• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro-Evo/FIFA 13

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Just played a guy online who's Man City team had a rating:

Att:99 Mid:92 Def:91

Luckily he was **** and I tonked him, but these stats seem awfully doctored to me! If I played a good player I'd imagine that team is fairly unstoppable.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Dembele is ridiculously good on this. High workrate, good technically and big enough that he doesn't hand the ball back to the opposition at the first sign of aggression. Not to mention how he seems to dribble through entire midfields with ease.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Is it me or are Barca pretty ****? No pace in their entire side and because they can't get down the sides you just pressure the middle and they fold like a cheap tent.

Depends what type of player you are, I'm good at dribbling (not skill moves) so I weave through or turn round players and through ball someone like Pedro. Pedro + Tello is good if you just want pace, Tello's got 90+

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I was talking about playing against them. I'm OK with them, win more than I lose, but they're easy to beat with any reasonable defensive unit like ManUre, Madrid, Bayern or even Dortmund. Just pressure the middle, win the ball and break on them.

Just beat Barca 3-0 with Cruz Azul ffs!

musicmonkey

Established Member
AFC-Phil said:
Dembele is ridiculously good on this. High workrate, good technically and big enough that he doesn't hand the ball back to the opposition at the first sign of aggression. Not to mention how he seems to dribble through entire midfields with ease.
I've just sold him on Ultimate Team, couldn't get a decent performance out of him sadly, his first touch was awful. Decent if you want someone cheap but i replaced him with inform Sissoko who's a bit of a monster. I tip anyone to try Suarez, he hasn't got the pace of other players but his dribbling is amazing. Far better than the Tevez i had before him and now he's taking Van Persie's place he's that good.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
PSV is the best 4 star team in the game for seasons mode, imo. i find myself always playing against corinthians or sao paolo and i consistently smack them around. good pace, decent keeper, competent back 4, great attack.

serial disconnectors really piss me off though, and they really need to eliminate rain/snow. it feels like 95% of the games i play with rainy conditions result in terrible lag times

Herbas

Can you recommend a good mobile all-round midfielder younger than 26-27? I have Wilshere and Vidal, need a third one.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Question about the online game mode.

Does anyone know if the system "punishes" you for winning games? Reason I ask is because I played 6 wins in a row earlier, winning the last game 8-0. After the 8-0 game, I played another player where I lost 2-0 (I was Madrid vs Barca), he had 2 shots total and scored both to my 27 (15 on target), the next game I lost 1-0 to 4 shots (3 shots on target) versus my 33 (19 on target) (!!) (I was Athletic Bilbao vs Liverpool). I dominated every other aspect such as possession etc as well.

I thought I'd noticed it before but this was so blatant I had to ask.

Anyone got any experience of this? Annoying if true, I'd rather not benefit from someone else's win streak, equally I don't want to be punished for beating other players.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i can normally tell early on when i hit the post twice in the first 15 minutes and he is miraculously able to clear the ball that im probably not going to win. then its normally followed by a through ball to a player who looks blatantly offside and the rest is history

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It's called momentum (officially these days I think). You don't necessarily need to be winning games before, there's a number of possible reasons to trigger it against you, usually in big games like cup finals, matches where relegation/promotion is possible etc.

It's the main reason why I barely play these days, the same scenarios that you described have happened to me so often that I can't get any joy out of the game anymore. I found out that several post/bar hits in a match that's 0-0 until the 80th minute is almost guaranteed to end in a loss. Deadly finishers who for no reason completely **** their shot up, players who stop dead in their tracks for no reason, defenders who move forward to leave the opposition striker offside several seconds after the through ball passed above them, you name it, all types of ridiculous **** happens if the game decides that you'll lose the next match.

I'm not a sore loser, and actually even profited from the stupid programming a few times myself, but there's no point in playing a game where you cannot control crucial parts to it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Sucks if true, I don't mind losing if I've been outplayed, I just don't want to miss loads of easy chances due to pre-scripting. So frustrating.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Also getting sick of people quitting out when they're getting beaten. You don't get any bonus for forcing it (the submission/quit out or whatever you want to call it) and it doesn't look like there is a penalty for "losing connection", even though it always happens after the goal is scored.

Losing my patience with this game big time.

On another note, if anyone wants a game then add me on PS3 under DJ_Markstar

WengerFaithful

DJ_Markstar said:
Also getting sick of people quitting out when they're getting beaten. You don't get any bonus for forcing it (the submission/quit out or whatever you want to call it) and it doesn't look like there is a penalty for "losing connection", even though it always happens after the goal is scored.

Losing my patience with this game big time.

On another note, if anyone wants a game then add me on PS3 under DJ_Markstar

I know on FUT mode the 'Quitter' is punished via a reduction on his next playing coins bonus and are also then paired for future matches with other quitters and you lose the match and contracts for what ever players played. I know this because I was having trouble with my wifi and dropped connection a few times and a message appeared when I got going again.

I dont personally believe their is scripting but like you guys I have played matches where you cant hit a barn door or defend - but be also mindful that if you have played a couple of matches in a row and not managed your teams fitness that those same players will under perform. A striker with a rating of 83 will play like a striker rated 80 if he is on low fitness and your RB wont make overlapping runs that your used to etc.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
jones said:
It's called momentum (officially these days I think). You don't necessarily need to be winning games before, there's a number of possible reasons to trigger it against you, usually in big games like cup finals, matches where relegation/promotion is possible etc.

It's the main reason why I barely play these days, the same scenarios that you described have happened to me so often that I can't get any joy out of the game anymore. I found out that several post/bar hits in a match that's 0-0 until the 80th minute is almost guaranteed to end in a loss. Deadly finishers who for no reason completely **** their shot up, players who stop dead in their tracks for no reason, defenders who move forward to leave the opposition striker offside several seconds after the through ball passed above them, you name it, all types of ridiculous **** happens if the game decides that you'll lose the next match.

I'm not a sore loser, and actually even profited from the stupid programming a few times myself, but there's no point in playing a game where you cannot control crucial parts to it.

Noticed this so much recently it's a disgrace, I'll have Badstuber + Hummels in defence only for them to decide to walk in front despite me hassling the striker with a DM like Bender.

What I'm also getting really pis**d off is how if I'm running for the ball and I somehow get held back or something then try to win it back cleanly and the opposition get the foul. Another stupid thing is when I come in from behind on a 75 degree angle (fine if you get the ball in the real world), yet won't touch their legs and get the ball but they'll somehow get the penalty. The system sums it up by not giving me a card for it either, a load of ****

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i think im just about done with fifa. ea really has dropped the ball in a number of areas.

* the game requires no skill. you just need to load your team with fast players, smash the turbo button, and hit the through pass every time. its basically nba jam on grass.

* the tackling/foul setup is a joke. again, smash the turbo, go flying in to the player, 9 out of 10 teams it isnt called a foul and you are in clear on goal

* the newest thing for me is my passes end up going to the wrong guy, even though i am clearly aiming them at the player they are intended for

the tackling thing is what drives me absolutely nuts. the game isnt even fun to play anymore. i only like ultimate team because i was a huge baseball card collector when i was a kid, and the idea of buying/selling cards is enjoyable. the actual gameplay is horrendous

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I just played a player who was playing as Real Madrid, except instead of Higuain he had "Player1" as his forward. Thought it must be a glitch.

Then I played another player who was playing as Arsenal, except with Stevan Jovetic up front.

Since when does online mode allow hacked teams?

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom