• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Thread

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The problem with innocent until proven guilty, is it's very easy for a rich person to never get proven guilty despite being so.

It is a grey situation, as no doubt some some people do lie...but the justice system doesn't always get it right, as it's quite easy to work around if you have the money and power.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The problem with innocent until proven guilty, is it's very easy for a rich person to never get proven guilty despite being so.

It is a grey situation, as no doubt some some people do lie...but the justice system doesn't always get it right, as it's quite easy to work around if you have the money and power.

I mean rape numbers in this country are a joke anyway.

1.6% of reported rapes earn a charge but the Home Office believes only 0.96% are actually false allegations.

Even if you’re a regular citizen the odds are on your side if you’re a rapist.

TinFish

R Kelly

? ? ?

Bissouma Sigurðsson

Mendy Boateng ? ?

?​

Marcos Alonso lucky he got away with his case otherwise he would have been captain.

Still positions to be filled.
Ronaldo - Rapist
Messi - Tax dodger. If he wasn't famous he would have been thrown behind bars
Onana - Doping
Aurier - Has a suspended prison sentence

They should all be arrested. Prison FC should take no mercy on them.

That being said they had some great teams back in the days. Akon - Locked Up being their crowd pleasing song.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nah logic from what I have learned from my female friends that have been raped or sexually assaulted in any way and its most of them and male friends that have lied and got me against my female friends where she actually showed me message from him admitting it and he got sentences later I chose to believe the victims. The statistics here in Iceland just speak their volume. Dont know how it is elsewhere.

But as I said. Im not calling for anyones head. And I forgive people. And I know about liar but it is very easy for me to believe its rare cases. Trying to make money out of 2% chances just seems very far fetched to me.
Logic is what you can derive based on facts. If we do not have facts, it is only logical to put up our hands and say "I don't know". You can use statistics to decide a wider trend. But you cannot use it to judge an individual circumstance.

I do believe that majority of the allegations are true. There are many people who would throw fake allegations. But it's my hunch that they cannot be the majority. I agree with you on that. But if I am given an individual case, I am not going to judge either of these people unless proven with good evidence. It's downright wrong. Anyway, what statistics in Iceland are you talking about? How can anyone even collect statistics when there is no evidence?

Trying to make money is probably a very little part of it. From the fake allegations I have seen, it's mostly to exact revenge for something else that might have caused enmity. Some do it just to seek attention. Again, I don't believe that these people are majority. But there are still a good number of such people for me to be careful when it comes to believing such allegations.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I mean rape numbers in this country are a joke anyway.

1.6% of reported rapes earn a charge but the Home Office believes only 0.96% are actually false allegations.

Even if you’re a regular citizen the odds are on your side if you’re a rapist.
Yes. That's sad. We definitely need some way to easily collect evidences to prove someone is guilty. Pretty sure technology can help here. Not exactly sure how though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes. That's sad. We definitely need some way to easily collect evidences to prove someone is guilty. Pretty sure technology can help here. Not exactly sure how though.

There’s not enough money for the police to use DNA testing a lot of the time.

This is a result of Government funding cuts but many forces can only afford to send evidence for testing off in cases they’re absolutely sure will lead to a conviction.

Depressingly that’s unlikely to change, so for the foreseeable future the majority of rapists in this country will be free to walk the streets.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ronaldo - Rapist
Messi - Tax dodger. If he wasn't famous he would have been thrown behind bars
Onana - Doping
Aurier - Has a suspended prison sentence

They should all be arrested. Prison FC should take no mercy on them.

That being said they had some great teams back in the days. Akon - Locked Up being their crowd pleasing song.

Not sure Onana can be throw in with some of the other guys on the list. Lad probably loves a joint.

Wasn’t Quincy Promes arrested for “allegedly” stabbing someone?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s got a point on how uneducated most of these guys are.

They’re all pulled out of proper education before 16 and do a couple of hours of basic skills in the afternoon.

Gone are the days when you’d have guys like Socrates becoming doctors as a player.

What’s stupid about that statement?! If these footballers learn the basic skills which some of them lack then they wouldn’t need to rely solely on an agent for most of their needs and career advice.

Look what Arsène said about these so called agents:

Football has been on a downward spiral and has felt dead since agents started to have a bigger influence in player contracts and then decided they wanted a bigger slice of their deal. Players don’t have the acumen to negotiate contracts so they’ve taken the easy route to rely heavily on their agents for everything career related.

It’s not only football tho, it also applies to other sports too. Not sure if you’re aware of Dennis Schroder in the NBA and the reported $84m deal he rejected probably due to bad advice, only to settle for $5.9m a few months later.

:facepalm:
If you expect a footballer to negotiate multi-million deals against football clubs and big brands like Nike and Adidas without an agent then I dunno want to tell you. Having an agent makes them smart not stupid.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you expect a footballer to negotiate multi-million deals against football clubs and big brands like Nike and Adidas without an agent then I dunno want to tell you. Having an agent makes them smart not stupid.

That wasn’t my initial point though. Do they need an agent to be involved in everything and have that much influence? For example, are they really necessary in contract renewals as Arsène was mentioning in that article above? The prime example of this is Wilfried Zaha who keeps on changing his agent clearly out of frustration of him signing a long term deal and not getting his big move but he can only blame himself in that situation.

I’m not even hating of these agents, I actually respect their grind.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
That wasn’t my initial point though. Do they need an agent to be involved in everything and have that much influence? For example, are they really necessary in contract renewals as Arsène was mentioning in that article above? The prime example of this is Wilfried Zaha who keeps on changing his agent clearly out of frustration of him signing a long term deal and not getting his big move but he can only blame himself in that situation.

I’m not even hating of these agents, I actually respect their grind.
Of course they’re necessary in contracts renewals lol are you serious? If it’s about money then you would need an agent because the clubs hire agents and lawyers too and you’ll be negotiating with people way out of your league.

Having an agent is the logical move to make I dunno why you think that makes players stupid.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Said for a while that a “Me Too” moment is well overdue in football.

Done work at a couple of lower level clubs around ballers and some of the way they carry on is mad.

Been long in the reckoning.

Yh not sure why it’s surprising anymore, basically any industry where men have a lot of power you might as well assume there’s sexual abuse going on, and if you don’t see it it’s just not been revealed yet.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Of course they’re necessary in contracts renewals lol are you serious? If it’s about money then you would need an agent because the clubs hire agents and lawyers too and you’ll be negotiating with people way out of your league.

Having an agent is the logical move to make I dunno why you think that makes players stupid.

So, how did players in the past survive without agents having that much influence? Have things changed that much? Mans trying to make it as if they’re brokering multimillion pound Nike deals everyday.

“I have no problem with remunerating an agent who makes me a great deal: when Marc Roger and Jean-François Larios brought me Patrick Vieira to Arsenal (in 1996), when he was on the verge of sign at Ajax, I was happy to pay them. On the other hand, when I have to pay an agent because his player extends his contract, I am not convinced that he has done that much.”

Posted this already but Arsène said he’s not convinced that these agents do much in contract renewals. These man do everything in their best interests to secure the bag and then these players realise that they can’t get their dream move and start crying to the media.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Also not saying accusations are always true, cos I’m guessing that’s factually incorrect, but I’m also guessing most people wouldn’t in their right mind make an accusation if it wasn’t true, because victims get a ton of sh*t, especially if the abuser is a famous person with fans. The fact so many victims never even come forward suggests it’s a process they do reluctantly, not gleefully.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also not saying accusations are always true, cos I’m guessing that’s factually incorrect, but I’m also guessing most people wouldn’t in their right mind make an accusation if it wasn’t true, because victims get a ton of sh*t, especially if the abuser is a famous person with fans. The fact so many victims never even come forward suggests it’s a process they do reluctantly, not gleefully.

Yeah I said above the Home Office when it last published numbers believed 0.96% of all allegations are false.

Obviously that doesn’t mean the other 99% are all guilty but the justice system is on it’s knees with no funding for the CPS or Police to take them all to trial. Leaves us with a country where majority of rape cases go unpunished.

Top Bottom