• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 11th February | KO: 15:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

That was our most dreadful performance in the league since that collapse at Newcastle at the backend of last season.

It is imperative we win this or doubts will start to creep and there can be no doubt in a title race especially against City, a declining one, nonetheless, otherwise when doubt creep in, especially in a young side like ours, you have yourself another title bottle job. But we should see off Brentford at home fairly easily.

Screenshot-20230204-170422.png

Screenshot-20230204-170436.png

Screenshot-20230204-170447.png

Screenshot-20230204-172923.png

White and Martinelli shouldn't see to he pitch, abeg.

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Brentford

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Saka and Martinelli have been ripping teams apart, but Dyche showed how you can keep both of them quiet by doubling up and getting very tight to them. Pep got Ake to do something similar, but big difference with Luke Shaw who kept backing off Saka.

Let's hope Frank wasn't watching the Everton game.

I think that game yesterday showed a bit of deficiencies in our system even though it’s been fantastic for us this season. Pretty sure I was discussing it at a point on here with @Trilly last season that we don’t have a natural RB with Tomiyasu there last season and White currently playing there which leaves Saka isolated in certain games. I’d say it more so happens with Saka than Martinelli as Xhaka sometimes provides him with an outlet when he drifts out wide. To be honest, it was what I was expecting to happen sooner rather than later as teams have started realising that Saka is our main threat.

I’m sure Arteta’s ideal option on the right would be a peak Kyle Walker who can shift into a back three to neutralise any counter attacks with his recovery pace but also provide an attacking threat by supporting Saka on the flank. Difficult to find that sort of player imo.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Saka and Martinelli have been ripping teams apart, but Dyche showed how you can keep both of them quiet by doubling up and getting very tight to them. Pep got Ake to do something similar, but big difference with Luke Shaw who kept backing off Saka.

Let's hope Frank wasn't watching the Everton game.

Only thing is Frank plays 5-3-2 mostly so they'll not be doubled up necessarily unless he alters some things. It'll be similar in a lot of ways tho in terms of their physicality, pressing and how resilient they'll be. We already won comfortably against Brentford away tho so we just need to get back to that.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I’d say it more so happens with Saka than Martinelli as Xhaka sometimes provides him with an outlet when he drifts out wide.
Actually agree with the sentiment of your post but this ain’t right. BW and Ødegaard give way more to Saka than what Nelli gets. I’m sure this is born out by stats. But either way the point stands.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Actually agree with the sentiment of your post but this ain’t right. BW and Ødegaard give way more to Saka than what Nelli gets. I’m sure this is born out by stats. But either way the point stands.

Ben White was doing it a lot more at the start of the season which is why it went unnoticed but he still looks a bit unnatural especially in games like yesterday unlike Zinchenko who offers both an option in midfield and can support Martinelli on that flank by running on the outside/inside - Xhaka does exactly the same too which confuses the opposition on that side. Shades of City when they were doing exactly the same thing.

Saka on the other hand was doing everything by himself tbf. He was driving past Mykolenko + McNeil/Iwobi to come inside. I hardly saw Ødegaard drifting out on that wing to support him.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Ben White was doing it a lot more at the start of the season which is why it went unnoticed but he still looks a bit unnatural especially in games like yesterday unlike Zinchenko who offers both an option in midfield and can support Martinelli on that flank by running on the outside/inside - Xhaka does exactly the same too which confuses the opposition on that side. Shades of City when they were doing exactly the same thing.

Saka on the other hand was doing everything by himself tbf. He was driving past Mykolenko + McNeil/Iwobi to come inside. I hardly saw Ødegaard drifting out on that wing to support him.

Yeah. The main value of BW making the overlaps was to take a defender away from Saka but he was never really effective if/when he got the ball in those situations. Duck out of water.

You’re on the money with lack of support form Ødegaard yesterday which has been a feature of our play this season. I think he just had to help out deeper in midfield too much. We were bullied there tbh, not enough being made of Everton’s midfield game yday. Very few teams would have come out of that battle on top. They were possessed.

We’ve seen this Arse shake things up in the past against an effective high press by going long from Ramsdale etc. Again didn’t see any of this yesterday. Really think it was a bit of shell shock + complacency. Don’t see it being a problem at the carpet against Brentford though.

3-0 inshaAllah incoming

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think that game yesterday showed a bit of deficiencies in our system even though it’s been fantastic for us this season. Pretty sure I was discussing it at a point on here with @Trilly last season that we don’t have a natural RB with Tomiyasu there last season and White currently playing there which leaves Saka isolated in certain games. I’d say it more so happens with Saka than Martinelli as Xhaka sometimes provides him with an outlet when he drifts out wide. To be honest, it was what I was expecting to happen sooner rather than later as teams have started realising that Saka is our main threat.

I’m sure Arteta’s ideal option on the right would be a peak Kyle Walker who can shift into a back three to neutralise any counter attacks with his recovery pace but also provide an attacking threat by supporting Saka on the flank. Difficult to find that sort of player imo.
At City Pep played KDB as the right no8 to help with this.

Our right no8 being left footed means he doesn’t do those same overlaps he instead cuts in like @db10_therza has said before. So we’re leaving Saka without an overlapping RB or CM which is tough tbh. Really tough.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Our right no8 being left footed means he doesn’t do those same overlaps he instead cuts in like @db10_therza has said before. So we’re leaving Saka without an overlapping RB or CM which is tough tbh. Really tough.

Exactly, that’s why I think if we end up winning the PL it’ll come down to how many moments of magic he’ll be able to produce from now until the end of the season. Definitely would be my pick for PFA Player Of The Year over Haaland if he manages to do that.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Bring Declan to the Carpet. Need a right footed 8.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sir Danny of Welbatros putting Brentford to the sword in the cup back in 2018...

...gone but not forgotten!

(PS...he's not dead, just plays for a different team now)

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Saka is going to have a week's rest. Why on earth would we rest our best players for players only deemed good enough for the bench in a must win game?

Maybe I'm from a different planet but you don't go:

Saka- Trossard
Xhaka- Jorginho
Ødegaard - Vieira

Why would players who have played 1 game a week for the last couple of months need a break?

Why in a must win game fighting for the league would we "rest" a few of our best players?

Ferguson didn't play the same XI for a year. Not rotating players may lead to fatigue, burnout and injuries.

I didn't say swap out all three of those players. We're also not playing at the Etihad. If we can't afford to use one or two bench players in a game like this, we may as well not have a squad.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Hope we get a few goals against them, need players sharp and confidant ahead of the city game. 3 nil win be nice.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Brentford are unbeaten the last nine games, their longest run for 87 years apparantly. Frank is doing a very good job there.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Only change I’d make is Martinelli for Trossard.

Ramsdale
Saliba - Gabi
White - Thomas - Zinchenko
Ødegaard — Xhaka
Saka - Nketiah - Trossard.​

So vital we bounce back here and get the momentum going again. Tricky game though.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
What a huge huge let off we got tonight. I hope the players keep their heads but also raise their intensity against Brentford cause if we play like we did yesterday, we will get beaten again.

Darsig

Player:Saliba
Thankfully it's at home. Away to Brentford after the Everton game would have been a potential minefield. Thinking Brentford will score, but Arteta-ball is just too lethal at the Emirates. 2-1 or 3-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom