• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Better on the ball. Equal in the air.
What? That is not what you said. You said we are better than Villa all over the pitch. Watkins has been a better striker as well. We are better than them except in two very crucial areas that can easily turn a match which they are superior. Last time i checked the two penalty boxes are part of the pitch

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What? That is not what you said. You said we are better than Villa all over the pitch. Watkins has been a better striker as well. We are better than them except in two very crucial areas that can easily turn a match which they are superior. Last time i checked the two penalty boxes are part of the pitch

We are better all over the pitch, including goalkeeper.

Legend14

Established Member
Other than keeper and possibly 8, there is no AV player that gets into our starting 11. Why are so many selling us short? I hope our players don’t have this mentality.

Since when has AV away equated to Liverpool or City away?

That City match was the worst I've seen City play. They had two CBs driving the midfield and zero creativity.

NZgunner

So much of top level sport comes down to self-belief, and at this point in the season Villa definitely have that.

We do also but Villa being at home gives them the edge.

Having said that I don't buy into the thing about Emi being super-motivated and ready to make a point. In fact I would go as far to say that if he really is thinking about this game any differently than he has about others then this will count against him. As a defender you want your keeper to be calm, steady and predictable. Someone trying to make a point, like trying to claim crosses that they usually don't, is more likely to make mistakes - just look at the current mental state of our two keepers.

(NB it's only just occurred to me that calling Raya and Ramsdale "keepers" is pretty ironic given the other meaning of the word and what we should really be doing with them)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Other than keeper and possibly 8, there is no AV player that gets into our starting 11. Why are so many selling us short? I hope our players don’t have this mentality.

Since when has AV away equated to Liverpool or City away?

That City match was the worst I've seen City play. They had two CBs driving the midfield and zero creativity.

Diaby and Watkins could get games here easily tbf.

Arteta would defo f*ck with Pau Torres too. I don’t expect them to be a struggle or turn us over though.

Dennis10

No use in weighing player vs player or what positions we are stronger at. I saw the game against City, and the way they countered Guardiola's tedious but effective tactics was awesome. This will probably be a painful game to watch, but we obviously have good chances.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think trying to wear down or suffocate this Villa team is fruitless. They have bundles of belief and no small amount of ability.

You just need to be brave and score more than they do. Fortunately it seems Arteta has favoured this approach recently anyway.

1-3 to the Arsenal.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They will come as us then we will go at them, i have a bad feeling its gonna be like Chelsea game. FS!!

coleio

Diaby and Watkins could get games here easily tbf.

Arteta would defo f*ck with Pau Torres too. I don’t expect them to be a struggle or turn us over though.

That's not what he said though, he said first 11.

Diaby over Saka? No.
Watkins of Jesus? No.
Pau Torress over Saliba or Gabriel? No.

Tom Mix

I can't believe we've f.cked the GK situation so badly. Martinez used to be ours, FFS. Please don't let the result come down to goalkeeping 😭
I bet Martinez will be so up for this after what happened last season
Totally. We have a dilemna in the goalkeeping position and yet we've let go in recent years:

Szczesny - still no. 1 at Juventus
Martinez - World Cup winner and Golden Glove
Leno - still doing a decent job at Fulham

Not to mention Matt Macey.

"Someone had blundered"

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That's not what he said though, he said first 11.

Diaby over Saka? No.
Watkins of Jesus? No.
Pau Torress over Saliba or Gabriel? No.

You clearly don’t watch them.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m looking forward to this one, it should be engaging no matter how it goes down. All 4 Arsenal goals were great to watch here last time and Ødegaard missed perhaps his easiest chance ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom