• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 12th November | KO: 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_GettyImages-1023009902-1.jpg

Tonight's game was a disappointing performance. We have to dust ourselves up. The little lads gave it a good go.

Screenshot-20221109-225146.png

Screenshot-20221109-225216.png

Screenshot-20221109-225233.png

Screenshot-20221109-225455.png

The team picks itself
39288ff0-08e9-4147-a5a0-64a6020e6cc9.png

Prediction

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal.

Tom Mix

Zinchenko is not justfying being played ahead of Tierney at the moment. I appreciate he has been injured, so wean him back. Give him 30 minutes or so. Not only does it not help our cause if he is rusty and making mistakes, it also pisses off Tierney who could well leave in the summer and cause us an unnecessary problem.

He (Zinchenko) started off well but has dropped off a bit and we should be playing form and not reputation.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
@SA Gunner ‘s boy has put up an analysis of the game. Have to say Wolves did really well to stifle us in the first half. We kind of said it during the game tbh, @yorch44 was screaming for more width / overlapping fullbacks and Tets made the changes at half time.

Similar in concept, a different way to execute it. It worked. But we definitely needed to exploit wings. But to me, we will need a winger/attacker for matches like this.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Some of these new stats these days do sound hilarious...

Wolverhampton-0-0.6-2.0-2-Arsenal.png

..."Expected Threat Created", is that supposed to mean expected expected goals :lol:

"zone 14 touches" and "final third entries" ffs! And what the **** is field tilt? This some made up ****!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Jayramfootball is spot on, it’s being behind the ball that makes the Wolves playing inside, and furthermore I’d say that a check was required for the penalty appeal from Wolves.

But once again it feeds into the narrative that Arsenal are lucky to be where they are and can’t be classified as performing as an elite team so far this season.

Of course the arguments about us falling off going forward deserve a listen, but it’s always useful to understand the source, especially the emotional source, of these arguments.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Some of these new stats these days do sound hilarious...

Wolverhampton-0-0.6-2.0-2-Arsenal.png

..."Expected Threat Created", is that supposed to mean expected expected goals :lol:

Jokes aside, these statistics show me how dominant we were in the day and how we deserved to win. That in addition to the actual eye test.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Nice analysis. The heading might be over the top but nice video.

Its all great. For me the eye catcher is the movement in transition. Players move forward off the ball which puts the defenders in doubt. Do i close down the ball and risk an Arsenal player going in behind? And from us there is no doubt. We trust the person on the ball, no matter who it is, and we make the run for him. Of course when you lose the ball in transition it looks very dangerous and it will go wrong a few times. But the payoff is massive as you are unstoppable in transition and get out of your own defensive third with ease.

BIoodBrother

Re Zinchenko: Maybe I am being Tierney biased but surely the nonchalance and defensive incapability at times must be a factor as much as the coolness to demand the pass and move inside and forward without fear, when Tets decides to play a Left Back.
He seems by far the most arrogant player on our pitch. He celebrates as if he was with the club for ages, has his gym look like the Emirates and this confuses me a bit as well because it seems a bit PR to love the badge after 3 months as much, so I probably don't trust him fully but I wouldn't mind all that off pitch things, if I didn't deem almost all of his performances sloppy.
The way he didn't give everything running back after his mistake to gift Wolves a good chance was more of a problem, than the mistake itself. I was fairly happy, Ramsdale addressed that. Zinchenko seems to have a rappers attitude, trying to stay cool at all times.

I really pleaded for him in the transfer window, now he's the only player I constantly feel uncomfortable with. I really do hope he proves me wrong and when biased I tend to overlook important contributions as a given (saying things like "sure he's one of the best technical LBs in the league but" or "sure he contributed to the goal but") but (and here I go again) I see a CM playing LB (with obvious flaws) instead of a LB that has the capacity to play CM in him. A Defender still needs to be a warrior. If he's being nutmegged, he turns around and hunts down the player. He has no pride or he takes his pride in having a never give up attitude like Tierney or Tomiyasu. That's not the case with this guy, is it?

Edit: he seems fairly good on his wolves compilation video
and probably brings a relaxedness that I undervalue.
I'd be happy to listen to some pro Zinny arguments from you guys too.

Last edited:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Zinchenko pretty much plays as an auxiliary midfielder - it's a very clear tactic from Arteta and it's the way he wants the left side to operate. KT is a traditional LB who will provide overlap and width but that is not the way Arteta wants to play on that left hand side.

I think discussions on Zinchenko and Tierney need to be viewed through this lens. Arteta will pick Zinny 10/10 times over KT for this reason alone; this is why we are seeing Tomi playing at LB ahead of KT. Interestingly, it is Ben White on the right hand side who has license to overlap and provide width.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Re Zinchenko: Maybe I am being Tierney biased but surely the nonchalance and defensive incapability at times must be a factor as much as the coolness to demand the pass and move inside and forward without fear, when Tets decides to play a Left Back.
He seems by far the most arrogant player on our pitch. He celebrates as if he was with the club for ages, has his gym look like the Emirates and this confuses me a bit as well because it seems a bit PR to love the badge after 3 months as much, so I probably don't trust him fully but I wouldn't mind all that off pitch things, if I didn't deem almost all of his performances sloppy.
The way he didn't give everything running back after his mistake to gift Wolves a good chance was more of a problem, than the mistake itself. I was fairly happy, Ramsdale addressed that. Zinchenko seems to have a rappers attitude, trying to stay cool at all times.

I really pleaded for him in the transfer window, now he's the only player I constantly feel uncomfortable with. I really do hope he proves me wrong and when biased I tend to overlook important contributions as a given (saying things like "sure he's one of the best technical LBs in the league but" or "sure he contributed to the goal but") but (and here I go again) I see a CM playing LB (with obvious flaws) instead of a LB that has the capacity to play CM in him. A Defender still needs to be a warrior. If he's being nutmegged, he turns around and hunts down the player. He has no pride or he takes his pride in having a never give up attitude like Tierney or Tomiyasu. That's not the case with this guy, is it?

Edit: he seems fairly good on his wolves compilation video
and probably brings a relaxedness that I undervalue.
I'd be happy to listen to some pro Zinny arguments from you guys too.
You weren't happy with his performances before his injury?

Zinny is the better passer. Tierney surprisingly hasn't dribbled at all, and has won no aerials. But Zinny is dribbled past much more, but being the better passer evens that out a bit because he doesn't lose possession as much.

In my opinion Arteta won't let Tierney go next summer like some suggest here. Only if there is some more defensive inverted LB with a short contract available, while we get a good offer for Tierney. Or there is some huge warchest to spend. Or they get Tielemans for free and that leaves money available for this position.

There has to be a LB who can nullify a team that has a top RW, because Zinchenko can be a problem in those matches. Tierney can be that player. Tomiyasu can too of course, but he is needed as the RB rotation until summer 2024 when hopefully Norton-Cuffy is ready.

Press "Toggle per 90" for everything.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You weren't happy with his performances before his injury?

Zinny is the better passer. Tierney surprisingly hasn't dribbled at all, and has won no aerials. But Zinny is dribbled past much more, but being the better passer evens that out a bit because he doesn't lose possession as much.

In my opinion Arteta won't let Tierney go next summer like some suggest here. Only if there is some more defensive inverted LB with a short contract available, while we get a good offer for Tierney. Or there is some huge warchest to spend. Or they get Tielemans for free and that leaves money available for this position.

There has to be a LB who can nullify a team that has a top RW, because Zinchenko can be a problem in those matches. Tierney can be that player. Tomiyasu can too of course, but he is needed as the RB rotation until summer 2024 when hopefully Norton-Cuffy is ready.

Press "Toggle per 90" for everything.

He was superb from the off but there was defo a sloppy performance after that I remember - maybe he was carrying an injury? Which is the only reason I brought it up again. Overall very happy with him and it feels like nitpicking. But we don't have much to grumble about these days.

I dont see it as Zinny Vs KT, as many have said it purely seems a tactical thing. Would be great to have a fit KT during fixture congestion towards the latter part of the season. Remember this is a man whose knee collapsed as he stepped out of the shower last season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He was superb from the off but there was defo a sloppy performance after that I remember - maybe he was carrying an injury? Which is the only reason I brought it up again. Overall very happy with him and it feels like nitpicking. But we don't have much to grumble about these days.

I dont see it as Zinny Vs KT, as many have said it purely seems a tactical thing. Would be great to have a fit KT during fixture congestion towards the latter part of the season. Remember this is a man whose knee collapsed as he stepped out of the shower last season.
I forgot to say that the last two games are not the best time to evaluate Zinchenko after his injury and long absence. And even then we won those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom