• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro-Evo/FIFA 13

ArsenalDNA

How the fck does Oxlade have a weaker shot than Walcott?

He's on the cover and he's rated lower than Chamakh. Wtf is going on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the fifa 13 looks similar to fifa 12 but a bit better, i know the first touch looks so bad and its make bendtner first touch looks world class. the career mode is better in the player mode and in the manager mode, but there is stilll unreal transfers.

Like this Benzema To Chelsea for 22m. come on now benzema worth more then 22m.

dave_rwr

Established Member
I've really been enjoying FIFA 13 so far. I think my favourite changes have been in the Career Player Mode. With every version, I make my Virtual Pro (seriously, looks so much like me) and start a career with Arsenal. Yet I always had gripes with how (a) even though your player starts in the 60s, Arsenal never loaned you out, so you'd play sporadically against teams much better than your player and (b) you were never subbed, even if your stamina was dangerously low, often leading to stupid injuries.

This year they've fixed both of those areas. I've been loaned out to Walsall for the season, getting regular playing time against teams I can dominate with my lower rating and you get subbed if your player is too tired. Think it's a big improvement.

My biggest gripe with 13, funnily enough, is the voice of the guy who gives in-game updates of the other games around the league. For some reason, I find his voice so annoying and fake. Could definitely do without that.

blaze_of_glory

dave_rwr said:
I've really been enjoying FIFA 13 so far. I think my favourite changes have been in the Career Player Mode. With every version, I make my Virtual Pro (seriously, looks so much like me) and start a career with Arsenal. Yet I always had gripes with how (a) even though your player starts in the 60s, Arsenal never loaned you out, so you'd play sporadically against teams much better than your player and (b) you were never subbed, even if your stamina was dangerously low, often leading to stupid injuries.

This year they've fixed both of those areas. I've been loaned out to Walsall for the season, getting regular playing time against teams I can dominate with my lower rating and you get subbed if your player is too tired. Think it's a big improvement.

My biggest gripe with 13, funnily enough, is the voice of the guy who gives in-game updates of the other games around the league. For some reason, I find his voice so annoying and fake. Could definitely do without that.

Agreed, its annoying as hell. But I think you can turn off those updates in the menue diretly before each match (I keep forgetting though). Should be an option of which games you want updates on, and should be able to just unselect all of them.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Does anyone know when players on loan should return usually? It's been July 1st and I want to sell dross like Bendtner and Park to raise some money, but they still haven't returned?

dave_rwr

Established Member
Vinci said:
Does anyone know when players on loan should return usually? It's been July 1st and I want to sell dross like Bendtner and Park to raise some money, but they still haven't returned?

You've already played a full season??

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Vinci said:

Apparently there's some kind of bug which prevents players from returning to their club at the end of the season. I'd expect that to be fixed in an update.

In the end I caved in and got FIFA again as that's what most of my friends are playing, I'm such a weakling. Liking it so far though, teammate AI seems much improved and I actually think first touch is an excellent addition. It was all about pace and shot power in previous editions, good to see some love for technical abilities.

Also, Gervinho is ridiculously good on this.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
I seriously don't know how anybody can stand playing FIFA offline, it's the most rage inducing experience ever. The CPU cheating is unbearable, every single game the CPU finds a way to cheat.

They score goals that are impossible to defend against, like taking a goal kick that goes straight over your defence and into the path of a striker who leaves your defenders for dead. The way the game positions your defenders is a joke, they are always all over the place, never marking people etc.

They win every header, and I mean EVERY one. Midgets like Jermain Defoe consistently beat Vermaelen and Koscielny in the air from corners, goal kicks etc.

Every CPU clearance turns into a perfect 60 yard ball that their striker can take down under no pressure because your defenders are never marking him.

Their defenders all have super-human strength, speed and reactions... meaning it's almost impossible to hold the ball up, slot a through ball between two centre backs, or dribble past them with agile players like Cazorla.

Their passing is immense, the AI almost always finish the match with over 90% passing accuracy, even the weak teams like Norwich, West Brom etc. 60 yard long balls straight into the path of the wingers, who control it perfectly in their stride and send a perfect cross into a striker who your defenders are not marking.

Also, if you're winning by a narrow margin (1-0, 2-1 etc) with 10, 15 minutes to play, suddenly you are unable to do anything at all. They put you under the most intense pressure I've ever seen, puts Barcelona's pressing to shame... your players are all of a sudden completely unable to control the ball, literally every touch is poor making it impossible to keep possession for 5 seconds. Every clearance is rubbish and goes straight back to them, every loose ball goes back to them like it's magnetized or something, you tackle them but they still come out with the ball etc etc etc.

Can't cope with it, I'd love to know how some people play through career mode and actually enjoy it. It makes me rage like a 12 year old :x

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'm with you. FIFA against the CPU is not fun at all. Every team plays like Barca and even the smallest of mistakes gets punished by ridiculous passing play.

I never play FIFA offline. I only play it online with mates or against randoms.

Anyone here play Ultimate team? It's brilliant this year, they've added last years head-to-head seasons mode to it. Now you actually have a reason to build a good squad other than showing off online.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
I play Ultimate Team all the time, it's the best mode by far. I've always loved making coins by buying cards and selling them for a profit, I enjoy making coins/building a team more than actually playing the game.

I'm struggling to enjoy it as much this year though, the game play online is way way way way way waaaaay too fast. Almost every game I've played has been absolutely frantic, end to end play for 90 minutes. In my first 5 games I had a 5-4, a 4-4, another 4-4, a 7-1 and even a 6-6.

Also, I've noticed that if you're winning by a narrow margin or drawing up to the 75 minute mark, your players suddenly become unable to pass the ball to a team mate. Seriously, the amount of times I've conceded a 90th minute equaliser/winner because my players suddenly become unable to complete a basic pass to a team mate is amazing.

(P.S. buy Victor Moses on Ultimate Team, he's the best player on the game, no joke.)

Edit: Oh, not to mention the Ultimate Team seasons matchmaking doesn't work. I started off playing with a bronze team with 35 chemistry, got matched up against a guy with Robinho, Pato, Hulk, Kaka, Lucas, Jadson, Marcelo, Dede, Filipe Santana, Maicon and Julio Cesar.....

Needless to say, I lost that game :lol:

jerome2158

Established Member
the last 15 minutes scripting has got to be true, and a huge mistake by EA. In my career mode I've drawn 4 games, and all 4 were the result of goals scored between the 85th and 90th minute. Doesn't matter what i do, ultra attacking, ultra defensive...eventually a floating cross comes in, and my defenders are all rooted to the spot.

I'm close to switching back to legacy defending as well. I like this year's more than fifa12, but it's still too frustrating. Why is it that when they have the ball, i can have 2+ players hassling their guy and he doesn't miss a step, yet when podolski is on a break, even the slightest little knock sends the ball flying?

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Haven't been able to get the game yet, might get it today though. If anyone wants a game on ps3 give me a shout. Career mode annoys me greatly too but i'll probably give it a go at some point. I never better with UT though.

Proof

Established Member
Walcott's pace is deadly in FIFA. I play him as a striker in a 4-3-3 formation and start with Gervinho and Van Persie on the wings. I will probably buy FIFA 13 in the next days. The complete dribbling addition is great for the players with 'dribbler' speciality.

Players' contracts are annoying on Ultimate Team.

MaestroCesc

For H2H Seasons on UT does your team play a similar ranked team or is it random?

Lost my first match but now am in semi finals on bronze cup with random bronze players

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
For H2H Seasons on UT does your team play a similar ranked team or is it random?
Nope, it's completely random and unfair.

If you have a bronze team, you can get matched up with a 5 star team which is an absolute joke.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Kroket said:
Vinci said:

Apparently there's some kind of bug which prevents players from returning to their club at the end of the season. I'd expect that to be fixed in an update.

In the end I caved in and got FIFA again as that's what most of my friends are playing, I'm such a weakling. Liking it so far though, teammate AI seems much improved and I actually think first touch is an excellent addition. It was all about pace and shot power in previous editions, good to see some love for technical abilities.

Also, Gervinho is ridiculously good on this.

1342588857986.png

MaestroCesc

Just won the bronze tourney final, was 3-1 with 15 mins left and scored like 3 goals in 10 mins to win. It was hilarious especially as the guy had a proper team and was doing skills for most of match.

Anyone know any good players to flip, all the good ones for me last year dont work anymore

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm loving Fifa 13. The game play is superb, you need full attention to every detail as it acts exactly how you tell it to. The first touch addition has really made it feel like I'm watching a real match on t.v and anything that makes the game more realistic then I'm all for.

I've just been promoted to Div 6 with 4 titles in 5 seasons but I've found the competition really high in the last two divisions. I don't feel like there's a frantic pace online as some of you have mentioned, perhaps you just need to learn to keep the ball and defend better :). If you're playing against a good player online then it can take something really special to score so you really feel like celebrating every goal.

I'm about 15 games (all comps) into my career mode with Arsenal and having only signed Jovetic his stock has quickly risen from 83 to 86 but Giroud's been the one banging most of my goals in. Injuries have been annoying as I've had Diaby and Koscielny sitting three months on the sideline (both just got fit) and now have Cazorla out for four months with a broken tail-bone but is still a good addition I think to test out squad depth.

My major gripe is that the difference between professional and WC is too big. On pro I beat City 5-0 (though it was a flawless performance) and now that I've switched to WC I'm really struggling to pull out victories. I think you 'last 15 minute' conspiracy theorists are just bottlers. Never play UT. Anyone want a game on 360, PM me.

Top Bottom