• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro-Evo/FIFA 13

WengerFaithful

Fifa 13

I cant buy a win since I bought the game - work will have to be suspended via a sick call for the good of the game and my families sanity. I find the menu writing very small even with my HD's (glasses) on. Must do my homework like you guys.

blaze_of_glory

This is my favourite Fifa so far of the current generation editions. The little changes from last year make all the difference.

Though playing the computer can still be incredibly infuriating, it is nothing compared to Fifa 12 imo. I've actually been able to complete one season on Career mode and both my controlers are still in on piece. EA does need to find a way to make the game challenging without the CPU simply cheating though, they have never figured out how to do that. The instoppable headed goals are still a joke, especially as its damn near impossible to score them against the CPU.

spartandre217

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
I seriously don't know how anybody can stand playing FIFA offline, it's the most rage inducing experience ever. The CPU cheating is unbearable, every single game the CPU finds a way to cheat.

They score goals that are impossible to defend against, like taking a goal kick that goes straight over your defence and into the path of a striker who leaves your defenders for dead. The way the game positions your defenders is a joke, they are always all over the place, never marking people etc.

They win every header, and I mean EVERY one. Midgets like Jermain Defoe consistently beat Vermaelen and Koscielny in the air from corners, goal kicks etc.

Every CPU clearance turns into a perfect 60 yard ball that their striker can take down under no pressure because your defenders are never marking him.

Their defenders all have super-human strength, speed and reactions... meaning it's almost impossible to hold the ball up, slot a through ball between two centre backs, or dribble past them with agile players like Cazorla.

Their passing is immense, the AI almost always finish the match with over 90% passing accuracy, even the weak teams like Norwich, West Brom etc. 60 yard long balls straight into the path of the wingers, who control it perfectly in their stride and send a perfect cross into a striker who your defenders are not marking.

Also, if you're winning by a narrow margin (1-0, 2-1 etc) with 10, 15 minutes to play, suddenly you are unable to do anything at all. They put you under the most intense pressure I've ever seen, puts Barcelona's pressing to shame... your players are all of a sudden completely unable to control the ball, literally every touch is poor making it impossible to keep possession for 5 seconds. Every clearance is rubbish and goes straight back to them, every loose ball goes back to them like it's magnetized or something, you tackle them but they still come out with the ball etc etc etc.

Can't cope with it, I'd love to know how some people play through career mode and actually enjoy it. It makes me rage like a 12 year old :x

It is the most rage inducing thing ever to be perfectly honest. :lol:

What I did, since the CPU was quite clearly cheating is to take away 1-2 points off their speed and/or acceleration in CPU game customization. It was frankly ridiculous how players like Rickie Lambert would outrun fullbacks like Gibbs over a full 30 yards of the field :lol:

That's before we even talk about their ridiculous strength and jumping, players like Mata bullying Mertesacker in the air.

And although first touch has taken a bit of ability off these guys, the CPU plays like f***ing Barca half the time, imagine spending 2/3rds of a game chasing the ball back from f***ing Stoke, it's just ridiculous.

As for the last 10 minutes BS, yea it's real, too many games I've lost 1-0 or drawn 1-1 via unstoppable headed goals and crosses after playing keep-ball for ages. The Defoe example has happened to me twice, made me turn off my Xbox altogether and not play for the rest of a night.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Quite the opposite for me, offline I'm easily able to cope with the CPU. You simply adjust to the fact that the opponent is physically superior in every way possible, and outplay them by keeping the ball rolling and your players running into space. For me, it's the online CPU that does my head in. Playing against an opponent who clearly has no clue at all how to play, dominate him for the whole 90 minutes, hit the post umpteen times and then concede an unbelievably soft goal in injury time.

Have little hope that 13 will fix this, played only the offline mode though so far. Very high tempo, far more frantic than FIFA 12 which was already fast paced compared to PES or older FIFA games.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Scored a bicycle kick from outside the box with Sessegnon on Ultimate Team yesterday - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137592446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137592446</a>

Pretty sexy, even if it did take a deflection.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ferrari, since you play Ultimate Team, buy Taarabt!

He's cheap, decently quick, 5 star skills moves, incredible long shots and he can use both feet.

I mean look at THIS for **** sake :lol:

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Armor for Sleep said:
Oi Kroket we need to renew our rivalry from Fifa 11. Those were some intense games, defensive football at its finest!

Oh yeah they were fantastic games! Ultra-focused, extremely careful football where every mistake was ruthlessly punished. I always had sweaty palms afterwards, some of the toughest games I've ever played. Add Glast_92 on PSN, really looking forward to giving you another game sometime 8))

If anyone else wants to play feel free to add me.

blaze_of_glory

Anybody mess around with custom tactics in Fifa? I've been fiddling with it a bit for my career mode team (Vancouver Whitecaps), but I can't decide if its more advantageous to have fast build up play or a more slow, deliberate approach. Also don't know if its better to have risky or safe passing.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Kroket said:
Armor for Sleep said:
Oi Kroket we need to renew our rivalry from Fifa 11. Those were some intense games, defensive football at its finest!

Oh yeah they were fantastic games! Ultra-focused, extremely careful football where every mistake was ruthlessly punished. I always had sweaty palms afterwards, some of the toughest games I've ever played. Add Glast_92 on PSN, really looking forward to giving you another game sometime 8))

:lol: Will definitely add you and take you on again mate. Just need to get the game first, HMV didn't have any left!

dave_rwr

Established Member
I still find myself laughing whenever the commentator says "That was an interception that really worked for his team".

When is there ever an interception that doesn't work for your team?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

To be fair the first touch thing is pretty wack. Too often players with great technique can't control a simple pass, even playing it on the ground Santi Cazorla sometimes struggles to control simple passes.

(gif of Cazorla dropping the ball dead at Gervinho's feet against Southampton here) :)

MaestroCesc

13 is a joke, every game is like 5-3. Massive scripting too players miss open goals etc and then the other team goes up the other end and scores a much harder chance. Players do awful passes and you cant do anything when scripting is against you. Finding it hard to enjoy it especially as i just bought two players on UT but i cant get them...

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Yeah scoring goals seems a tad too easy to be honest, not uncommon for games to end up with 5+ goals. Been using Palermo for a couple of games and spamming high through balls to quick strikers like Abel Hernandez and Miccoli seems to guarantee at least 4-5 easy chances per game. Been on the other end of that type of goal as well, however I don't have as much time to play as I used to so maybe my defending just sucks. They've clearly toned down the finesse shot though so at least that's something.

jerome2158

Established Member
i think the most obvious is when you look at the highlights section at the end of the match

minutes 1-80- my own missed shots, my goals, and saves by the opponent.

minutes 80-90-save after save after save by my keeper, followed by a goal by the cpu.

thedon5

ferrarif50hunt said:
Scored a bicycle kick from outside the box with Sessegnon on Ultimate Team yesterday - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137592446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137592446</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty sexy, even if it did take a deflection.

Was that in an online UT match? I've always had trouble trying to save replays of online UT goals in FIFA 12, I was bloody pissed when I couldn't save my longshot from halfway with Özil :lol: .

Taarabt and Sessegnon are both equally beastly. They were two of my favourite players in FIFA 12, can't wait to try them in 13.

Really enjoying UT on FIFA 13, looks like it'll definitely keep my time. Career mode has been a bit boring as Arsenal, but I'll probably wait till the international offers start coming in before making full judgement. Might try a club which needs a bit more work. Bloody Ox and Szczesny are RVPing me!

Anyone keen for some UT games? I'm on PS3, PM me your IDs. Expect to get dominated.

Btw guys, we HAVE to make a FIFA 13 Arsenal-Mania club! I've been playing clubs, it's a very fun mode and having 11 guys who are actually trying to play decent football would be really fun.

Jbruin

Established Member
Anyone that plays UT you've gotta try out Alberto Costa and Benát, the long range shooting these 2 can do is ****ing ridiculous, got them in a La Liga team and I've scored a lot of 25-35 yard goals with them.

Benát: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137959834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137959834</a>

Costa: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137959979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137959979</a>

My La Liga squad: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#etLQxM3UjST:360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ulti ... M3UjST:360</a>

Anyone fancies a game on Xbox or wants to start a club up let me know.

MaestroCesc

Mu UT atm is poor but im on a 6 match unbeaten streak and im in division 3

Szczesny
-AZpuleta( chelsea guy)-Koscielny- Toure/Jagielka-Gibbs
Diaby-Sahin-Rodwell
Moses/Jarvis-Gervinho-Ox

Im saving up for Cazorla, Vermaelen and Sagna who are all overpriced

MaestroCesc

Fifa 13 is so bad....

Just played two games first game completely dominated, how tons of one on ones but wouldnt go in. Then he scores an l1 shot and wins
Second game go one nil up then everything goes his way 50 50s tackles, parries to his players. Then he goes down to 10 men none of my counter attacks go in, crosses are poor, touches and shots are poor.

Game is a joke completely scripted

EDIT: Quitting Fifa 13 the game is more than a joke completely unfair, was 2-1 up until the 80 minute when he couldnt find a way past my defense all game apart from the one goal then all of a sudden his players are untouchable and my defenders are slow to react and give his players plenty of space. Resulting in him scoring two goals....

The game is **** completely ruled by scripting. Before that game had so many chances but went 2-0 down to 2 long shots then all of a sudden all my chances start turning into goals within 15 minutes its 3-2 to me...

Latest posts

Top Bottom