• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big 6 pointer in the title race, but these lot are ****e - 3 goals conceded at Luton, lucky to get a win, couldn't handle set pieces.

We will dismantle them so bad Saka will go home crying to his mommy.
Lets get real....They are far from ****e.....and will be another stern test for us.
I hate Saka, get within five yards of him and he goes down squealing like something out of Deliverance.
Yeah, his behaviour at Villa Park last season was awful...total spoilt baby.

I hope Emery gets the Villa players fired up for this one.
Would you bet against us?

I've no doubt we can beat Arsenal as well, but my concern is twofold- they are currently better than Man City and our players just completely emptied the tank tonight. Can we apply ourselves just as intensely 3 days from now?

There's going to be some changes to the starting 11, surely.

I'm guessing Diaby for Bailey, Moreno for Digne, Cash back in at RB and Konsa sits.
Gonna be hard to match yesterday's physical effort so soon after, perhaps we need Ramsey and Moreno in for this one simply to freshen us up - or not - whatever Don Unai decides will be correct.
I feel like we are going to be a little drained for the Arsenal game. We gave every ounce of blood and sweat in the Man City game, it's very very difficult to do that 2 games in a row.
Agree. But they also had a pretty draining game and we have fresh legs to change things up if Unai sees fit. I fancy we'll see a different approach vs Arsenal - they have proper midfielders so we won't have quite the run of the game there. Can't help but be confident that we can get another result here.
It will be tougher than man city. They are on a good run but their goalkeeping situation isn't good. As Jesus us a different type of center forward I wonder whether Konsa will move back into the center of defence.

Cant afford to get carried away by the performance and result against Man City. We have to produce the sand level of performance against Arsenal. Im sure Emery will keep their feet firmly on the ground.
As good as we were against City, some of the limited availability mean that Pep started 4 CB's and 2 FB's - and two wingers who aren't that fast.

No matter how well coached they are, those skills don't match for beating our press.

Arsenal are a different beast and are relatively healthy.

But their keeper is **** so we really have to keep hitting shots.
Far harder game than last night. I doubt Lego Pep will tinker with his midfield like bald pep did. Rice and Ødegaard will try to control the game and play in their rapid attackers . Will need some real steel again to swarm over them. Looking forward to it though.
I'm already in fear of the high line we will play.

The difference between City and Arsenal is that Arsenal will have plenty of passers (Ødegaard, Rice, Saliba, Zenchenko) to hit their runners in behind whereas City was trying to use Akanji and Stones with no runners except for Haaland in behind.
After what we done to City last night, there's no reason we can't give it a very good go again. Will we be able to pull off a performance to the standards of that again just 3 days later? I'm not so sure personally. This will be a far tougher test than City, which is a bit mad to say. Being at home though we can go toe to toe with anyone, should be a great game.
We'll score I'm sure of it. Arteta must be seriously tempted to stick Ramsdale back in as Raya was at fault for two of the goals they conceded at Luton.

As said above they'll be much harder to defend against than Man. City as Ødegaard is a wonderful technician with the ball and they'll have far more threat out wide and Saka and Martinelli will actually stay out wide as opposed to cutting inside as Man. City constantly did.

I think we'll be unchanged unless anyone is fatigued or carrying a knock. Bailey was brilliant so easy to keep him in and Tielemans pressed very well and then used the ball intelligently and slotted some nice ones through for the forwards, we'll need all that on Saturday. Konsa v Martinelli makes sense aswell.
Ødegaard-Saka-Martinelli is a handful. They worry me more than Haaland-Alvarez-Foden.
We are in the title race until we’re out of it. Beat Arsenal on Saturday and it will continue the momentum, and momentum is massive in football.

However, there’s still 60% of the season left and so much can change. We might get better? We might lose a few games in a row. It’s way too early to make any kind of judgement on how we’ll finish. Tomorrow’s game with Arsenal won’t decide our season.
I'd love to stuff it up these weird, fam/blud squealing, AFTV hype-man, entire club-shop replica wearing chuffbucket freaks more than I can describe. With that prat who was trying to wind Villa fans up after they beat us 4-2 at VP last season
We need to be realistic about what we can achieve this season, win the conference league and finish fourth. Anyone sensible would bite your hand off for that. Title talk is laughable.
I'll bring realistic.

We are in the title race with Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Will we win it, probably not, but as things are, we are in the race.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I was left in shock and awe of that City perfomance so i have probably exaggerated Villas favouritism in this game.

Looking back, they have defintiely not been that same side every game this season, they have won quite a few games where they have just executed efficiently.

Our best chance to beat Villa is to exploit the high line and offside trap. For instance, Sp**s could have scored 3 or so goals exploiting that high line. I think we have 3 very good options to make those runs behind the line. The fact you cant just focus on the 1 man will make it challenging for Villa defence.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
In 8 and half hours i watch Liverpool at 4:30 am. Then probably the Mancs at 700am. Followed by the mighty and famous Arsenal at 9:30 am. Put in my 60 hour work week, having a Bourbon and a toke Friday night going to will myself to victory. Quick nap after all that for my Lakers in the Nba Cup final at 530pm Pacific

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Aston Villa are a top team now, along with ourselves and City are the best performing teams of 2023. At home, they have the best record in the league surely. And they are playing for a record setting 15th straight home win.

That said, I think we have the quality and versatility to give Villa many problems. We not only play a technical game, but we can also get physical if we need to and turn it into a scrap, and behave as set piece FC as well. This, and our ability to combine so much in attack (look at Jesus and Havertz now for example), makes us a very, very difficult proposition to play against.

Our problems are actually the self inflicted ones. Our errors leading to goals, including this "new" issue we have at the set piece, where teams are targeting Raya in the six yard box, are the main issues for us now. If we can cut down those mistakes to an absolute minimum per game, we'll win. Heck, I think the solution to the corner issue would be to rotate Raya out and bring Ramsdale in actually.

Villa can beat us of course, they are excellent at home. But we are excellent as well unfortunately.

Prediction? Aston Villa 1-3 Arsenal.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Can management staff get sent to Marseille?

I'm certain Stuivenberg is contemplating bringing Rambo back in for the calamitous Raya but doesn't want to chance waking up on the shores of the Mediterranean the next day.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Arsenal are quite a bit better than City atm the moment, so I don’t think Villa keeping City quiet is reason to fear them.

Emery will fold tbh, or Villa get a red card or something I dunno.

Pity Mings is out, otherwise I would've tipped him for the random red.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Villa are a quality side under Emery and have a good squad as well. I guess when looking at what club has the better player at each position it comes down to who the manager is as well. Looking at it from an Arsenal perspective I think it'd probably be Emi in goal, McGinn (or maybe Luiz) at LCM and potentially Watkins at CF. I rate Gabriel highly but Pau Torres is a better ball playing LCB and so I don't think it's as cut and dry as made out to be.

Looking from Villas perspective I don't think they take Zinchenko over Digne, Jesus over Watkins or Gabriel over Torres. I'm honestly not sure on RB either. Øde, Saka, Nelli, Rice and Saliba are the only ones that would definitely take a spot.

They probably completely emptied their tank vs City, but they will have some rotation. Expect Cash, Diaby and potentially Ramsey to come in and start this.

Blazing home form, a fired up Villa Park and a country (incl PGMOL??) rooting for them. This is no way an easy fixture. I still think this game comes too soon after City and our extra day of rest will prove decisive. This is one game I actually want us to be boring and try to control and contain them. 1-2

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Villa are a quality side under Emery and have a good squad as well. I guess when looking at what club has the better player at each position it comes down to who the manager is as well. Looking at it from an Arsenal perspective I think it'd probably be Emi in goal, McGinn (or maybe Luiz) at LCM and potentially Watkins at CF. I rate Gabriel highly but Pau Torres is a better ball playing LCB and so I don't think it's as cut and dry as made out to be.

Looking from Villas perspective I don't think they take Zinchenko over Digne, Jesus over Watkins or Gabriel over Torres. I'm honestly not sure on RB either. Øde, Saka, Nelli, Rice and Saliba are the only ones that would definitely take a spot.

They probably completely emptied their tank vs City, but they will have some rotation. Expect Cash, Diaby and potentially Ramsey to come in and start this.

Blazing home form, a fired up Villa Park and a country (incl PGMOL??) rooting for them. This is no way an easy fixture. I still think this game comes too soon after City and our extra day of rest will prove decisive. This is one game I actually want us to be boring and try to control and contain them. 1-2

You're doing Magalhaes a great disservice. Torres is good but an absolute waif. In no way can be dominant against PL CFs the way his counterpart for us can.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

You're doing Magalhaes a great disservice. Torres is good but an absolute waif. In no way can be dominant against PL CFs the way his counterpart for us can.
I don't think I am. I'm a real fan of his and have said on multiple times that last season he was our best defender. And he is a better defensively than Torres.

What I'm getting at is that you can make a case for a more ball playing CB (especially if you're Arteta) and Torres is very good with the ball at his feet. He's also a threat on set pieces and have about the same xG as Gabriel (0.01 difference) and with two goals to his name so far.

If you're looking from Villas perspective I don't think there's enough between them to warrant choosing Gabriel over Torres. Of course subjectivity plays a part here. But that goes for Jesus vs Watkins or Zinny vs Digne as well. Hence why I put it from the perspectives of both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom