• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Arsenal vs AFC Bournemouth | 09/09/2017 | 15:00 BST

What will be the result against Bournemouth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Happy with the performance today but it means nothing if there's no consistency next week. We have to start showing up in the big games.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He shied away from the media, deserves to be acknowledged for sure. But every man and their dog (how fitting) knew he wanted out. By all accounts he was delighted when his move to City was seemingly going through, but devastated to learn he was staying put.

There was always gonna be a few boos.

Probably the same people that moan everytime a ball is lost and yell shooooot 50 yards from goal.

I will say though first time Giroud has had a bigger cheer then Alexis. How the great man has turned it round:D

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He shied away from the media, deserves to be acknowledged for sure. But every man and their dog (how fitting) knew he wanted out. By all accounts he was delighted when his move to City was seemingly going through, but devastated to learn he was staying put.

There was always gonna be a few boos.
Can you blame him? After what we saw at Anfield any top player would've wanted to leave the mess that is our club. And it was us who sanctioned a move in the first place and then snatched it away at the last minute. The whole thing was conducted in a terrible unprofessional manner by us.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Maybe. But I'm sure he wants Ramsey to time his runs and spend some time defending or at least being behind the ball. Ramsey got called out when on international duty for wildly running forward. We can't expect Bould to stand on the touchline waving his hands telling them minute by minute where and when to move. Between them,this should be sorted. Maybe Kos has to step in and tell them to stau with 10 yards of him lol.
Kos needs to learn from Scorpion. Get over here, Ramsey!

latest

OSBK

Established Member
Thought mustafi had a good game. Also they cleared the ball much better, putting it into row z and not taking chances.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought Alexis played well when he came on :)

That's being said, I don't think he should start vs Chelsea.

Wenger made an absolute mess with the Liverpool line up, rectifying that would mean starting Welbeck based on performances since that game. Alexis playing well in the last 15 minutes in a game that is already won is meaningless.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We're not aware of went on behind the scenes, however Alexis never publicly agitated for a move and for that he deserves respect imo. He could've made his position at the club untenable ala Van Persie and Fabregas but kept it dignified for the most part.

Like you I wouldn't condemn any match going fan voicing their opinion but I don't think Alexis has done anything that bad.
We don't know what went on behind the scenes so you can draw your own conclusion on his absence recently. Genuinely injured or refusing to play.

Only just seen the highlights we looked solid and never in any danger. Let's see what happens with Koln and Chelsea.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Can you blame him? After what we saw at Anfield any top player would've wanted to leave the mess that is our club. And it was us who sanctioned a move in the first place and then snatched it away at the last minute. The whole thing was conducted in a terrible unprofessional manner by us.

The aim was always to keep him. Wenger made no secret of that. However a late £60M bid changes everything. We also did try and replace him, when that fell through we pulled out, what were we supposed to do? Sell him anyway and just get on with it?

The advantage we have is the kind of guy Alexis is. I don't doubt for a second he'll continue to give his all in an Arsenal shirt. When taking that into consideration, it made perfect sense to keep him.

Alexis now knows the longest he'll be here is another season, assuming he decides not to extend. He could even get a move in January. Like I said before, he should be happy he remains at a bigger club :).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The aim was always to keep him. Wenger made no secret of that. However a late £60M bid changes everything. We also did try and replace him, when that fell through we pulled out, what were we supposed to do? Sell him anyway and just get on with it?

The advantage we have is the kind of guy Alexis is. I don't doubt for a second he'll continue to give his all in an Arsenal shirt. When taking that into consideration, it made perfect sense to keep him.

Alexis now knows the longest he'll be here is another season, assuming he decides not to extend. He could even get a move in January. Like I said before, he should be happy he remains at a bigger club :).

Interesting though , looking at that City side , he doesn't them suit imo .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cross's biography of Wenger is obviously your bible. May it bring you peace.
Cross on Wenger is more sh*te, I said non-fiction. :lol:

Try reading the 'Blind Watchmaker', some truth based on hard evidence, for a change.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I am still not convinced to have Kos to play in the middle of the 3 CBs. He lost a bournmouth striker and luckily that player's header hit the post only. This happens almost everygame. Per or Holding is so badly needed to start in the middle of that back 3.

Kos played at RCB vs Bournemouth

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We don't know what went on behind the scenes so you can draw your own conclusion on his absence recently. Genuinely injured or refusing to play.
I don't see why it wouldn't be a genuine injury. Seems perfectly plausible that he strained a muscle trying to push himself to get fit quickly in order to play in the Community Shield.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't see why it wouldn't be a genuine injury. Seems perfectly plausible that he strained a muscle trying to push himself to get fit quickly in order to play in the Community Shield.
Certainly it is plausible. Unfortunately we don't know for definite. Both club and player have played it well. But there will be doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom