• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Anyone tried the demo? Its an upgrade on last years one (wouldn't be hard) but it still leaves a lot to be desired. Definitely won't be buying it.

Grew up playing this game, never bothered with FIFA but now PES has been left in the shade.

otfgoon

Established Member
Atually thought it was worse than last year, but either way it has a long way to go to catch up wth FIFA.

Shame really, as it would be good for EA to have a bit of competition to keep it on its toes.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Shame, i havent tried the Demo, and after the last 2 efforts by PES i hardly feel excited about even trying the demo after reading this (and other bits) Maybe il try it, we'l see. And to think PES was awesome back in the day, how quick that changes.

nazo

Established Member
PS2/Xbox generation: pes
PS3/360 generation: fifa

They can't do anything about it now.

nazo

Established Member
PES was best on the PS2/Xbox while Fifa sucked
Fifa is the best on the PS3/360 while PES sucks

Lord Dula

Established Member
crap game

the wallies in marketing should ensure they release it before fifa in order to maximise sales, instead they wait a week or two after.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
nazo said:
PES was best on the PS2/Xbox while Fifa sucked
Fifa is the best on the PS3/360 while PES sucks

Ah got ya, thought you meant the PS2 generation were sticking with pes regardless of how crap it is.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No he means back in the PS2 days Pro was the better game and Fifa has improved so much so in the PS3 times that it is now better. Seen many, many people stop playing pro over the last few years to change over to Fifa.

Still like pro evo more tbh. Fifa still has an arcade feel to it whenever I play it.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Loyan said:
No he means back in the PS2 days Pro was the better game and Fifa has improved so much so in the PS3 times that it is now better. Seen many, many people stop playing pro over the last few years to change over to Fifa.

Still like pro evo more tbh. Fifa still has an arcade feel to it whenever I play it.

Ye I got that, just misunderstood his first post.

Agree with Dula, I find fifa much more realistic.

nazo

Established Member
Fifa is waaay more realistic. Not even close actually.

PES is so arcade-ish it actually hurts. I can't play it for more than 2 minutes. Fifa, on the other hand, i can play for hours because of how interesting it is.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The amount of crazy stuff you can do in Fifa that no footballer does in a real life match is too much for me. It's all about holding R2 and wiggling the right analog button. Each to their own I guess.

There is light

Got PES 2011 today, pretty disappointing at first actually.
The cameras are awful, the key thing is it very less arcade-ish than the PES we have come to know, it's very realistic but just not interesting enough. But i have a feeling the more you play it, the better you would like it, certainly looks like a grower.

Shue

Established Member
I had been fairly disappointed by it, am now playing Become A Legend. I'm 17 and playing for Valenciennes in Ligue 1. Just beat Lyon to go top. I tend to get about an hour every match, I'm a SS/WF based around pace.

Shue

Established Member
Finished the first season of BAL, won Ligue 1 and I jumped ship to Blackburn Rovers, trebling my wages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom