then that I am confident as team is playing well and our record at home against them is great
Don't forget Son loves to dive too. We can expect some of their usual playacting, especially since they're on the road for this one. We're going to find out more tomorrow just how poised Gabriel and Saliba really are, because you're right. They're going to do whatever dirty stuff they can to win one of those soft penalties. I'm betting on our boys.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Son loves to dive but we have Saka, who also loves a good dive. Not worried in that regard

Feeling quite confident if they have Kulusevski out actually. He's the source of most of their good attacks.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Don't forget Son loves to dive too. We can expect some of their usual playacting, especially since they're on the road for this one. We're going to find out more tomorrow just how poised Gabriel and Saliba really are, because you're right. They're going to do whatever dirty stuff they can to win one of those soft penalties. I'm betting on our boys.
Seen kane elbows a few times as well. Protected as England captain though

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The most important factor that determines the outcome of this game is if we have our finishing boots on. If we're profligate, Sp**s will make us pay.

We're at home, I have no doubt that we'll create chances, but remains to be seen if we'll capture that ruthlessness we had in 18/19.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think at Emirates our morale is difficult to go down even if we concede the fans will be behind the team. We'll have so much possession tomorrow so we better use it

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
While their performances have been average to dire, Sp**s have been grinding out results. We all know what their game plan is, so it's imperative that we take care of the ball and don't give it away cheaply in dangerous areas where they'll look to capitalize.

Don't even remember the last time we lost to them at home in the league and we're in good form so we should be optimistic, a draw will be a letdown tbh.

We've got a tough back-to-back with Pool in the following league match, but 4 out of 6 points should be the minimum expectation if we're looking to take the next step, considering both are at home. This run up to the WC will be a good barometer in determining whether we can be contenders or are pretenders.
why is this the early saturday kickoff ffs, probably going to miss it :/
Yea, don't like early kick offs for key fixtures like the NLD. Personally feel these derbies and big matches (like big 6 clashes) should be the late kick off. The match build-up and the ensuing atmosphere is always better in the late games, but I understand if it's due to logistics or if they want to fairly distribute the primetime slots.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yea, don't like early kick offs for key fixtures like the NLD. Personally feel these derbies and big matches (like big 6 clashes) should be the late kick off. The match build-up and the ensuing atmosphere is always better in the late games, but I understand if it's due to logistics or if they want to fairly distribute the primetime slots.
It’s done to limit the amount of drinking time for both sets of fans.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
It’s done to limit the amount of drinking time for both sets of fans.
Yea, if it's done for logistics/policing reasons, then fair enough. But iirc, think the NLD at the Emirates last season was the late kickoff so idk. Not that big of a deal regardless, I suppose.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom