• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 or Winning Eleven 7

Taozhe

This has gotta be one the best football game in the world. It gets better in this version. FIFA 2004 can go home. I will be updating this page with the w11 skills page. The videos are top notch and the gameplay is excellent with tactics, formations and strategy actually playing a big part in winning the game.

My fav team is of corrs arsenal.. using the default formation. Fortunately, Kanu and bergkamp are very good players in here but toure is worse than CYGAN!!! LoL!!

mY team

Cole Sol Cygan Lauren

Pires Gilberto Vieira Freddy

Henry Bergkamp

I normally sub Kanu for bergkamp but if my opponent plays teams with slow defenders, it will be wiltord :)

I normally use offside trap + counter attack. Long ball if the team's defenders are not good with high balls and short passes if longball's not doing very well.

I usually play full offensive style football but make sure Sol, Cygan and gilberto stays back to defend. Vieira is usually the start of my attacks because it's very hard to get the ball off him and his passes are superb, I can hardly play crosses because none of the players can actually head the ball well. I usually play through balls or counter attack with henry's deadly pace. Pires and bergie do very well in scoring from the outside while freddie does very well to go into box to poach goals. Gilberto does really well in that too even when I set him to defensive, he gets into the box for decisive goals.

This game is extremely realistic and the right subs can really make a difference. Of corrs if your skills suck ... you can't argue much. Luck also plays a big point and the ref actually makes controversial decisions and even allows play on fouls!!!

Good stuff and the best football game every. I can't wait for PES 4!!! Skills page coming up !! ;)

patrick42uk

Established Member
this is pes 3 on the ps2 right? is it that good?, i'm considering getting it but some people have said its a poor game

Taozhe

its the best footie game I ever played. Only those who cant play it will say its piss poor ... cos newbies cant handle it :)

JazzG

Established Member
I bought myself a PS2 pad and a Ps2 pad--->USB convertor so I can use the pad on my pc. All so I can get the best out of PES3 :)

Taozhe

heh. wish i can play a couple of games with ya. Lets see who's the better Arsenal ;D

Aussie

Established Member
pro ev 3 is great

I use exactly the same tactics as taozhe as they work very well
I have mastered most of the game but seem to struggle with free kick as it is quite different to pro ev 2 any advice for free kicks.

Taozhe

freekicks. Keep training and experimenting in the training mode. Arsenal doesnt do very well in corners but u can pass to the guy nearby and do a low cross .. usually works with arsenal

patrick42uk

Established Member
is there something wrong with my copy then, it plays really fast. the players also seem to walk on air sometimes. anyone know if this is fixable or just a bug in the game?

Superdudes

getting a goal during corner can be learn through practise.. as they say practise makes perfect.. i'm only getting about a goal for every 3 corners taken.. still so much more to be learn.. my cousin freekick was marvellous.. his freekick was always on target and sometimes hits the back of the target as well.. i couldn't say much for my freekick cause i sucks in this area.. LoLx.. when you either takes a cross or a corner kick, be sure to tap 'the shooting button' repeatedly.. and i mean repeatedly.. as for me, i plays with toazhe formation but when the going gets tough, i'll try to bring henry to the wings.. oh and wiltord is a good winger/striker as he's fast in the game.. bergkamp is usually the person to get you goals during corner kick or crosses.. and campbell makes the tackles looks so easy.. viera is indispensable for me..

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom