• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday, April 20 | KO: 19:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also I was pretty convinced we would win the league this season or next, especially after the City draw...but now I don't believe that anymore, the manner of the Villa defeat (they got pretty outplayed by Lille, and we couldn't get the ball of them at all in the second half) has ended all trust I have in this team to see out something.

I would we do win stuff, but I will never believe again and won't until we prove we can deal with the pressure...feel even if City drop points in the next 6, so will we sadly...something still feels "soft" about us, and I have no idea how the club can fix it...it's just us since this stadium move.

Wolves 2 Arsenal 1

@A_G

xhAfZW.gif

@A_G me right now...

OEO6C5PWGb1Hh7jB73a3jKwk-78=.gif

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
We haven't won the league in 20 years. We've never won the Champions League. Context. A team which has 6 out of the 7 players who have played most minutes in the league goes to a difficult ground playing our sixth game in three weeks against a fresh team who have beaten City, Sp uds and Chelsea at home is not expected to smash them. That is unfair and unrealistic pressure. They've done a great job today, just rejoice.

We finished 2nd last season and challenging again. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world. There is never a reason to fear a small club, ever. I’m not saying anything against the players, they did good. Just fans who go about nervous of every small team out there. It’s embarrassing.
We whoop the small teams every week that’s the standard.

Riou

We haven't won the league in 20 years. We've never won the Champions League. Context. A team which has 6 out of the 7 players who have played most minutes in the league goes to a difficult ground playing our sixth game in three weeks against a fresh team who have beaten City, Sp uds and Chelsea at home is not expected to smash them. That is unfair and unrealistic pressure. They've done a great job today, just rejoice.

Nah, we needed to win something this year in my opinion.

Should have won the FA cup and after the way we went out to an understrength Liverpool, we needed to win the league (especially after the City draw)

We are not as big as United, Liverpool, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, etc...but we are right in the next level below them, 31 major honours is no joke.

Should be some pressure on us to win things now, especially after the spend these past 3 seasons.

Tom Mix

We finished 2nd last season and challenging again. We are one of the biggest clubs in the world. There is never a reason to fear a small club, ever. I’m not saying anything against the players, they did good. Just fans who go about nervous of every small team out there. It’s embarrassing.
Wolves are not a small club. They've beaten City and Sp uds and Chelsea there this season. Respect is the first step towards beating opponents. it's not fear, it's common sense. The opposite is arrogance. It is not true to say we (or any other big team) whoop small teams at their grounds every week. It's vainglorious and in no way relates to reality.

Riou

Saliba and Gabriel looked back to their usual standard today which is key, any chance of winning the league is on their shoulders really.

And if Raya wins the golden glove then he should split it in half and give it to his 2 CBs, imo 😅

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Wolves are not a small club. They've beaten City and Sp uds and Chelsea there this season. Respect is the first step towards beating opponents. it's not fear, it's common sense. The opposite is arrogance. It is not true to say we (or any other big team) whoop small teams at their grounds every week. It's vainglorious and in no way relates to reality.

Upsets can happen (though definitely not when Wolves are missing players), but you still have to be 100% confident against small clubs. Do you think the Invincibles ever feared a small club? Never.

Tom Mix

Upsets can happen (though definitely not when Wolves are missing players), but you still have to be 100% confident against small clubs. Do you think the Invincibles ever feared a small club? Never.
The Invincibles were one dodgy penalty away (at Pompey) from not being Invincibles. Let's know our history. And the Invincibles got dumped out of FA Cup and Champions League within four days. We create our myths as a club, but we can't lose touch with reality.

I don't fear anyone. But I respect everyone.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The Invincibles were one dodgy penalty away (at Pompey) from not being Invincibles. Let's know our history. And the Invincibles got dumped out of FA Cup and Champions League within four days. We create our myths as a club, but we can't lose touch with reality.

I don't fear anyone. But I respect everyone.

Gonna have to disagree. I have huge standards. We need to be the best. Only respect big teams. Crush everyone else. That’s how we used to do it.

Plutarch

I'm pleased and also relieved at our win today. After our very disappointing week I wouldn't have been that surprised to lose an away game in the league. Our confidence could have taken a beating from the Villa and Bayern games. Instead, we put in a good, confident performance. Didn't score enough of our chances, which is a problem recently, but still a positive performance that we can take into the Chelsea game.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Good win but left it a bit late. Controlled the game completely.

What’s annoying is I found us a bit arrogant in attack. Almost every player is holding on to the ball just a fraction too long which packs the box and we end up with for example all of Rice, White, Øde and Saka in the top right corner of the box. Too crowded and Rice tried to lob the ball over defenders. Ode’s goal was another example of arrogance. Who doesn’t shoot there instead of trying a cutback? And the issue Is I think almost everyone in the team would try the cutback.

Thrice

Nah, we needed to win something this year in my opinion.

Should have won the FA cup and after the way we went out to an understrength Liverpool, we needed to win the league (especially after the City draw)

We are not as big as United, Liverpool, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, etc...but we are right in the next level below them, 31 major honours is no joke.

Should be some pressure on us to win things now, especially after the spend these past 3 seasons.
I can tolerate not winning a trophy this year. I think the important thing these last two years was to establish ourselves in the top 4 again and become a legit title contender again.

Next step will be actually winning a trophy, but as long as every season feels like progress I'm fine with waiting a couple years.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Sometimes you've got to win ugly. They all count.

What're you on about? Those ugly wins are the best!!

They're the ones that keep opposition fans; sat home in their crusty, no longer tidy whities, glued to their seats railing at our supposed luck in getting undeserved points until our next match rolls around :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It's true, saka can put in a 1/10 and won't get subbed because we have no alternative. And if the CF is playing bad odds are the sub option will be just as bad. Since Jesus can't score and Kai is Kai and Eddie hasn't scored from the bench in what 25 straight games? lol
Yup; right now we need quite a few players considering the size of each window and how many years into a rebuild we are. I mean how; how does he buy Havertz on those wages for 65million? And the Jesus and Zinny buy looking worse and worse. These three have hurt us this year for all that money

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Everyone has a different reaction to stress lol.

There’s a thin line between respect and fear. One thing I like about us that I used to hate under the latter years of Wenger is we earn the right to win every game by making sure we do the basics right.

The nerves, like the jitters in the Villa game, don’t have anything to do with the teams we’re facing they are to do with the team we are challenging, who are on a 29 game unbeaten run and have won it 3 times in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom