• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 15th, January | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1177642092-1.jpg

This is a big one. Probably our most crucial NLD in years. We need a win at WHL! Simple as that, really. But we need to play it smart and not play into their hands like we did last season when we got overly excited. Thankfully, Thankfully, Cedric and Holding are not starting this time around and this team has grown in the past year.

We control the temple and pin them back and don't make any silly mistakes in the back, I reckon we take all 3 points.

Screenshot-20230110-060357.png

Screenshot-20230110-060415.png

Screenshot-20230110-060434.png

Screenshot-20230110-060452.png

The lineup picks itself really.
279e5bf0-fe13-474b-9596-ac7e6ab182e9.png

Prediction
Sp**s 0-1 Arsenal

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I have also said that anything can still happen still, and this team can fall short in the end. So you could still technically say that my words are over the top.

What I based my opinion on was the technical work that this team was doing. In the way it played its football on the pitch (as far back as preseason), to the level of tactical planning and execution. The recruitment level (Zinchenko, Jesus), the versatility of the player (White, Tomiyasu, etc), to the dominate foot vs position played, suggested that this team had something different. And what's worse, is that I continue to learn something new about this team... to this day.

Lets see how the season plays out. I maintain this view regardless though. And the best part is... this team is still developing. Its not even at its peak yet.
Nice job! I couldn't go as far as to predict challenge for the title for this season. Assumed it will be the one after.

These are from March 2022:
The problem is that Arteta Outers will start parading at the moment we finish 5th, complaining why doesn't the board fire him, all over the summer and next season. Everyone knows Arteta will get an extension now no matter what, even if we finish 6th. They will try to infect the forum with their own constant migraine.

Maybe the expectations can change somewhat naturally, but him getting such an upturn in the team performances and results for over a year, makes finishing 5th great anyway. The team is very young, and if they can't handle the run-in mentally, the blame can't be totally on Arteta.
Only thing going down the drain if we don't finish 4th is your brain.

I would understand if a United fan says everything will go down the drain if they don't finish 4th, because they have invested a lot in this season to try for the title and UCL, and will lose important players for free, like Pogba. And they need a rebuild, again.

But no, with us everything won't go down the drain if we don't finish 4th. Our young squad has grown together, players adjusted to EPL and our game has improved all the time which will continue next season.

Maybe now you understand why your words were so ridiculous to me.
You're proving instantly what I said about Arteta Outers using 5th spot against him if we finish there. You even say it's not defensible in any way, so if we do finish there, this thread will be a migraine factory for everyone involved like so many times before. :lol:

Anyway, finishing 4th next season won't be that much harder than this season (like you said). We will buy two top players in any case, and have had a great squad overhaul.

Sp**s and United both need a rebuild still, and our youngsters are a year older, and most players have already adjusted to the EPL and the team. We are in a strong position if we finish top 5 and get some Europe money.
Sounds like a way to get more constant complaining here to expect non-stop overperforming from Arteta in the short term.

Next season top 4 again is enough, because we will have a couple new players adjusting to the team and the league and the team is still young. While City and Liverpool march on.

After that I agree that we should aim for the title, and expect better.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Tactically Arteta set out the team exactly the same as in May last season. Man marking them all over the pitch. Remember when Holding chased Son deep into their half? This time I saw Saliba doing the same thing.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Why’d they blur his accomplices? They should be banned too.
Because they didn't kick Ramsdale. Imagine if your friend was a dickhead on a regular occasion and decided to kick a football player at a match... you're sitting beside him, he's still your friend, but his actions don't reflect badly on you.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Because they didn't kick Ramsdale. Imagine if your friend was a dickhead on a regular occasion and decided to kick a football player at a match... you're sitting beside him, he's still your friend, but his actions don't reflect badly on you.

I get what you’re saying. But birds of a feather and all that….
(Ps. Youre right tho, I’m friends with some unpredictable dickheads too)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If my best friend was a Sp**s' fan and kicked Arsenal's goalkeeper, then I would have no problem ratting him out to the police and sleeping with his gal.

#ClubOverEverything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom