• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro-Evo/FIFA 13

MaestroCesc

blaze_of_glory said:
So is it true that you don't need to pay extra for form updates anymore? All major leagues updated for free?

For Fifa 13 I mean.
Ye it used to be free, but then the moneygrabbers expected us to pay for a few stat changes every week...

thedon5

jones said:
Looking forward to the usual * stats on FIFA, trying their best every year to rob us off that five star rating. Bet we'll see something like Jenkinson 60 pace & stamina and Koscielny 78.

PES isn't anything better by the way, just saw that they had Betis ******* Sevilla rated higher than Atlético. :lol:

Worse, Koscielny has 74 pace :lol: . Kaboul has higher pace.

I personally find it funnier how Liverpool are so much better than us in FIFA 13. Even ****ing Assaidi looks better than Ox for example.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
I think PES this year is fantastic! Been playing it all weekend!

Looks like it is, hadn't given the game much thought but my roommate urged me to try the new one out and it's pretty good. Might just play PES this year as FIFA's gone a bit stale for me now.

jerome2158

Established Member
anyone played the full game yet?

Quite good. I really think they did a great job improving the defending.

(Plus you can unlock our classic kit from the 70s! Something I've wanted for years.)

blaze_of_glory

thedon5 said:
jones said:
Looking forward to the usual * stats on FIFA, trying their best every year to rob us off that five star rating. Bet we'll see something like Jenkinson 60 pace & stamina and Koscielny 78.

PES isn't anything better by the way, just saw that they had Betis ******* Sevilla rated higher than Atlético. :lol:

Worse, Koscielny has 74 pace :lol: . Kaboul has higher pace.

I personally find it funnier how Liverpool are so much better than us in FIFA 13. Even ******* Assaidi looks better than Ox for example.

I've heard that a bunch of the developers are 'Pool fans and thats why they are always rated so well despite being **** for years. Just a rumour though.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Still can't decide which I should go for this year, PES looks clearly superior, but I love me some manager mode, and that ****ing magic boots thingy looks a huge turn off. Plus all of my * friends are die hard FIFA fans, no footie nights for me if I go for PES... damn, I need to decide, and quick :lol:

blaze_of_glory

I'm liking Fifa 13 quite a bit so far. Seems more refined than Fifa 12, with the tactical defending/tackling being more natural in how it operates and therefore both more realistic looking and more effective. Passing seems a bit better too, and I really like how players actually make runs now. Still could make better runs but it is an improvement over last year for sure.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
jones said:
Still can't decide which I should go for this year, PES looks clearly superior, but I love me some manager mode, and that ******* magic boots thingy looks a huge turn off. Plus all of my * friends are die hard FIFA fans, no footie nights for me if I go for PES... damn, I need to decide, and quick :lol:

This has been the biggest dillema in my life for the past 2 weeks and i am still no closer to deciding.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Pre-ordered FIFA 13, so should have it in the mail by tomorrow. I usually skip a year buying the game. In my opinion the improvements are too poor to buy it every year; it's become kind of a principle thing now. :p

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Kroket said:
I think PES this year is fantastic! Been playing it all weekend!

Looks like it is, hadn't given the game much thought but my roommate urged me to try the new one out and it's pretty good. Might just play PES this year as FIFA's gone a bit stale for me now.

I agree, PES is much less predictable than FIFA IMO. Pro's technical gaming level is at a much higher standard to FIFA.

FIFA's kit licensing can't be rivalled though, its a bit annoying having to download all the English kits bar one or two.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
jones said:
Still can't decide which I should go for this year, PES looks clearly superior, but I love me some manager mode, and that ******* magic boots thingy looks a huge turn off. Plus all of my * friends are die hard FIFA fans, no footie nights for me if I go for PES... damn, I need to decide, and quick :lol:

Master League on PES13 is brilliant, if you like manager mode on FIFA you'll LOVE Master League on Pro. I recommend you go for it.

And if you fancy a challenge online (ps3), I'll pm you my ID ;)

Important notice:
Only add me if you are fine with constant defeats.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Master League, brilliant? Deciding which player gets to wear which boots before every game? Don't know, sounds anything but brilliant to me. But I'll let you know if I get it :wink:

Oh, and about the "constant defeats" thing - you don't have a clue how many times I've heard that already, you'll have to excuse my scepticism :D

jerome2158

Established Member
I think the fatal flaw in fifa13 is first touch. Every year the game has something that isn't right. 08 had impossible freekicks, 09 had toe pokes when through on goal, 10 made scoring off corners impossible, and 12 made defending impractical.

I mean come on, how can you defend properly when any touch sends the ball flying 10ft away back to an opponent?

spartandre217

Established Member
The first touch is a tad wonky I gotta say but it's not stopped me from playing the kind of game I like to play. It just requires a bit more patience, control, fore thought and a tiny bit of improvisation. Keep hold of the LB or R1 when controlling the ball also helps.

jerome2158

Established Member
oh it's absolutely not going to stop me from playing either. Love the game so far. It's just a bit annoying that every edition seems to have that one perky little thing that's just a bit off.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
jones said:
Master League, brilliant? Deciding which player gets to wear which boots before every game? Don't know, sounds anything but brilliant to me. But I'll let you know if I get it :wink:

Oh, and about the "constant defeats" thing - you don't have a clue how many times I've heard that already, you'll have to excuse my scepticism :D

:lol: you're seriously underestimating PES13's Master League. The player negotiations alone are enough to get your juices flowing. Plus, its very realistic. On FIFA Career mode everything is simplistic and repetitive.

Btw, if we do end up playing don't spread lies on the forum about you winning me, just be honest :) I will win. Every. Single. Game.

pro-gamer_design.png

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Btw, if we do end up playing don't spread lies on the forum about you winning me, just be honest :) I will win. Every. Single. Game.

Calm down mate, why the hell would anybody lie on the internet about winning a video game? :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
jones said:

Calm down mate, why the hell would anybody lie on the internet about winning a video game? :lol:

Why'd you think?

Top Bottom