• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Macho

In search of Pure Profit đź’¸
Dusted đź”»

Does anyone know when and where I can get the updates for PE08 on ps2 yet? I cant handle these ridiculous stats and unlicensed premiership..

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I got it today for the PS2. I've played one game, and so far to be honest I can't tell hardly difference from last year's version.

In the one game I played, I beat Dinamo Zagreb 1-0 on regular level. Fabregas scored midway through the first half.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Rocafella said:
That's a shame. I've been playing about with the editing on the 360 and i've managed to get the Arsenal kit as close as possible. White sleeves and the rest red. From reading what you wrote I thought you wouldn't even be able to change the sleeve colour from the rest of the shirt.

That's what I read anyway I don't think you can change sleeves a certain way.. By using the Live vision cam isn't exactly going to be spot on because of blurred/badly sized pictures it is not from HD if only they allowed you to transfer HD images. and you are given a limited amount of pictures slots.

Jameel46

Established Member
my game should be coming in the next few days. bloody royal mail bastards haven't got it to my doorstep yet!!! anyway hope you guys on PS2 go online.

stuart

Established Member
Bought her yesterday on PS2, id agree that its not really any different but i've never actually owned a pro evo before so im happy enough. Haven't played it all that much. Just 4 or 5 friendly games. Really enjoying it

JazzG

Established Member
Installed it on my PC earlier and beat Middlebrook 5-0 with RvP scoring two, setting up two and the other game when an RvP penalty hit the bar, he headed it at the keeper who palmed it out to rosicky to score in an open net!

Also played Liverpool beat them a few times and lost a couple as well. In my last game played the team that I think Wenger will have tomorrow and beat them 4-2, hope that is an omen for tomorrow lol.

Overall seems decent so far, not had any problems installing it like some have had with 4GB ram and Vista 64 bit. So far so good but on the demo one thing that annoyed me was how easy it was to score by basically just running straight through the middle and sometimes nobody would tackle you!

Rocafella

Established Member
Bought the game Friday and guess what happens? The 3 red lights of doom on my 360 the same day. Not best impressed. Now i've got to send it to Microsoft for them to fix it and send it back which will take between 2-3 weeks

Jameel46

Established Member
no diving or shirt pulling on the PS2 version i hear, but is it true that there are better editing options on the PS2 (hear you can't edit the emblems or shirt sleeves for the PS3 version), and that the PS2 has more stadiums on it?

anyway, can't believe how **** the Royal Mail are.

nazo

Established Member
I think the pc version should be better than the ps2 one. Like OneProudGooner said, the pc version is 'next gen' while the ps2 one should be the 'old' one. The pc version feels alot different compared to last years one.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
The PC version of PES uses the "next gen" engine which is also used on the 360 and PS3 although it's more of a slightly upgraded last gen engine as they haven't rebuilt from scratch whereas Fifa on PC uses the last gen engine.

Graphics wise it's better than the PS2 version BUT that is mostly it maybe the pace of the game is slightly different.. Most people don't have there PS2 hooked up to their LCD TV's with their VGA input so with the PC version you won't be able to play it with family or friends round the same TV but then you have a relatively busy online community.

Although the PC version will have true HD content and un
limited modding capabilities thanks to a little program called "kitserver". Even with the limited edit options.

stuart

Established Member
Although i cant really judge whether there is an improvement or not on the ps2 version, listening to what people are saying im tempted to ditch the old ps2 now. It seems its got to the stage were its being over looked and no time is being spent improving its games. If only i could afford a new console :(

Thommybhoy

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I definitely think that this year's version has lost a bit of the realism of previous versions.
I played it a bit yesterday, full version, and if I didn't know it was a PES 2008 I would never say it is. It looks far more like advanced version of an old game I used to play on my PSOne, called "This is football". It doesn't looks realistic and it doesn't feel realistic, even more.
I can't say I hate it already but I can say I can't see me meeting with my mates over at somebody's and play this version over pizzas, cevapcicis, kebaps and beers like we did with last PES.
I really expected something quite different I must say.

DREVAK

Established Member
ArsenalwithoutVieira said:
ive bought this game but cant save- it says insufficient space to save- but i have about 100gb free? what is wrong?

This seems to be a frequent and known bug. However I have not looked for a solution as I have not encountered it myself. But a quick search on Google should yield some answers. Or at least consolation in knowing that you are not alone.

However I have got an issue myself. The one that makes the game not save anything when using a keyboard. Very annoying I must say. And, to be completely honest, I doubt it will ever be solved. As in solved by Konami, not by a third party workaround.

Top Bottom