• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Manchester City 0 - 0 Arsenal | Sunday 31st March | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Prediction
Man city 0-1 Arsenal

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Critical that we score first as @SA Gunner wrote. We do that and I think we can win the game. I want to see us go with our 'big game' template which is the Jorginho/Rice double pivot and Havertz at #9. We can bypass their press by going long to Kai.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The most complete forward England has ever seen...

... reading those posts Oxeki posted from the City forums, they are SO LUCKY they got their oil money otherwise this would always be their club.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
the blue panther said:
They'll have gone off the boil completely by the time they get to us. What could be worse than a visit to our fortress when they haven't played for the best part of 3 weeks, and lost all momentum.
They're ****ed.

FORTRESS.

Would be more intimidating trying to get on a bouncy castle guarded by 3 year olds.

Tom Mix

This could go any way. I would hope the days of us being thumped are gone though. I hope we can sneak it by a goal. but it's going to require maximum concentration for the whole 100 minutes. One slip and it's gone. If we concede first it will be extremely difficult to win.

Earlier in the campaign yo'd have been delighted with a draw but I think a draw could give the title to Liverpool, poor as they are. The only plus with that is that they need to win even more than we do, behind on points and goal difference, so they can hardly play for a draw.

Heart says 1-2. Head says 0-1.

Riou

Raya
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Kwiwor
Jorginho
Rice-Ødegaard
Saka-Havertz-Martinelli/Jesus
...we need this team to get a result here, we need one of Jesus or Gabby fit to start (if Leo starts City will just snaffle us out, we need pace on both sides of Kai here) and Gabriel to be there...then we can win.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Whoever gets the goal first, will get a huge advantage in this game. Because chasing the game against Arsenal, City or Liverpool means you have to take more risks defensively, and even if you take your time to get back into the game, its still not a position you want to be in against the top 3 sides.

Arteta needs to do something different tactically, not seen before and that can catch City out, even for a moment. If we remember last season at the Etihad, it was that on field swap between De Bruyne and Haaland that bamboozled our defense. If we remember, it was De Bruyne scoring, and Haaland providing the assist for the first goal, and I'd say the opposite was expected by our defense and our man to man markers. De Bruyne was expected to assist and hence was less marked than Haaland.

In the Emirates game earlier this season, we had Havertz and Tomiyasu push up to occupy their defenders and win the aerial ball for the knock down. It was something that Arteta substituted TP5 and Tomiyasu on for specifically. Something like this will be needed again on the day.

A draw is not the end of the world, but I think a win is important here. Its going to be very difficult of course, but this is exactly the game you perform in to send a message to the dressing room (in a potential semi final second leg) and the rest of the league as well.

Think we'll win this one, it will be a tight 0-1 or 1-2.
They were also physically too much for us. I remember Akanji driving with the ball from his own half through our midfield like it wasn't there.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Don;t care how we play or who starts, just go out there and perform! I want our players to believe in themselves and each other, there is no reason we can't go and play the way we should - this City team doesn't look the same as before. That Rodri needs to be kept off the ball so I expect Rice to be on him! KDB needs to be shut down - Jorginho should be able to handle that. Laslty, Haaland needs to be inside Gabi's pocket at all times!

I keep the same lineup, only change is if Tomi is fit he may come in for Kiwi imo. Kai must be up top as he's just a menace!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The most complete forward England has ever seen...

... reading those posts Oxeki posted from the City forums, they are SO LUCKY they got their oil money otherwise this would always be their club.

Titi was truly in a league of his own. Opposition couldn't get near him. Pace, power, trickery, creativity, he was the complete package.

I get so offended when the likes of Shearer, Drogba, Aguero, Kane and Haaland get compared to him. None of them get close. If I'm being completely honest, the only PL striker who can be mentioned in the same breath is Suarez. And even then, he isn't better than Henry - no chance.

The GOAT.

Riou

Titi was truly in a league of his own. Opposition couldn't get near him. Pace, power, trickery, creativity, he was the complete package.

I get so offended when the likes of Shearer, Drogba, Aguero, Kane and Haaland get compared to him. None of them get close. If I'm being completely honest, the only PL striker who can be mentioned in the same breath is Suarez. And even then, he isn't better than Henry - no chance.

The GOAT.

"You can move Henry over to the left and away from the striker position, in order to get Shearer/Kane/Drogba/Aguero into an all time Premier League team...as you then..."

tenor.gif

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Nice thing about City is if you play well enough to win, you can actually get a result without the crowd being a factor like Anfield for instance
This is what I was thinking. So why do they have such a good record at the Etihad? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom