• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Everton 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 4th, February | KO: 12:30 GMT| BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

This should be relatively straightforward, the new manager bounce not withstanding.

Screenshot-20230128-152222.png

Screenshot-20230128-152237.png

Screenshot-20230128-152251.png

Screenshot-20230128-152321.png

The starting xi picks itself, unless Partey is not fit enough to start and Lokonga takes his place.

8f9bf26f-4004-49f7-9de4-c9ccf7ca79ae.png

ArsenalLunatic

I don’t know if this was our worst game last year but it bothered me like no other. Ugly ugly game and that lizard (who went to Tots) scoring still haunts me. Is this the game where Tomi got a foot to the face? No red, no yellow?
4-1 COYG !!

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
I don’t know if this was our worst game last year but it bothered me like no other. Ugly ugly game and that lizard (who went to Tots) scoring still haunts me. Is this the game where Tomi got a foot to the face? No red, no yellow?
4-1 COYG !!
Yep that's the one, appalling decision as to how he wasn't sent off for this (or carded for that matter).

1_Godfrey-stamp.jpg

Afraid we're gonna see some similar antics in this game with Dyche at the helm, hoping for no injuries.
Let's wipe the floor clean with them and help them on their way to relegation.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I have an exam starting in in about an hour, going to miss 15 min of the game. Really sucks, not missed a minute of PL football in years. Hopefully we have an early lead when I'm done. Wish me luck, and let's ****ing go and win this one.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Should have stayed with us, it all went to hell afterwards. You don't know what you have got till its gone.
Was an amazing player but he had started to decline near the end for us. We got rid at right time IMO (well we should have sold to City for £60m) it's just we didn't replace his quality

Sulosky

Really feel results this weekend will be key in who wins the title, we just need to win no matter how or what!

I am not gonna be greedy here...

...just an EXACT repeat of this score line is all I ask for 🤙

Isn't this the same season when we were the best team and it all disappeared after that terrible injury for Dudu? Please don't jinx this.

bastun

Player:Saka
I don't agree. 2-0 westham, 2-1 southhampton, 4-1 brighton in the last 3 games. they did get 1-1 vs City though. First march with new manager surely increases their margin of error
Hope you are right mate and we batter them.I just don't see it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I have an exam starting in in about an hour, going to miss 15 min of the game. Really sucks, not missed a minute of PL football in years. Hopefully we have an early lead when I'm done. Wish me luck, and let's ****ing go and win this one.

Good luck bro.

I’ll actually miss the second half because I’ll be playing myself. Think that’s worse than missing the opening.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Watched whole of Dyche press conference. This will be very tough game. Their players and crowd will be up for this

This is the standard mindset for all teams we face, including United recently at home.

Opposition fans and players still seem to think that if you get in our faces, pressure us hard we will crumble. That’s why you saw Sp**s starting so hard when we went there, looking for that momentum, with the crowd going wild.

It’s doesn’t work now, and it’s a combination of delusion mixed with copium from these fans.

Unless they get lucky, nothing of the sort will happen. They’ll want to impose themselves, we’ll withstand what they throw at us, and we’ll take control of the game.

Everton 0-2 Arsenal

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I remember how few years ago when we hosted Everton at Emirates, they were so sensational in 1st half that God knows how they didn't score. They were so dominating that it was a shocking surprise as they were just about starting up with Roberto Martinez.

We managed to go ahead in 2nd half through Özil iirc, but then they kept pressing in our box and Delofeu equalized with a powerful shot.

Now that Everton are languishing in relegation zone, that team (Barkley, Delofeu, Lukaku, Mirallas etc.) was so much better than the dross they have now.

Having said that, we could drop points as the new manager bounce factor could hit us unexpectedly.

3 pts and no injuries please 🙏

Hated that match at the tail-end of 2013. Yet it was rectified later in the season when we thrashed them 4-1 on our way to the FA Cup :drool:

I don't care about thrashing them now, I just want 3 points to keep our momentum going & to rid the PL of their pointless existence.

The Netflix special about them is going to make "Sunderland Till I Die" seem like an insignificant temper tantrum :lol:

Buhry

Established Member

I'd like to see Trossard start today, get the feeling Everton will sit deep. So i'd rather have martinelli coming off the bench against tired legs than start him against a low block.

Dyche or not, nobody is bullying a team that has Gabriel, Saliba, White, Xhaka, Partey. Even our young wingers win headers and battles for the ball. We’ll do the bullying, thank you very much.

Yeah glad we're not that team anymore. Actually look good on defensive set pieces these days as well. Could never say that about a wenger team post 2006 or whatever.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'd like to see Trossard start today, get the feeling Everton will sit deep. So i'd rather have martinelli coming off the bench against tired legs than start him against a low block.

Yeah glad we're not that team anymore. Actually look good on defensive set pieces these days as well. Could never say that about a wenger team post 2006 or whatever.
The martinez goal was the only header scored against us this season in the PL

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Does anyone here actually think this is a hard game? or just worried cause race is actually real? Confidence vs united but not vs Everton? They are 19th for a reason. We've played well like EVERY game this season.
Worrying posts in this thread honestly, feels like posts 5 years ago.

As soon as you start to think a game won’t be hard you’re setting yourself up to fail in this league. How many times do you need this demonstrated where a team near the bottom draws or beats a team near the top. Any talk of an easy or hard game should be kept until after the final whistle.

“It’s no one’s god given right to win” - George Graham. Wrexham 2-1 Arsenal. 1992

G0D

Almighty

Would like to see Trossard start too considering Martinelli hasn’t exactly been on form as of late but he has just signed that new contract and it’s not uncommon for players to really want to make something happen once they’ve signed a new deal.

If anything maybe think If (and it’s a big IF) we can get a 2-0 lead going then giving Saka a breather for Trossard may make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom