• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Says alot that despite their hot shiit form the bookies still have us favorites to win the game. You want to win a title then this is how you make the point by getting a win in a tough place.

I'm still very pissed we lost to Oilcastle

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Firstly, Villa will be extra motivated by that last minute capitulation aginst us last time they were at home. That off the back of the head Martinez goal was a humiliating way to lose. They wont have forgotten it.

Secondly emery always comes up with a good plan for us. Cant think of any times we have been comfortable playing against an emery side.

Thirdly, we got a jammy win in the last game, often feels a poor result is around the corner after a jammy win.

Only thing going for us is the plaudits they are receiving and if they start to believe their own hype. Also do they have the ability to back up such a dominant performance?

Nothing about our win vs Luton was jammy. We smashed them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Massive games this, if we can win and out in a good performance then that's a massive mental shift in our favour.

Won all their home league games so far, if we can end that after they just beat City... don't want to get ahead of myself too much, but Christ title races are just the best!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In our last title winning season in 2004, Villa were again flying high and unexpectedly battling for Champions League qualification...very similar to this year don't ya think?

We won at Villa Park pretty much from a moment of extreme intelligence from Thierry's quick free kick that day, if we can find that little boy of quality here then could this finally be the year our title drought ends 🙏

GoonerBoy19

We only have problems when we tend to underrate teams, we didn't expect Luton to give us a tough game also Lens away was a similar performance where we thought we will cruise easily.

We need to win every ball if ambition is winning league and CL. Whenever we have done that we have got results. Bring it on whether it's Villa or Pool.

Haphazard

Obviously want to win but even a draw here would be great, they are in red hot form and are playing brilliantly.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Obviously want to win but even a draw here would be great, they are in red hot form and are playing brilliantly.

Why is everyone pointing out they're in form - we're top of the league and with 4 wins in a row :lol: we're THE form team in the league.

Last edited:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Says alot that despite their hot shiit form the bookies still have us favorites to win the game. You want to win a title then this is how you make the point by getting a win in a tough place.

I'm still very pissed we lost to Oilcastle

Our only loss this season and it wasn't even legitimate - its all good tho, they just got bantered off by Everton.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Villa will be looking to pull our shape out, with their wide triangles, or what looks like wide diamonds even.

I think its important that we dont get dragged too much with man to man pressing, which is what I saw City do a bit. We need to continue to cover spaces with our zonal marking system, and keep them pegged back that way. Our OOP structure is one of the best in the PL and that will be an important weapon come Saturday.

I think Zinchenko would be ok to play here. I say so because our in possession shape has Rice dropping in between Gabriel and Saliba, with Zinny playing ahead of him next to a dropped in Ødegaard, that gives us the 3-2 build up we are used to, with White having more license to push up and combine with Saka and a third player out wide (Jesus/Havertz).

This is a game where we need patience and security in possession. If we do this as a way to create the openings we need, we'll win this game.

The other area of concern for me will be at the set piece, particularly corners. I think teams are targeting Raya more.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

14 wins in a row at home is pretty good form tbf.

14 home league games*.

They lost to Everton in the 3rd round of the cup at home 2-1.

This is a really dangerous one because they have the ability to score 5 or 6 against anyone at home.

As long as we keep a clean sheet we’ll get chances, just need to take one.

The goal is to keep clean sheets at these places before anything else.

We are going there with everyone thinking Villa will wipe the floor with us btw, due to their performance at city. I’m really glad we are playing them after city and not the other way round

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
are they in "red hot" form? didn't they draw to Bournemouth prior to the City game?
I have said this a few times. Villa are bang average away from home. Any good side could trash them...like Newcastle and Liverpool did. At home they are almost unbreakable. Their last league defeat at home was inflicted by us....10 months ago, don't think they even drew a single game since.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m surprised how nervous some of you are. I expect a straightforward win. Arteta will have a plan.

Straightforward lol I think some of you lot are getting too ahead of yourselves. It’ll be a tricky test imo.

As good as we’ve supposedly been, there will only be a point separating us and Villa if they manage to beat us. Still think we’ll win but let’s not get it twisted, they’re a decent side with dangerous players that can hurt us. Credit where it’s due to Emery for getting the best out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom