• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

qs

Established Member
I played this at the weekend, its so bloody arcadey. I loved PES6 because it was more realistic than FIfa and there was depth to the play. Not anymore though. Fifa and PES have swapped places this year.

Very disappointing.

DREVAK

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I can't get to grips with this year's version. I can't defend to save my life.

Same here. More or less. Because after quite a few matches, I have to say that all things considered, PES 2008 is, for me, a step backwards. Not perhaps a giant leap, but noticeable nonetheless. Keeping a game's bugs and annoying features, while expanding the general gameplay, okay, that would be fine. Well, perhaps not fine, but possibly less annoying. One would know what to expect, would not be as disappointed by those errors as if he had encountered new ones. I am not saying that is an ideal situation, no, having problems in a game and not fixing them is wrong.

However, it seems to me that this time, Konami have created a whole bunch of new problems with the latest installment in the series. And that is something I consider even worse. Okay, perhaps goalkeepers have improved and do not concede buggy goals that often. But they still do that. And what's more, your defenders won't defend. They will leave huge spaces open for the opposition to go through and score. Preferably by crossing the ball low near the edge of the box, where there are none of your defenders and one or two strikers, waiting to score.

Computer's freekicks will hit ninety percent of the time. A PC controlled goalkeeper will not save a penalty kick aimed low and centre. Referees are annoying and do everything in their power to make the game not fluent. On Top Player, you build up a lead of 4 – 1, only to see it go down the drain with either a free kick, a never missing and impossible to defend against header following a corner, or a solo run, preferably by a hurricane of a player such as Riquelme, that you just can not stop nor outrun. Your goalkeepers might save a cracker of a shot from fifty yards, but they are nearly useless in the box.

I do not blame the difficulty setting. No matter what the difficulty, conceding four or five goals is not uncommon. Neither is scoring eight on a low difficulty setting, nor four on Top Player. Somewhere I read that the game is supposed to learn your style of play, adapt. I dare say that is not the case, as there is nothing easier than going on a run down the wing, cut inside, pass the ball to a decently positioned striker and score. So is the seemingly unstoppable offensive behaviour a boost to the computer controlled player? Or is it simply wrong, a bug, a bad decision made in the process of making the game, as it is quite annoying seeing Switzerland come up with magical, unstoppable moves that you from afar can tell with certainty will end with a goal?

I guess it is the latter. The game could do with a good patch. But that is just not going to happen, is it. Now do not get me wrong, some of the time – okay, most of the time – you can enjoy yourself. If you get over the free kicks, the refereeing decisions, stuff like this. However, when you see the PC get the ball and start a move in that fashion when you simply know you will concede, no matter how hard you try, then it starts to suck. Suck hard. And games shouldn't do that.

gunnerGH

Established Member
qs said:
I played this at the weekend, its so bloody arcadey. I loved PES6 because it was more realistic than FIfa and there was depth to the play. Not anymore though. Fifa and PES have swapped places this year.

Very disappointing.

QFT

Soze04

Shouldn't the next gen aka "the top of the line" titles have everything and more in comparison to the lesser systems? 15 stadiums - that's just a frickin disgrace. I mean, you should be able to edit the players' nose hair count on the PS3 version. What a scam because they can.

nazo

Established Member
I just have to say the music in this game is awfully hilarious. "Use your head" "i'm sweating like a teenage girl" "gotta make my daddy proud" wtf?

mccroix

Soze04 said:
Shouldn't the next gen aka "the top of the line" titles have everything and more in comparison to the lesser systems? 15 stadiums - that's just a frickin disgrace. I mean, you should be able to edit the players' nose hair count on the PS3 version. What a scam because they can.

the diting is a disgrace...and the slow downs are horrible...
The game itself...well the gameplay is outstanding...if it wasn't for the stupid slow downs :(

Rocafella

Established Member
disappointed with this years version. even the creator said he's not happy with it and that it should of been delayed and was barely ready to be released. online the game isn't even worth playing because of the lag spikes. konami have been a let down. the game is selling at £20 quid now on the next-gen platforms so my guess is it isn't doing too well.

mccroix

Rocafella said:
disappointed with this years version. even the creator said he's not happy with it and that it should of been delayed and was barely ready to be released. online the game isn't even worth playing because of the lag spikes. konami have been a let down. the game is selling at £20 quid now on the next-gen platforms so my guess is it isn't doing too well.

look at the charts...it's doing extremely well..better than fifa

mccroix

has anyone started the master league?

It's quite fun (bloody hell..if it weren't for those slowdowns every now and then)

Lehmann, Gilberto, Hoyte, Phil are on the transfer list

trying to get Djourou back (loan function sucks), Vela..

played half of the first season which sucks...when I get promoted I will play in the Premierlueage..I created it that way...wish there would be an OF witch the Championship.

anyway: Eduardo top goal scorer, followed by Ade

most assists: Cesc, Hleb

top scorer: Cesc

When I get promoted I'll try to get Boruc and I'm looking for a winger

btw: Walcott and Eduardo are graet fun to play with on the WNGB OF..very realistic...had to upgrade Sagna's speed and acceleration though

ThaSaltCracka

Anyone have this on the 360? This game won't be released in the US till next year, probably February. Hopefully they fix the issues that are plaguing the game. I have held off buying FIFA 08 because I wanted to get this instead.

kamikaze80

Established Member
why dont they just hire the kids who do the patches? every season, you have to put up with konami's bullshit and d/l patches that fix the things theyre too lazy to correct.

DREVAK

Established Member
I assume you are talking about the patches adding new, or, to be more precise, correct and real content. Well, that's simple. They do not have the license for all the players and leagues and stuff like that. I honestly believe putting all the things that Superpatch does would be pretty easy for Konami – if they could.

However, as I have said previously in this thread, I think the current edition of PES has bigger issues than the lack of real world names and kits. Even if it is not a perfect solution, the fact is a community patch will solve that. But when the gameplay is rotten, there is nothing a third party can do.

Rocafella

Established Member
they are obviously going to be objective, nobody is going to be happy whatever the stats are, so it's good you can change them.

Lukazan

Established Member
THIS GAME IS ****ING HORRIBLE. A MESS. AN EMBARRASSMENT.

Seriously.. what an utter and total balls up Konami have made. PES2 with updated kits, teams and so forth would have been much better even.

go49oner

Established Member
Lukazan said:
THIS GAME IS f****g HORRIBLE. A MESS. AN EMBARRASSMENT.

Seriously.. what an utter and total balls up Konami have made. PES2 with updated kits, teams and so forth would have been much better even.

I 100% agree, I took my copy back 2 days after buying it.

nidza7

Established Member
This is so bad version,I`ve given up on installing it after trial at my mate for couple of days.

pes6 is way better.

Top Bottom