• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Postponements

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Crouch with a chance.. it's another towering header from the big man!!

I just don't understand the logic, people still had to work today I believe, people who'd normally work at the weekend will still have to do so. But people kick a ball about for a living can't do so? It makes absolutely zero sense. And to be blunt the vast majority of the players couldn't give a **** let's be real. The decision was made by old out of touch guys stuck in the past.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Crouch with a chance.. it's another towering header from the big man!!
Pretty sure it's not either or. They're going to force this mourning, and afterwards they are going to do all that other stuff too.

Wouldn't be surprised it will last forever like BLM kneeing seems to.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This post-ponement doesn't seem to bad for Arsenal.

PSV and Bodo Glimt played a draw already, next game hopefully is PSV at home for Arsenal. A full first starting eleven there after a rest, and Arsenal likely has 6 points already while the toughest opponent PSV has only 1 point. It helps with being able to use squad players in the later games and focus more on EPL.

Because of that aspect of being able to rotate later and getting momentum, I think Arteta would have fielded a pretty strong line-up for the PSV home game anyway. It would have risked more injuries, which risk is now avoided.

Partey could also get fit, and others, and the games might be post-poned until next year when we might get reinforcements in January.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You’re right. I’m really just upset that the premier league didn’t postpone when my Nan died. So disrespectful of them. Since cancelling the games is the best/only way to show respect obviously.
Never did I say it was the only way to pay respect, I said that it was how they are choosing to pay respect and since none of us work for the FA, it really doesn't matter whether we agree or not. But if this waste of bandwidth made you feel better then great.

bergholt

This post-ponement doesn't seem to bad for Arsenal.

PSV and Bodo Glimt played a draw already, next game hopefully is PSV at home for Arsenal. A full first starting eleven there after a rest, and Arsenal likely has 6 points already while the toughest opponent PSV has only 1 point. It helps with being able to use squad players in the later games and focus more on EPL.

Because of that aspect of being able to rotate later and getting momentum, I think Arteta would have fielded a pretty strong line-up for the PSV home game anyway. It would have risked more injuries, which risk is now avoided.

Partey could also get fit, and others, and the games might be post-poned until next year when we might get reinforcements in January.

Yeah feels like this could be pretty handy for us right now, we were just on the verge of falling into a hole with injuries in the middle of the park and this reduces that load slightly.

Currently 13 games scheduled across 6 weeks from October 1 including Sp**s, Liverpool, Man C, Chelsea, and 2x PSV. After that we'll know how we're looking in the PL and the EL and be basically at the transfer window again, so fingers crossed we can keep everyone fit enough to give good performances through that time.

andeoch1

Pretty sure it's not either or. They're going to force this mourning, and afterwards they are going to do all that other stuff too.

Wouldn't be surprised it will last forever like BLM kneeing seems to.
Thankfully the ‘ BLM kneeling’ is done with as now everyone see it as the fraud it is🤷

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Never did I say it was the only way to pay respect, I said that it was how they are choosing to pay respect and since none of us work for the FA, it really doesn't matter whether we agree or not. But if this waste of bandwidth made you feel better then great.

I’m not deluded enough to think my postings on AM are going to change the FA’s decisions, just like I’m not deluded enough to think they’ll change the way arsenal plays. We are simply discussing things here and I’m expressing my disagreement with the FA’s decision. And yes, maybe it does make me feel better. AM psychiatrist.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Is it? I get the Thomas angle but we're on a good run of form and I'm not sure giving our rivals Chelsea, United, and Liverpool a long period of time to train with their new manager in the case of the former two or Liverpool a chance to rework things while in the worst form of their life really is a positive for us...

United was to play at Palace this weekend, Liverpool a decent Wolves side in the form their in...those are games I would've liked to see go ahead.

Imagine we don't play until October and boom NLD, and then at Liverpool after they've had a kind of winter break to rework things...that doesn't seem favourable at all for us.
Everton was a good chance to win and not have the added pressure of going into a tough part of the draw with a loss. We could potentially lose 3 on the bounce now and be portrayed by the media as a club in crisis. Your also right that utd and chelsea will be relishing time on the training pitch, whilst pool will enjoy the opportunity to reset. Finally, we are in good form at moment without too much focus on other comps; when they add these to the fixture congestion at end of yr who knows what we will be competing for or the state of squad.

MartiSaka

Yeah feels like this could be pretty handy for us right now, we were just on the verge of falling into a hole with injuries in the middle of the park and this reduces that load slightly.

Currently 13 games scheduled across 6 weeks from October 1 including Sp**s, Liverpool, Man C, Chelsea, and 2x PSV. After that we'll know how we're looking in the PL and the EL and be basically at the transfer window again, so fingers crossed we can keep everyone fit enough to give good performances through that time.
But depending on how we go in the cups and Europa, when they place these games towards the end of the season, we could have even more games I could imagine. After many of our players have played WC. I would rather get as many PL games over prior to WC.

MartiSaka

Media and podcasters keep on putting the disclaimer that “people will have a wide range of different opinions on this decision“ but every single person I have heard so far has said it’s a poor decision. There isnt much diversity in opinion.Seems to be supported by a few tories and people in their 70s-80s

bergholt

But depending on how we go in the cups and Europa, when they place these games towards the end of the season, we could have even more games I could imagine.

I'm assuming that we'll bring a couple of players in before then, which will take the pressure off significantly.

Goonger

I've never been in the UK but I have families there. They all tell me most people don't give a **** about the monarch. It's just one of those things they just put up with and has been there before their time.

Of course she didn't choose the family she was born into but the way she (and family at large) is being celebrated as some sort of bastion of all that is good just doesn't sit right. Fair enough, she's the symbol of the UK. But why 12 days days?

3 days should have been enough imo. Surely they can mourn her without canceling football games or comedy or stuff :lol:

But the truth is that in the grand scheme of things, she's not as important as made out to be. Only the old folks might be sentimental towards her but overall I think the reaction to get death is otp.

Edit: Was Sport games in the US cancelled when JFK was assassinated?

But she died on Thursday afternoon. 3 days would have taken it to Sunday so the games would have been off anyway. The games are off next weekend because there will be an absolutely massive event of a state funeral at some point over that weekend.

I think it's more timing more than anything else. If she passed away on the Monday or Tuesday, I think there would be a far greater chance of games being on this weekend. I just think the FA & Premier League might be thinking 2 days isn't enough time.

And for those that say most of Britain don't care about the monarchy, they much have missed the fact there were over a million people in London for the Jubilee, or the millions celebrating it up and down the country.

MartiSaka

Didn‘t know football was so closely aligned to royalty and upper echelons of society, thought it was largely a working class sport. Both the cricket and rugby (very generally perceived to be more aligned to the upper echelons) are playing on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Heard the polo and hunting was going ahead also.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Didn‘t know football was so closely aligned to royalty and upper echelons of society, thought it was largely a working class sport. Both the cricket and rugby (very generally perceived to be more aligned to the upper echelons) are playing on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Heard the polo and hunting was going ahead also.
Tbh, the behaviour of football fans and the need for a strong police presence is the main issue. You don't see other sports with such a big hooligan problem. Funny too that our founders were upper class and the Queen was rumoured to be an Arsenal fan- remember our trip to Buckingham Palace in 2007? Utd interrupted a good league run. Arteta needs time on the training ground and time to get players fit.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Tbh, the behaviour of football fans and the need for a strong police presence is the main issue. You don't see other sports with such a big hooligan problem. Funny too that our founders were upper class and the Queen was rumoured to be an Arsenal fan- remember our trip to Buckingham Palace in 2007? Utd interrupted a good league run. Arteta needs time on the training ground and time to get players fit.
Didn't think our founders were upper class, but obviously Sir Henry Norris, who brought us to Islington was v posh (and a dubious character tbh)

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Didn't think our founders were upper class, but obviously Sir Henry Norris, who brought us to Islington was v posh (and a dubious character tbh)
Not the original Dial Square founders but after Norris, we changed names, locations and the demographic of our board changed too. They called us the Bank of Englabd club when Chapman was here so we underwent quite the transformation. Sir Chip's was the last of the "gentry" types and I can't think of another club that had so much "old money" on the board. Now we're nouveau riche like everyone else :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

FcRmNf0WAAIQL8I

“Even one disrespectful shout would make front-page news”

That’s a pretty weak excuse tbf. Shouldn’t the blame be directed at the poisonous press associations that are drooling to put it on the front-page and give those doing so clout. Says a lot when they’re more concerned with football fans as opposed to those who watch rugby and cricket.

The class system strikes again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom