<

Premier League | Stoke City vs Arsenal | 19/08/2017 | 17:30 BST (16:30 UTC) | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Brown Gooner, Aug 14, 2017.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Aug 19, 2017.
  1. Stoke City will Win

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Draw

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Arsenal will Win

66 vote(s)
    78.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

Arsenal's second Premier League game is an away fixture against Stoke City.

Venue: Britannia Stadium
    Referee: Andre Marriner

Managers:
    Stoke City - Mark Hughes
    Arsenal - Arsène Wenger

Team News
    Arsenal
    : Per and Alexis doubtful and I believe Kos will be serving his final match suspension (I don't think the suspension applied to the community shield)

Stoke City: Spanish CF Joselu will be the only notable absentee.

Expected Arsenal lineup:

Cech
    Holding Nacho Kolasinac
    Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Ox
    Özil Welbeck
    Lacazette

I'm also expecting Mustafi to make a second half sub appearance unless we're chasing the game. Recent news is that Sanchez could also feature, se he could probably be on the bench as well if deemed fit enough.

COYG!

2. Bigby3

Bigby3 Member

Would like to see Kola playing at lwb, so mustafi would have to start.

Chech
    Holding Mustafi Nacho
    Ox Ramsey Xhaka Kola
    Özil Welbeck
    Lacazette

3. KingVerse

KingVerse Active Member

Time to Flip the script and defeat them, we have to put in Work, Capture the victory and Make'em pay. We have to start off bright and Playtawin, that kinda football?? That's what I'm here 4. Winning should become one of our Deadly Habitz , we got enough Skills. I want to see the Same team, no games. Yep..going forward this game will be our Moment of truth on our quest to regain our Mass appeal.

mavelous and Kotikalja like this.
  4. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

I think we will win. (I hope our late KO curse doesn't affect us!)

5. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Per and Mustafi have to play. Don't want to see Bellerin and Holding. This team is close to perfect:

Cech
    Mustafi Per Nacho
    Ox Xhaka Ramsey Kolasinac
    Özil Welbeck
    Lacazette

Rygura, SA Gunner, Gooner Zig and 9 others like this.
  6. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Yep, just Alexis and Koscielny missing, both should be back for Liverpool too. :drool:

7. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Good team. Wouldn't mind Holding playing again myself though if Per isn't available. Think he'll bounce back strong, especially away from home. Also wouldn't mind Iwobi over Welbeck maybe, but we may need to the physicality that Welbeck has against Stoke.

Rygura, Gooner Zig and Furious like this.
  8. Furious

Could be an option. Worried about Mustafi a bit myself playing him wide CB, not the best when they make him run in wide areas. Hope he plays the middle CB when Kos is back despite his midgetry.

Think Welbeck is essential in this one, there will be space in behind and in wide areas for him to carry the ball.

9. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

The way Stoke lineup now i no longer worry about getting bullied by them. Walters and Arnautovic left in the summer and Adam is usually on the bench now. They're not really a rugby team anymore so we should beat them in a football match.

10. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Given Stoke's physicality, I'll be suprised if Giroud doesn't start, with Lacazette out wide.

11. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

See above. Their team on the weekend had a fairly big/physical back 3 and wing backs, but their two midfielders were Joe Allen and Darren Fletcher, and then a front 3 of Shakiri/Bojan/Berainho. Quite different to the Stoke of old.

Rygura and Ashybashy86 like this.
  12. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

I don't want Mustafi's first game back to be Stoke away. Recipe for disaster.

Holding - Per - Monreal.

Mustafi on the bench with the aim of giving him 30 mins second half if things are going to plan.

al-Ustaadh and Furious like this.
  13. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

Excited for this one as I hate Stoke! Really hoping this is the season they get relegated :p The team pretty much picks itself here, hoping Lacazette can score and keep the momentum going that way him and Alexis can rock Liverpool the following week! :)

14. Furious

Love the fact that we're getting 3(traditionally anyway) tough away games out of sight early with this, Pool and Chelsea. Means that the second part of the season is more comfortable, and really, our fixtures look feckin easy january and beyond. Honestly, we can win the title if we're clever about it.

say yes likes this.
  15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

How dare you put Stoke will win at the top, I nearly voted for an Arsenal win, ffs.

16. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Well, that's the end of that.

say yes and Hunta like this.
  17. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Late kick off on BT, what can go wrong.

18. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Hope Per is ready, I want Kolasinac at LWB where he can cause them problems. How often does Wenger have to shift players around only to weaken the side elsewhere. For me a top CB is as important as a top CM, we'll probably get neither.

19. marting

marting Well-Known Member

Cech
    Holding Nacho Kolasinac
    Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Ox
    Özil Lacazette
    Giroud

they will make it physical, send loads of balls into the box from set pieces etc. Lets get Giroud involved to help stop that.

20. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

the problem is a good showing convinces Wenger that we don't need a CB and CM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.