• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

Henry boi

O
? There's only one or two arrogant posts, certainly no more arrogant than here, plus a few pops at Saka and AFTV. They are on a home win streak not seen for 92 years - of course they will be extremely confident :lol:

Let's not forget we were in a "relegation dogfight" ourselves only two seasons ago, now opposition forums are making it sound like Real Madrid are coming to town.

Nonsense, opposition forums are showing the respect that should be shown to the top 3 club in the country history and one of the biggest in the world, the blip we had three years ago changes nothing, we weren't in a relegation battle cmon lol
? There's only one or two arrogant posts, certainly no more arrogant than here, plus a few pops at Saka and AFTV. They are on a home win streak not seen for 92 years - of course they will be extremely confident :lol:

Let's not forget we were in a "relegation dogfight" ourselves only two seasons ago, now opposition forums are making it sound like Real Madrid are coming to town.

N

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
So will Arteta be in the stands then? Can't imagine him up there. He'll have to sit on his hands or something.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thought the game tomorrow.

Ah well games coming quickly. Villa had only 2 day rest I'd be surprised if they go high press for 90 minutes expecting they start very quick to try score and then counter so we should try to survive first 15-20 min

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Win here would be the best result of the season so far IMO. Villa have been unreal at home, they utterly dominated City and played us off the park as well.

Could see this ending in a fairly high scoring draw, which I think would be a good result.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Kamara has also been lowkey impressive for them. Great engine and defensive work, but also surprisingly good technically.
Agree. There are some old posts by me wanting him as he was a free agent when he left Marseille (I think) for Villa. But not a discussion between him and Rice though

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Fair point.

Additionally, I'd take anyone over Zinchenko. I like Watkins but I'd be wary of binning Jesus for him because Jesus, for his profligacy in front of goal, has been as transformative a signing for us as Rice has.

The hope is that he can become more prolific as time goes on.
This is why out of Toney and Watkins I would take Toney. I think he would at least be able to play with Jesus, as he’s more a static (but still technical) centre forward who will hold his position.

Watkins positionally is quite similar to Jesus. He’s a mobile striker who likes to drift out to other areas, particularly the left side. With Toney we get a diff dimension and the opportunity to play both sometimes.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Really hope the boys put in a proper performance here. And I must say of all the teams we have to battle it out with, there is nothing really to dislike about Villa as a club/ potential long term rival. Maybe it’s the Emery effect I dunno

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We need 6 points minimum from our next 3 games.. draws are the killer we need to win 2/3. How are there so many average sides in this league but it’s so bloody hard to win😂

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Will be interesting to see what Unai has in mind. In tough games he has often played a full-back on the wing, so Cash on the wing maybe. Or he could go all out attack with Cash and Diaby on the right, which would kill us since Zinny can't defend - even though Martinelli does a lot of defensive work.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think draw is the most likely result here. I don't think it can be ignored their good form and it being at Villa Park which should be rocking. They're riding a wave and will be seriously fired up for this, also Emery is likely to come up with a setup that'll stifle us greatly too. Also this isn't the game for passengers, need big performances from Havertz, while we could do without Zinchenko making sloppy mistakes and White needs to be on it. Obviously there's the keeper issue as well.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

They are the best home team in the league right now but we are the best away team.

Will be a great test for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom