• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Everton 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 4th, February | KO: 12:30 GMT| BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

This should be relatively straightforward, the new manager bounce not withstanding.

Screenshot-20230128-152222.png

Screenshot-20230128-152237.png

Screenshot-20230128-152251.png

Screenshot-20230128-152321.png

The starting xi picks itself, unless Partey is not fit enough to start and Lokonga takes his place.

8f9bf26f-4004-49f7-9de4-c9ccf7ca79ae.png

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Isn't this the same season when we were the best team and it all disappeared after that terrible injury for Dudu? Please don't jinx this.

No that season Everton battered us away we punted the ball up to Eduardo twice and he put us up 2-0 against the run on play. In terms of pure finishing alone he was at Wright/Henry level at that moment.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I like how explains things so simply and with so much common sense, concepts that some people would need to overcomplicate beyond belief.

Also I absolutely hate the narrative around Dyche that he's some sort of old school "get stuck in" manager with little need for tactics. He uses a lot of really progressive principles in how his team plays while also acknowledging the limitations which his Burnley side has. I don't think his ideas are any less complexed than lets say Klopp with Liverpool.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Isn't this the same season when we were the best team and it all disappeared after that terrible injury for Dudu? Please don't jinx this.

That was 2008, this was 2010.

This is the season were a drunk doctor said... "Hey, how 'bout we put some ****ing horse placenta on this guy's injured leg" ...then Van Persie was out for months.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I like how explains things so simply and with so much common sense, concepts that some people would need to overcomplicate beyond belief.

Also I absolutely hate the narrative around Dyche that he's some sort of old school "get stuck in" manager with little need for tactics. He uses a lot of really progressive principles in how his team plays while also acknowledging the limitations which his Burnley side has. I don't think his ideas are any less complexed than lets say Klopp with Liverpool.

I had no idea he believes he invented the 4-4-2 myself

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

1675503571745.jpeg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Get Big Sam vibes from Dyche can't lie, think he can only reach a certain level...Allardyce believed he was an equal to Wenger as a coach, because he used running stats or some bullshit at Bolton, and the only thing separating them was that Arsène had better players.

But when Sam went to Newcastle and Everton, he was beyond useless...as those clubs won't tolerate his style of football.

Everton is a good way for Dyche to prove me right or wrong, but it's easier to talk a big game on every football podcast known to man than it is to actually trust your players and be a more progressive and attacking manager.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Usually quite positive pre match but I think this will be a tough game tbh.

They’ll be fired up in the first 10-15 mins but if we get through that and score the first goal then the Everton fans will turn their attention to the owners. Dyche will probably go with Maupay + DCL upfront as well as his lads McNeil and Tarkowski playing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Win confirmed

This is pretty refreshing, we did it vs City too. In recent times there's been a tendency to change to away kit even if there's no clash I'm glad we seem to be using a bit of common sense in that regard seemingly. I think 2014/15 was the first time I saw real unnecessary kit changes, we went to City and played in yellow and blue even tho it was less of a clash than red and white. Think it was the same story at Goodison park either that year or a year later.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Get Big Sam vibes from Dyche can't lie, think he can only reach a certain level...Allardyce believed he was an equal to Wenger as a coach, because he used running stats or some bullshit at Bolton, and the only thing separating them was that Arsène had better players.

But when Sam went to Newcastle and Everton, he was beyond useless...as those clubs won't tolerate his style of football.

Everton is a good way for Dyche to prove me right or wrong, but it's easier to talk a big game on every football podcast known to man than it is to actually trust your players and be a more progressive and attacking manager.

My children hardly see me laughing hysterically, so they were quite surprised when it happened.

They were curious for me to explain what was funny & I creatively illustrated a story about a Martial Eagle & a Dodo whilst highlighting their characteristics.

Smart little ones realized halfway through the story that both birds are not equals in any way. One's a natural born predator & the other is Allardyce with feathers :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The only way we'll lose is if we become complacent. Hopefully, Tets will never allow that to creep in.

Regardless of their current position, Everton are a tough team & Goodison Park is a difficult ground to go to.

Play our own game, take our chances, keep the tempo high & Everton will find an overwhelming task quickly transform into an impossible one!!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
Jorginho Xhaka
Saka Ode Martinelli
Eddie

2 - 0 to us

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
This has banana skin written all over it. Club fighting relegation, new manager bounce.

The games against physical sides used to be a weakness of ours but not so much anymore. We have physical presence also. They will still try to kick Saka & Nelli out of the game tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom