• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Fixtures 21/22

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Haven't we done alright against the other big teams? Maybe it is my irrational positive pre season mind at work, but I thought our record was somewhat improved as of late?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

You always hope by having these sort of games early that you catch City and Chelsea before they hit their stride. Both teams might be a bit short with players returning later than our lot from the Euros (Tierney will be home by Saturday, Xhaka is leaving, Leno won't get off Germany's bench and may also leave and Saka will be lucky to feature for England because Southgate hasn't a clue).

Despite this I don't expect much.

ThePortugueseGunner

I don't really care about schedules. Eventually, you'll have to play every team twice, it becomes irrelevant when you do so. There are a lot of factors that may turn a nightmare fixture into a easy one and vice-versa (injuries, other competitions, etc.)

The problem with Arsenal, this season, won't be regarding any schedule. The problem is that if we keep playing the way we did last season, we won't be competing for what we should... again. And that is valid either you visit Brentford, Liverpool or Portuguese side from my hometown Vitória F.C.

The reason why people have problems with schedules is that the team is not good enough. Do you think Chelsea or City are upset that they face us so early? Of course not.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Feel that City and Chelsea in the first three will just extend the run of games Arteta will be given. Sort of a get out of jail card for the first three matches.
Yep Kroenke will give him leeway. We need to get slapped 5-0 by them both with no sendings off for him to consider sacking Arteta.

Brentford away opening day will be a tough game for this lot. If we lose that, could see a similar sort of uproar to the Villa opening day loss in 2013

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
You always hope by having these sort of games early that you catch City and Chelsea before they hit their stride. Both teams might be a bit short with players returning later than our lot from the Euros....

Despite this I don't expect much.

Most expected the same after World Cup 2018 when Emery started his reign with a home loss v. depleted City and a close away loss at Chelsea.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Tough start for Mikel. I'll hold my judgement untill Halloween.

But we MUST be ready when we face Brentford. All our business needs to be done by then, even the marquee signing (IF we are planning on one). If not, the board has failes massively.
Don’t worry, we all know fans like you will manage to find excuses for him no matter what. Thankfully fans in the stadium will boo him out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom