• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Brighton & Hove Albion 2 - 4 Arsenal | Saturday 31st, December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Brighton-Vs-Arsenal.jpg

Must win game.

Let's be honest, they're a far better side than West Ham. Tactically, they're one of the best team in league. They contract the space on pitch and force you to play on their terms and look to impose their game on you. But we're a much different team to the side that lost to them at the tail end of last season tbf.

Screenshot-20221227-004230.png

Screenshot-20221227-004257.png

Screenshot-20221227-004310.png

Screenshot-20221227-004347.png

139324ec-fdce-46d3-b61f-57257b608ba9.png

Prediction

Brighton 0-1 Arsenal

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I feel we have the beating of Newcastle, they are boxing above their weight.

Could be. Im glad we can go in with no pressure. We’ll keep the lead no matter how we do against them. The most important thing for potentially winning the league is consistency against lower league sides. Wenger often mentioned this, but didn’t achieve it in his latter end of his career. Imo this has been Arteta’s biggest achievement.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Top four was in the bag already. The title is now really on. We won at another bogey ground, next up we beat Newcastle at home and get to watch Chelsea take on City.

Ffs it's happening guys. Get your seat belts fastened.

Steadman

This will be an incredibly tough and physical game for us. We definitely need to keep cool under pressure and control the ball how we usually do at the Emirates. Saliba and Saka especially need to be wary of this with the possibility of a suspension looming for the NLD.

Newcastle have kept 8 clean sheets in their last 10 competitive games. The 2 games they conceded in ended up being Newcastle wins as well.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this game though as the Emirates has been a fortress this season.

Mohamed7

City's next 6 games

Chelsea (a)
United (a)
Sp**s (h)
Wolves (h)
Sp**s (a)
Villa (h)

If they get 18/18 from those 6 games.. well fair play to them, that's a serious achievement

Arsenal's next 5

Newcastle (h)
Sp**s (a)
United (h)
Everton (a)
Brentford (h)

We have to win all our home games.. we just have to

Then a win or two draws away to Spuds/Everton

Would mean we'd take on City, at home, at worst.. level on points

We all know predicting the future is a mugs game.. but given those runs of games.. and for some reason, City have an extra game thrown in before they play Arsenal.. along with an extra league cup game at Chelsea..

And there's every chance Arsenal could still have a 5-7 point gap.. possibly even more, before City arrive at the Emirates
When you add the cup matches, the outlook significantly changes. City has the LC and a tough FA Cup fixture whilst we have Oxford.

Nevertheless, both Sp**s and Chelsea look quite poor and I don’t expect City to drop points unless circumstances change (injuries to key players like KDB & The Freak, opposing managers departing giving “new manager boost”, etc…). That being said, I didn’t at all expect them to not win against Brentford and Everton specially at the Etihad. Their defense without Dias and Laporte is all over the place.

Needless to say, all we can do is keep the focus on US. Get out of January and early February with at least 7 points ahead. From mid-Feb till end March, fixtures look favorable. April is hell so need to keep the cushion as big as possible.

I think very few people understand the fantastic opportunity we have on our hands. And, we may never have this again given United’s development with ETH, Klopp and Pep signing extensions, NUFC building with unlimited funds, etc… Get the critical January signings. Quality DM to compete with TP5 and a wide player are must.

On top of that, ditch the EL in March if we are still top by then. I would love a European trophy but a genuine shot at the league far precedes it.

Mohamed7

Yes but I would not have subbed both fullbacks at the same time. Could have brought in Tierney for Zinchenko and Viera for Saka. But for my liking he's still not using his subs enough with so many games. But on the other he's winning all the games :lol:
Perhaps, the three limited intervals for substitution despite the five players change rule affected his decision.

In any case, our game quality drops significantly as soon as we make subs because most of the bench players aren’t replica changes. Tierney for Zini, Tommy for White, Vieira for M11/S7 are perfect examples. Although they are very good options, they just don’t have the necessary skills to play our tactical roles.

Regardless, it is really funny/weird people are complaining even when Arteta makes early changes. It seems you just can’t win with some AM fans. Read the pages on this thread prior the subs and the ones after the changes. 😅

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
When you add the cup matches, the outlook significantly changes. City has the LC and a tough FA Cup fixture whilst we have Oxford.

Nevertheless, both Sp**s and Chelsea look quite poor and I don’t expect City to drop points unless circumstances change (injuries to key players like KDB & The Freak, opposing managers departing giving “new manager boost”, etc…). That being said, I didn’t at all expect them to not win against Brentford and Everton specially at the Etihad. Their defense without Dias and Laporte is all over the place.

Needless to say, all we can do is keep the focus on US. Get out of January and early February with at least 7 points ahead. From mid-Feb till end March, fixtures look favorable. April is hell so need to keep the cushion as big as possible.

I think very few people understand the fantastic opportunity we have on our hands. And, we may never have this again given United’s development with ETH, Klopp and Pep signing extensions, NUFC building with unlimited funds, etc… Get the critical January signings. Quality DM to compete with TP5 and a wide player are must.

On top of that, ditch the EL in March if we are still top by then. I would love a European trophy but a genuine shot at the league far precedes it.

Just stop it. It's only just January & you're looking as far ahead as April & panicking about what other clubs might do in future. Just take it a game at a time. Like the manager & players are. Yes other teams might turnaround their fortunes, but so have we & will continue to do so.

I think all Arsenal fans can see what's happening & if we keep up our good form something might happen, but we're only 16 games in. Not even half way!

Just. Let. Things. Happen.

No point looking to far into the future or worrying about other teams. Just live in the moment & enjoy it man.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just stop it. It's only just January & you're looking as far ahead as April & panicking about what other clubs might do in future. Just take it a game at a time. Like the manager & players are. Yes other teams might turnaround their fortunes, but so have we & will continue to do so.

I think all Arsenal fans can see what's happening & if we keep up our good form something might happen, but we're only 16 games in. Not even half way!

No point looking to far into the future or worrying about other teams. Just live in the moment & enjoy it man.

Tbf I don't think he's coming across as panicking?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Interesting analysis from EBL here. In a nutshell speaking about how taking the early lead made us passive and more defensive in looking to protect our advantage, conceding more possession.

It comes back to that famous Pep clip. You do everything, even defend, with the ball.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Interesting analysis from EBL here. In a nutshell speaking about how taking the early lead made us passive and more defensive in looking to protect our advantage, conceding more possession.

It comes back to that famous Pep clip. You do everything, even defend, with the ball.
That’s why he will constantly fall short in the CL against elite counter attacking teams.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That’s why he will constantly fall short in the CL against elite counter attacking teams.

Well, I would wager that he severely diminishes his chances by wanting to control the ball all the time. He did it with Barca and they ruled the world for multiple seasons because of that.

There is space for sitting deep and controlling space instead of the ball. But with elite ball players becoming more and more everyday, its become a lesser reliable strategy for longer periods IMO.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well, I would wager that he severely diminishes his chances by wanting to control the ball all the time. He did it with Barca and they ruled the world for multiple seasons because of that.

There is space for sitting deep and controlling space instead of the ball. But with elite ball players becoming more and more everyday, its become a lesser reliable strategy for longer periods IMO.
Agree fully.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Shows how well coached brighton are. They lost nothing going from potter to de zerbi. Well run club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Playing a more controlled game means these players won't naturally keep playing the game we want. It's largely been this way under Arteta. We need a bit more of the total possession we had under Wenger and a trusted clinical striker might be the thing that makes us press on in this regard as we'll have the expectation of a "goal on demand" and not be so hung up on being at our most vulnerable after scoring. It's not in our DNA to be passive even under defensive Graham

Mohamed7

Haha

If I had known it would take more than 19 years for our next title, I would have enjoyed a lot more back in 2004.

It has been so dammmnnnn long. Lord be with us on this. We deserve it after what happened in 08 and 16.

One match at a time. 🥶

Top Bottom