• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

stuart

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
>YounGunner< said:
Free kicks are a ***** aswell. I used score free kicks easily on 5 but only score 1 in 4 games in this.

Very true

>YounGunner< said:
You could play Pro all day with a bunch of mates. Winner stays on. 3 nils a white wash. Get in my son!!!

Few beers and evo instead of going out on a fri night to save money for holidays! Even better! Get in my son!!! :D

Ahh yes, get some Pizzas or a Chinese delivered for good measure!! Get in my son!!! Love it .......im deprived of Pro Evo mind

illmatik

Established Member
I'm definitely going to get this...my first ever PES. I've been a FIFA player for way too long and that **** is way too easy with way too many problems. Can't wait to play this.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
illmatik said:
I'm definitely going to get this...my first ever PES. I've been a FIFA player for way too long and that s**t is way too easy with way too many problems. Can't wait to play this.

Youve truely missed out . I bought Fifa since 97 and stopped in 2003. Pro is by far the best football game going. Any one who disagrees is an .........

N!

illmatik said:
bluenaz said:
Fifa 07 really wasn't that bad. In fact i enjoyed it more than pes 2007.

Fifa 07 for 360 sucks

Seconded.

I had that. Played it once then took it back immediatley.

The players looked like melting wax models. :thumbdown

nidza7

Established Member
stuart said:
gunnerGH said:
>YounGunner< said:
Free kicks are a ***** aswell. I used score free kicks easily on 5 but only score 1 in 4 games in this.

Very true

>YounGunner< said:
You could play Pro all day with a bunch of mates. Winner stays on. 3 nils a white wash. Get in my son!!!

Few beers and evo instead of going out on a fri night to save money for holidays! Even better! Get in my son!!! :D

Ahh yes, get some Pizzas or a Chinese delivered for good measure!! Get in my son!!! Love it .......im deprived of Pro Evo mind

you two are my soulmates.I`m doing this for 9 years now.Since the day of ps one.

Lukazan

Established Member
bluenaz said:

Agreed.

Only thing that currently let's FIFA down is the editing system. If they can overhaul that and make it similar to PES' then they'll be well on their way.

RC8

Established Member
I don't know about FIFA 07, but the CL game for 360 is fantastic. Much better than any FIFA I've played and much better than any ProEvo as well.

The editing mode is really bad though.

Apart from that the graphics are sensational, the gameplay, unlike FIFA in the XBOX, is pretty smooth and realistic, and playing it is very entertaining. ProEvo 07 was a huge let down. I played it about 10 times and then decided I couldn't take it anymore.

You just had to tap the ball in with Henry and if you were drawing the ball would go over the crossbar. The "AI" somehow controls your players in order to score against you, as they scored about 3 super goals against me per game. And in the maximum difficulty, it was like the game cheated on me as my keeper would let in soft shots from outside the box when the match was coming to an end. The graphics are incredibly disappointing as well.

Overall I have to give it to EA this year.

Mostarac

Established Member
If Konami do what they say now, FIFA will soon be history. By the way, the new pictures look great, love that shirt-tugging picture.

stuart

Established Member
Lukazan said:
bluenaz said:

Agreed.

Only thing that currently let's FIFA down is the editing system. If they can overhaul that and make it similar to PES' then they'll be well on their way.

FIFA just gets so easy but,2 years Arsenal, Leeds, then a year at Rangers, Juventus, Arsenal again and Notts Forest, i find you just clean up

DREVAK

Established Member
rednwhitearmy said:
They need to get more team rights...im sick of playing the Red Devils.

The remedy for that is rather simple, download a couple of files and you get both original players and teams in the game. Check the Lobby PES6 thread, I seem to remember someone posting a link.

stuart

Established Member
I said i would give Pro Evo a go next because i was pissed with this years Fifa but im currently renting it and although, it has its advantages, i really dont think it's much better. It seems like Adebayors first touch has been assigned to everyone, Paul Scholes tackling and Hlebs shooting. It's ridiculous

No.8_Wright

Read somewhere Pro has the licenses for only Portsmouth and....Sp**s :shock:

I've always been a pro man though, I've played abit of Fifa and its alright to pass the time but never had the gameplay of Evo. Got the the quarter finals of my Uni tournament out of 200 people which was alright! Got skanked by Man Utd though!

Not too sure about the interviews after the game in Pro Evo 2008, IMO is a little pointless and I would rather the limits of the game on the new gen consoles be spend on gameplay and getting more teams and stadiums into it which I don't think is going to happen. :cry:

I don't really care about the licenses I would just like the game to have more depth in Master League. It is an immense game though.

Rocafella

Established Member
Konami need to be willing to splash out a bit more to get the rest of the Premiership logos. They've got Serie A and La Liga, not to mention the Dutch league, so why not make an effort at least to try and get the whole Premiership licensed.

There wouldn't even be any point in having Newcastle and Portsmouth licensed, nobody would give a damn.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Konami need to be willing to splash out a bit more to get the rest of the Premiership logos. They've got Serie A and La Liga, not to mention the Dutch league, so why not make an effort at least to try and get the whole Premiership licensed.

There wouldn't even be any point in having Newcastle and Portsmouth licensed, nobody would give a damn.

Theres nothing they could do about it. EA have an exclusive deal for Premiership licence.

Who cares anyway you can get the files on line and you will get everything.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
It's interesting that Peter Brackley & Trevor Brooking have been replaced by Jon Champion & Mark Lawrensen as this year's commentators.

Top Bottom