• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Stoke City vs Arsenal | 19/08/2017 | 17:30 BST (16:30 UTC) | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Stoke City will Win

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Arsenal will Win

Votes: 66 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Arsenal's second Premier League game is an away fixture against Stoke City.

Venue: Britannia Stadium
Referee: Andre Marriner

Managers:
Stoke City - Mark Hughes
Arsenal - Arsène Wenger

Team News
Arsenal
: Per and Alexis doubtful and I believe Kos will be serving his final match suspension (I don't think the suspension applied to the community shield)

Stoke City: Spanish CF Joselu will be the only notable absentee.

Expected Arsenal lineup:

Cech
Holding Nacho Kolasinac
Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Ox
Özil Welbeck
Lacazette

I'm also expecting Mustafi to make a second half sub appearance unless we're chasing the game. Recent news is that Sanchez could also feature, se he could probably be on the bench as well if deemed fit enough.

COYG!

Bigby3

Would like to see Kola playing at lwb, so mustafi would have to start.

Chech
Holding Mustafi Nacho
Ox Ramsey Xhaka Kola
Özil Welbeck
Lacazette

KingVerse

Time to Flip the script and defeat them, we have to put in Work, Capture the victory and Make'em pay. We have to start off bright and Playtawin, that kinda football?? That's what I'm here 4. Winning should become one of our Deadly Habitz , we got enough Skills. I want to see the Same team, no games. Yep..going forward this game will be our Moment of truth on our quest to regain our Mass appeal.

blaze_of_glory

Per and Mustafi have to play. Don't want to see Bellerin and Holding. This team is close to perfect:

Cech
Mustafi Per Nacho
Ox Xhaka Ramsey Kolasinac
Özil Welbeck
Lacazette
Good team. Wouldn't mind Holding playing again myself though if Per isn't available. Think he'll bounce back strong, especially away from home. Also wouldn't mind Iwobi over Welbeck maybe, but we may need to the physicality that Welbeck has against Stoke.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Good team. Wouldn't mind Holding playing again myself though if Per isn't available. Think he'll bounce back strong, especially away from home. Also wouldn't mind Iwobi over Welbeck maybe, but we may need to the physicality that Welbeck has against Stoke.

Could be an option. Worried about Mustafi a bit myself playing him wide CB, not the best when they make him run in wide areas. Hope he plays the middle CB when Kos is back despite his midgetry.

Think Welbeck is essential in this one, there will be space in behind and in wide areas for him to carry the ball.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The way Stoke lineup now i no longer worry about getting bullied by them. Walters and Arnautovic left in the summer and Adam is usually on the bench now. They're not really a rugby team anymore so we should beat them in a football match.

Ashybashy86

Given Stoke's physicality, I'll be suprised if Giroud doesn't start, with Lacazette out wide.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Given Stoke's physicality, I'll be suprised if Giroud doesn't start, with Lacazette out wide.

See above. Their team on the weekend had a fairly big/physical back 3 and wing backs, but their two midfielders were Joe Allen and Darren Fletcher, and then a front 3 of Shakiri/Bojan/Berainho. Quite different to the Stoke of old.

say yes

forum master baiter
Per and Mustafi have to play. Don't want to see Bellerin and Holding. This team is close to perfect:

Cech
Mustafi Per Nacho
Ox Xhaka Ramsey Kolasinac
Özil Welbeck
Lacazette

I don't want Mustafi's first game back to be Stoke away. Recipe for disaster.

Holding - Per - Monreal.

Mustafi on the bench with the aim of giving him 30 mins second half if things are going to plan.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Excited for this one as I hate Stoke! Really hoping this is the season they get relegated :p The team pretty much picks itself here, hoping Lacazette can score and keep the momentum going that way him and Alexis can rock Liverpool the following week! :)

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Love the fact that we're getting 3(traditionally anyway) tough away games out of sight early with this, Pool and Chelsea. Means that the second part of the season is more comfortable, and really, our fixtures look feckin easy january and beyond. Honestly, we can win the title if we're clever about it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hope Per is ready, I want Kolasinac at LWB where he can cause them problems. How often does Wenger have to shift players around only to weaken the side elsewhere. For me a top CB is as important as a top CM, we'll probably get neither.

marting

Cech
Holding Nacho Kolasinac
Bellerin Ramsey Xhaka Ox
Özil Lacazette
Giroud

they will make it physical, send loads of balls into the box from set pieces etc. Lets get Giroud involved to help stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom