• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Stoke City vs Arsenal | 19/08/2017 | 17:30 BST (16:30 UTC) | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Stoke City will Win

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Arsenal will Win

Votes: 66 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Always thought Wenger capable of winning the title again. . unlike most on here.

But he needs his players on the ****ing pitch. First game of the season 9 injuries and suspensions. Getting disillusioned mate.

You can carry the positivity flag for AM, my arms are knackered.

I think he is capable as well, no doubt - however he firstly has to do more in transfer windows, sign quality, get rid of the drivel, and not be attached to players.

Again that's his own doing - get rid of injury prone players - blokes like Wilshere and even Ramsey have got to much time here.

I'll do my best, but I'm very disappointed with our summer shopping.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think he is capable as well, no doubt - however he firstly has to do more in transfer windows, sign quality, get rid of the drivel, and not be attached to players.

Again that's his own doing - get rid of injury prone players - blokes like Wilshere and even Ramsey have got to much time here.

I'll do my best, but I'm very disappointed with our summer shopping.
Exactly how I see it.

Even Jon Snow knows to win against the white walkers you have to recruit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: Is this the new 'I'll have my eggs in every basket please' @Makingtrax that I predicted would manifest last season? It's so painfully obvious. I can already smell the fear of being let down again by Wenger, and we've only played a game... You wont last a month at this rate ffs!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol: Is this the new 'I'll have my eggs in every basket please' @Makingtrax that I predicted would manifest last season? It's so painfully obvious. I can already smell the fear of being let down again by Wenger, and we've only played a game... You wont last a month at this rate ffs!
:lol: Made my position absolutely clear.

Some very good players. Not sorted out injury problems, no CM so far. Nevertheless 3rd, if we're lucky.

Never subscribed to 'we should be winning this league ffs, the club is a shambles'. Leave that to you hyperbolers.

Last edited:

marting

Exactly how I see it.

Even Jon Snow knows to win against the white walkers you have to recruit.

We are just awful at selling deadwood, every year we carry players. Debuchy still gets a wage from us, he wouldnt at any other club! we could get rid of 5 or 6 players and replace with even just 1 player that improves the squad. as you say. Its our own thought.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Strangely I'm very optimistic about this game, feel we'll win comfortably. Welbz and Ramsey on the scoresheet again and a brace from Laca for a 4-0 win.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
on the team news…
Early team news is that from last week I think Mertesacker will be available again. For Alexis it looks a bit early, but he works hard in training. Our medical people think Saturday comes too soon but he should be available for the next game against Liverpool.

on Alexis’ recovery…
His recovery is going very well, he is working very hard but we have to be cautious. It was a muscular strain and [its important] not to have any setback on it.

on Mustafi and Coquelin…
They will be in the squad, yes.

on Jack Wilshere…
Well, for him it’s good that he’s back and available. I think he needs games now. He might play again on Monday night but overall, what is important for him is the natural progression to be completely fit. He is not far away now.

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-mustafi-coquelin-jack-alexis#738yFWIXmokJoq1h.99
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-mustafi-coquelin-jack-alexis#lq3ZjkzYG0jlEFpK.99

BobP

Memri Fan

It's all so odd.

He disparages us for setting our sights on the title, citing the whole squad cost nonsense. Then he states he feels like Wenger could win the title, proceeding to blame injuries, suspensions and so on.

I honestly didn't think it was possible for us to win the title, ever, regardless of injuries and suspensions. You only have to read @Makingtrax attempts to rationalise our 4th place finishes.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I will support AW when attending games this season but my opinion is he couldn't manage any squad to a title so no point daydreaming about transfers....He'd play Messi as a wingback and Ronaldo as a DM. C'mon Arsène .... make a mug out of me!!!;)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's all so odd.

He disparages us for setting our sights on the title, citing the whole squad cost nonsense. Then he states he feels like Wenger could win the title, proceeding to blame injuries, suspensions and so on.

I honestly didn't think it was possible for us to win the title, ever, regardless of injuries and suspensions. You only have to read @Makingtrax attempts to rationalise our 4th place finishes.
You're a bitter man @BobP

Wasn't always that way, but I've seen the slide. You keep posting that everything and everybody is **** these days: Wenger, posters, Radiohead, Lukaku :lol:

But Wenger wins the cup and the Com Shield, and Lukaku's already leading goal scorer after only one game. SMH

So there's light at the end of the tunnel! Now you've declared we won't ever win the league, you've given me hope. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't see the funny thing in that. He definitely is with the right squad.

That he over and over again refuses to do enough in the transfer windows in another story.
Can't understand why not though. Unless Stan's told him that we need to bank now to offset the possibility of losing Özil and Sanchez on a free next year.

That'll be a double whammy. it's like giving away your house even though it's gone up in value and then having to buy a new one. Twice over.

Must win this game. We must do better than against Leicester. We must be on our way up before facing Liverpool.

Another goal from Lacazette would be nice.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Reckon Alexis will be on the bench. Coquelin started this game last season and was brilliant, think Wenger will chuck him in again.

I thought Kos was available again but apparently the Community Shield doesn't count towards his suspension ffs.

Cech
Holding Mert Nacho
Ox Coq Xhaka Saed
Özil
Welbeck Lacazette

Bench: Ospina, Holding, Elneny, Ramsey, Alexis, Iwobi, Giroud.

Reckon we'll win quite comfortably. Maybe a similar result to last time even though you can argue Stoke were already on their holidays.

4-1 to the mighty Arsenal. Lacazette, Welbeck, Özil and Giroud with the goals.

COYYGGGG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom