• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Stoke City vs Arsenal | 19/08/2017 | 17:30 BST (16:30 UTC) | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Stoke City will Win

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Arsenal will Win

Votes: 66 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I mean I called it when he signed the contract extension, though it didn't really take any great cognitive abilities to see it. Another 2 years of frustration.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I think you missed my point. I agree results won't change if Wenger doesn't change his selections, and we certainly don't deserve to win if we let in easy counters from the likes of Stoke and Leicester.

My point is that we are attacking well despite our mix and match first XI, and consequently, that if Wenger decides to actually play players in their positions (and use some actual CBs ffs), we would easily be winning these games.
Haven't we been here before though, didn't we have the most chances on goal last season or season before?

Mike Vinna

The biggest issue for me in terms of team selection was playing Welbeck. Of course the back 5 was poorly put together. But Welbeck misses chance after chance after chance. We knew that before the season started and it was confirmed against Leicester when he killed off a bunch of chances. He's so far from clinical I'd almost rather see Theo play. However, we have the perfect left-sided attacker/playmaker right on the bench; Iwobi. Definitely should be playing over both Welbeck and Walcott..

If Wenger had played a different team (in a couple of places) we'd have won this. So that's 3 points lost on his behalf already and he should count himself lucky, too. Could have been 6 points if it wasn't for Giroud and Ramsey's heroics.

tcahill

Haven't we been here before though, didn't we have the most chances on goal last season or season before?

No idea, I doubt it was last season though.

Does it even matter? We've got different players now in a different system. Simple, don't play Welbeck and we probably would've had at least 2 goals last game, and even more against Leicester.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Getting ripped apart by Bayern 10-2 in the premier club competition.

Finishing 2nd to Leicester on 71 points.

How embarrassing is that?
Well lets forget the Leicester thing -because in that case every other big club should be embarrassed & I'm sure most other fans are probably of the mind set that it was a one off and well doe Leicester. The Bayern game was deplorable - I agree. However, who knows what might have happened with 11 men .

FFS man, try and enjoy your football. If you're going to bawl after every loss then find another sport to enjoy.

Not long ago it was embarrassing being an Arsenal fan because we hadn't won anything in years, now we just ain't winning the right things. If you're so ****ing embarrassed then support another club that doesn't embarrass you.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I keep remembering Monreal putting the ball out of play, it doesn't make me angry but I remembered it about 4 times today and just let out a little sigh :lol: Dammit Nacho

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Well lets forget the Leicester thing -because in that case every other big club should be embarrassed & I'm sure most other fans are probably of the mind set that it was a one off and well doe Leicester. The Bayern game was deplorable - I agree. However, who knows what might have happened with 11 men .

FFS man, try and enjoy your football. If you're going to bawl after every loss then find another sport to enjoy.

Not long ago it was embarrassing being an Arsenal fan because we hadn't won anything in years, now we just ain't winning the right things. If you're so ****ing embarrassed then support another club that doesn't embarrass you.

Abit harsh mate

redanddread

Abit harsh mate

Time people start enjoying their football & stop *****ing about everything to do with the club. There'll be plenty of time for moaning, we're only 2 games into the season FFS. I'm truly getting sick of this forum now, which is a real loss for me but the state of play around here stinks in so many ways.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Time people start enjoying their football & stop *****ing about everything to do with the club. There'll be plenty of time for moaning, we're only 2 games into the season FFS. I'm truly getting sick of this forum now, which is a real loss for me but the state of play around here stinks in so many ways.

People are upset at what they see as wasted potential. All the ingredients are there but the frustration is that the wrong chef is in charge of the kitchen.

silky_shava

People are upset at what they see as wasted potential. All the ingredients are there but the frustration is that the wrong chef is in charge of the kitchen.

Exactly. Losing is part of football but what we saw at stoke and have been seeing for the past 5-6 seasons is were still not getting the basics right. It's the same mistakes every season and it's frustrating the coaching staff are not done anything to put things right. The blame lies with the manager.

Forget no selecting the right players. Our discipline in positioning is shocking. In the first half stoke nearly scored from our corner as all the defenders went up for the corner and there was no cover at the back. This happened on numerous occasions last season.

You get the feeling none of the players know what their role is when they go on the field. I have no hesitation in saying another manager would have done much better with the players we have had in the past 5-6 years.

marting

Exactly. Losing is part of football but what we saw at stoke and have been seeing for the past 5-6 seasons is were still not getting the basics right. It's the same mistakes every season and it's frustrating the coaching staff are not done anything to put things right. The blame lies with the manager.

Forget no selecting the right players. Our discipline in positioning is shocking. In the first half stoke nearly scored from our corner as all the defenders went up for the corner and there was no cover at the back. This happened on numerous occasions last season.

You get the feeling none of the players know what their role is when they go on the field. I have no hesitation in saying another manager would have done much better with the players we have had in the past 5-6 years.

agree 100%.

This below drives me insane! i think it was last season that it was happening multiple times, Week on week. And bare in mind that this was a problem a good few years back when United and Ronaldo used to take advantage of it!

"Forget no selecting the right players. Our discipline in positioning is shocking. In the first half stoke nearly scored from our corner as all the defenders went up for the corner and there was no cover at the back. This happened on numerous occasions last season."

redanddread

I get that but lets get over it because he's here for another 2 years and hopefully we can do something in that time. Are people to bictch & moan about Wenger after every loss for the next 2 years? Probably - it becomes boring and does lead to an air of negativity around the club,which we do not deserve nor need.

redanddread

agree 100%.

This below drives me insane! i think it was last season that it was happening multiple times, Week on week. And bare in mind that this was a problem a good few years back when United and Ronaldo used to take advantage of it!

"Forget no selecting the right players. Our discipline in positioning is shocking. In the first half stoke nearly scored from our corner as all the defenders went up for the corner and there was no cover at the back. This happened on numerous occasions last season."
That actually happens with most teams you know - speedy smaller players are back in case of a break but lots of teams can suffer this fate........it's not something unique to Arsenal. However, due to our attacking nature we will be more suspect to the counter. You see that happen with possession based attacking teams. Both Madrids did it to Bayern, Barca get done on the counter, Pep's City also. It's part of the risk involved.

Henry did it to Sp**s - it happens & is part of football. Even Walcott did it to Liverpool -TWICE!
Edit:

Last edited:

Crazycarrots

ImAre people to bictch & moan about Wenger after every loss for the next 2 years? Probably - it becomes boring and does lead to an air of negativity around the club,which we do not deserve nor need.

It depends on the manner of the loss. if we are losing games because of the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again then yes, people have a right to moan about the manager and players. Frustrations have to be vented but yes things become boring on here.

This season I'm having zero expectations for the Gunners. If we do win anything then it's a total bonus. If it's the same old same old same old then I'll be expecting it, won't care and won't shout at the wife and kids as much when we lose. Thus making me a better person!

As for the the forum itself, isn't it written in the bible "Judge thy forum by the state of thy team"?

redanddread

It depends on the manner of the loss. if we are losing games because of the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again then yes, people have a right to moan about the manager and players. Frustrations have to be vented but yes things become boring on here.

This season I'm having zero expectations for the Gunners. If we do win anything then it's a total bonus. If it's the same old same old same old then I'll be expecting it, won't care and won't shout at the wife and kids as much when we lose. Thus making me a better person!

As for the the forum itself, isn't it written in the bible "Judge thy forum by the state of thy team"?
The "spiral of negativity" is out of control. It's a monster that feeds itself & it's gorging its way to obesity on this here place...

It happened on numerous occasions EVERY season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom