• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich City | Saturday, 11th September | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if I want us to win or not. Both teams are in poor form, but I'm sure Norwich fancies this. This might kickstart their season. Historically, we always have the upper hand against them, but struggling to see how we beat them seeing the way we play.

The stats makes for grim reading

Screenshot-20210905-120307.png

Screenshot-20210905-120327.png

We do seem to have a decent record against them tbf

Screenshot-20210905-120244.png

This match always come to mind when I think about Norwich. Orgasmic football!

A bit of nostalgia for my boy @Riou

Predicted Lineup

Attachments

• 1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 29

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I actually thought we created a few good chances. I really liked our pressing in the first 20 minutes too. A big feature of our game under Arteta is that we tend to start really well, that includes against the likes of Chelski and Citeh too.

If we start scoring early in games we’ll be cooking on gas.
We had 30 shots today which was a big improvement.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Getting arsy now cause you didn't like me reminding you how you lost your sh!t at a manager coming 2nd, but happy to make excuses for a manager scrambling a goal to lift us off the bottom :lol:
Yes everybody was pissed to have not won the league that year. Were you celebrating collapsing and chasing home Leicester? Of course you were. And let me remind you for the umpteenth time that it was 5th and 6th places in succession that were Wenger's last two league performances with a team decorated with some world class players. Stop warping history ffs. Everybody remembers :cool:

IstraBalagina

That's not necessarily true - our away form for about 2-3 season when we had Ramsey-Özil-Sanchez firing for us was close to the best in the league. Wenger had many teams which had seasons where our away form was stellar.
I was talking about the last 2 seasons with Wenger

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes everybody was pissed to have not won the league that year. Were you celebrating collapsing to second to Leicester? Of course you were. And let me remind you for the umpteenth time that it was 5th and 6th places in succession that were Wenger's last two league performances with a team decorated with some world class players. Stop warping history ffs. Everybody remembers :cool:
Yes, happy at coming 2nd, but not best pleased at being 8th twice and now propping up the table. I see you're struggling to understand that in your inverted world. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who's making excuses for Arteta as well? Nobody. He's ****ing shyte, but he's also the guy you were pulling one off to at the thought of him managing us. 'Wenger 2.0' you were calling him :lol:

What Im guilty of on this c0ck bin of a board is trying to see a way we can get points and climb the table, because that's more important to me than seeing a manager sacked at the moment. You rarely get both but if I had to pick what I want to see most, unlike you, I'd like to see my club win football matches.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What Im guilty of on this c0ck bin of a board is trying to see a way we can get points and climb the table, because that's more important to me than seeing a manager sacked at the moment. You rarely get both but if I had to pick what I want to see most, unlike you, I'd like to see my club win football matches.

We moved up 4 places today, tbf...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We moved up 4 places today, tbf...
People dont want that. You saw the mood when we scored today. People logged off or started bickering. And you had people downplaying the fact we were winning because we weren't 6 goals up.

Riou

You saw the mood when we scored today.

I was angry too, tbh.

Thought for sure on the first replay that it was offside and wouldn't be given, so went for an angry piss.

When I came out of the bathroom and saw the goal stood, I was beyond shocked...didn't even get a chance to properly celebrate it, ffs :lol:

sdotzdot

Established Member
that was a much better performance than anything we have seen in months (in a game where it actually mattered). People being way too harsh.

Absolutely horrendous finishing but that’s been us since RVP left apart from the 1.5 seasons where Auba was elite and scoring every chance.

Melquiades

At the risk of an unpopular opinion, I ... didn't hate that performance? The last 20 minutes of the first half was absolutely dire, but the rest wasn't bad. Team started brightly for the first 20 minutes and looked good, and then the 2nd half performance was vastly improved and the team could have scored 2 or 3 goals.

Like, this was a really young squad dressed for this game and half the players were either making their Arsenal debut or playing their first game in ages. It isn't going to be a cohesive, dominant performance instantly and supporters setting this up as 'anything other than 5-0 is a failure!' aren't being very realistic. There are some things that need to be changed for Burnley and they need to be better against Burnley but this overall game had I think more good things than bad. And it definitely got better in the 2nd half.

- biggest problem was the AMN-Sambi pairing in midfield. They were both very poor. AMN seems to get better in the minds of supporters when he doesn't play for Arsenal for a few months and then he comes back and ... it's the same loose, lazy, sloppy player all over again. Must have turned the ball over 10 times in this game. I don't see a lot of direction or intelligence in Sambi's play - just seems to be out there chasing the play. The terrible stretch at the end of the first half was mostly because these two just couldn't win or hold the ball and kept turning it over. The game instantly turned when both were removed from their MF roles and replaced with ESR and Thomas.

- Ramsdale didn't have to face a lot of (any?) tough chances but he looks so much more confident (and confidence-inspiring) in his distribution and with the ball at his feet than Leno. Early returns look good here.

- great debut for Tomiyasu. Didn't put a foot wrong and looked dangerous going forward. As someone noted earlier in the thread, he also looks well-built to handle the physicality of the PL.

- CB pairing was very solid. Gabriel had a terrific game. White had one or two issues on crosses and I'm still not sold he isn't better served at RB or DM, but he distributed the ball well and this was much better than his debut.

- Ødegaard worked hard and played a couple nice balls but wasn't as dynamic as we'd like to see. Saka looks tired. ESR probably should have started over him.

- Auba was pretty awful aside from jumbling in that goal. That long-range effort early on was very poor in the sort of break that used to be an automatic goal. I like what Laca brings better right now and how he fits in with the younger players and the chemistry he has with Saka and ESR.

- Pepe was the classic Pepe mixed bag. Really bright early winning a pile of corners. Then drifted out of the game and had some awful touches. Then was better late and ended up creating the goal and should have scored another one if not for a wonder block from a Norwich defender. But again, I think more good than bad there.

- nice to see Partey in and looking strong and making a decisive pass to create the goal. If he's in top form it moves this whole team up a level.

Again, need to be a lot better in the upcoming fixtures. But this was a big improvement on the City disaster and in particular the keeper/back 4 looking solid and keeping a clean sheet with few chances of any note allowed is excellent, given how little they've played together.

Riou

Think the team just needed a win, performance aside.

The players are people, they were probably feeling super nervous after our poor start to the league...as long as we start picking up points and performances gradually improve, I will happily take the 3 points today.

Sometimes a scrappy 1-0 win is all you need to get going.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We created next to nothing before their poor team had to let go of their defensive discipline after 60 minutes. 30 shots? Sure but only 7 on target. This was nothing to get excited about except the win.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Who's making excuses for Arteta as well? Nobody. He's ****ing shyte, but he's also the guy you were pulling one off to at the thought of him managing us. 'Wenger 2.0' you were calling him :lol:

People are frustrated that this fraud is still employed.
Any win is just a false Dawn and the reality is that the longer he stays , the more likely this season is a write off and that some of our promising players (Saliba) won’t be coming back to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom