• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I don't think I am. I'm a real fan of his and have said on multiple times that last season he was our best defender. And he is a better defensively than Torres.

What I'm getting at is that you can make a case for a more ball playing CB (especially if you're Arteta) and Torres is very good with the ball at his feet. He's also a threat on set pieces and have about the same xG as Gabriel (0.01 difference) and with two goals to his name so far.

If you're looking from Villas perspective I don't think there's enough between them to warrant choosing Gabriel over Torres. Of course subjectivity plays a part here. But that goes for Jesus vs Watkins or Zinny vs Digne as well. Hence why I put it from the perspectives of both sides.

Fair point.

Additionally, I'd take anyone over Zinchenko. I like Watkins but I'd be wary of binning Jesus for him because Jesus, for his profligacy in front of goal, has been as transformative a signing for us as Rice has.

The hope is that he can become more prolific as time goes on.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Honestly I'll be more confident if Ramsdale start this one. He kept us in it last season until we eventually won the game

I've absolutely no doubt Raya hasn't a chance in hell of making that save where he palmed Bailey's belter on to the crossbar.

Nor would he make that last-ditch save moments after Bournemouth took a surprise lead at the Emirates that would've made it 0-2 and given us a proper mountain to climb.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

That is like the kiss of death, they are certainly not a small club.

Too right!! I'd never call a club that has the one thing we desperately crave as being "small".

People really need to stop with this nonsense & realize football started before 1992.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wooow so much arrogance in those posts! So they suddenly think they're better than us because they're on a good run? Have they not learnt anything from Sp**s
? There's only one or two arrogant posts, certainly no more arrogant than here, plus a few pops at Saka and AFTV. They are on a home win streak not seen for 92 years - of course they will be extremely confident :lol:

Let's not forget we were in a "relegation dogfight" ourselves only two seasons ago, now opposition forums are making it sound like Real Madrid are coming to town.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Villa will be looking to pull our shape out, with their wide triangles, or what looks like wide diamonds even.

I think its important that we dont get dragged too much with man to man pressing, which is what I saw City do a bit. We need to continue to cover spaces with our zonal marking system, and keep them pegged back that way. Our OOP structure is one of the best in the PL and that will be an important weapon come Saturday.

I think Zinchenko would be ok to play here. I say so because our in possession shape has Rice dropping in between Gabriel and Saliba, with Zinny playing ahead of him next to a dropped in Ødegaard, that gives us the 3-2 build up we are used to, with White having more license to push up and combine with Saka and a third player out wide (Jesus/Havertz).

This is a game where we need patience and security in possession. If we do this as a way to create the openings we need, we'll win this game.

The other area of concern for me will be at the set piece, particularly corners. I think teams are targeting Raya more.

FFS!! Had to do a doubletake to make sure I didn't open a window to my kids IXL online courses :lol:

That's just smart thinking. If the opposition team is fielding a Garden Gnome in goal, you target the hell out of him until something gives!!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
FFS!! Had to do a doubletake to make sure I didn't open a window to my kids IXL online courses :lol:

That's just smart thinking. If the opposition team is fielding a Garden Gnome in goal, you target the hell out of him until something gives!!

Well I am known for unearthing fantastic insights you know :lol:

myoldarsenal

They're getting more cocky and deluded as we get closer to the game:

If you were picking a combined 11 then I think Villa players fill around half that team. We also have a better manager. You then factor in that we are at home where we are on an unbelievable run and the fact the atmosphere will be unreal then I can't see anything other than a win for us. 3-1 to Villa.

This forum doesn't remember them during MON's days, when we were top 4 battlers and one or two season they did well, they were so deluded on VillaTalk during those years its unreal.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Villa are a quality side under Emery and have a good squad as well. I guess when looking at what club has the better player at each position it comes down to who the manager is as well. Looking at it from an Arsenal perspective I think it'd probably be Emi in goal, McGinn (or maybe Luiz) at LCM and potentially Watkins at CF. I rate Gabriel highly but Pau Torres is a better ball playing LCB and so I don't think it's as cut and dry as made out to be.

Looking from Villas perspective I don't think they take Zinchenko over Digne, Jesus over Watkins or Gabriel over Torres. I'm honestly not sure on RB either. Øde, Saka, Nelli, Rice and Saliba are the only ones that would definitely take a spot.

They probably completely emptied their tank vs City, but they will have some rotation. Expect Cash, Diaby and potentially Ramsey to come in and start this.

Blazing home form, a fired up Villa Park and a country (incl PGMOL??) rooting for them. This is no way an easy fixture. I still think this game comes too soon after City and our extra day of rest will prove decisive. This is one game I actually want us to be boring and try to control and contain them. 1-2
Kamara has also been lowkey impressive for them. Great engine and defensive work, but also surprisingly good technically.

LuanNguyen

Still remember the day December 14, 1935 saw us win 7_1 against Aston villa with 7 goals all scored by Ted Drake. Unforgettable.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Can't seem to be able to quote posts for some reason wtf

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
In Airpod Albert we trust. Will be great to see civility on the touchline. That's all I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom