• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Postponements

D

Deleted member 102404

Wrong to cancel any sporting event IMO.
I don’t see the sense of cancelling entertainment (for some). How can you cancel entertainment for some and not for others? I am assuming soap operas will rock on every day.
I wonder will BT Sport and Sky, Premier league clubs, hotels, airlines, train companies etc. have to pay people back for expenses?
I think we’ve had quite enough of the govt shutting down entertainment to last a lifetime, even one of 96 years.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Think the weekend off is a respectful compromise.

Our Everton game can be postponed to after the World Cup, I reckon.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I'm all for some respect and special proceedings for the weekend and I'm not even english.

But posponing an entire weekend of matches in a shedule that's already ridiculous because of Qatar?
WTF are you thinking?

You had a choice EPL, it wasn't government mandated. YOU HAD A CHOICE.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Think the weekend off is a respectful compromise.

Our Everton game can be postponed to after the World Cup, I reckon.
They’ll find a midweek or weekend in the spring when when we’re both out of the FA Cup like they did with the Covid postponements last year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its British empire tradition so you can't go against it and respect it .

The world cup make things worse people wouldn't care much if 1-2 matchday postponed

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They’ll find a midweek or weekend in the spring when when we’re both out of the FA Cup like they did with the Covid postponements last year.

Probably will need a slot in June then.

Malky

Established Member
They'll also have to cancel the following week as that'll be the funeral? So that'll be us without a game until October 1st? 😳

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Now we wait to see if the funeral is on next Sunday, if so Arteta can probably play his best team against PSV which might suit him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They'll also have to cancel the following week as that'll be the funeral? So that'll be us without a game until October 1st? 😳
I hope they don't because the PL will be in trouble deciding when these games will be played

Malky

Established Member
I hope they don't because the PL will be in trouble deciding when these games will be played
If the funeral is next weekend they'll have no option but to postpone that round of fixtures also.
This decision for a winter world cup is looking more stupid with each passing week.

D

Deleted member 102404

It should have read
‘As a mark of respect for QEII and total contempt for football fans across the country…’

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That Richard Buxton is clueless.

Guessing the funeral was next Saturday and as it’s now looking like Monday 19th he’s saying it won’t get cancelled in his latest tweet.

Making it up as he goes along.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
D

Deleted member 102404

I think we may be in for a shortened season.
They SHOULD cancel the international break and give permission/ support clubs in keeping their foreign players back.
Then play PL.
If they don’t, I can’t see enough time to play the games. Not with European competitions as well as the World Cup break.
Unless we play into June.

Latest posts

Top Bottom