• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Never really tried PES before so I thought Id give it a shot, quite like it but how the feck do you shoot along the ground!

kel varnsen

Established Member
pes6 is not as good as it should be. at least not compared to how good the original pes was back in its day. the movement off the ball is still ****ing useless. konami seems simply unable to implement realistic movement 'patterns' for the players. every time a certain 'pre determined' event happens(lose posession, win back ball etc) the exact same things happen. there is absolutely no variation or adjustments to where the ball is and the positions of the players. the best example, as i mentioned before, is if you lose posession high up the pitch. once you lose posession, your entire ****ing team storms back and you're left with one player up there chasing the ball. it's ****ing *. konami don't know **** about football and pes is an average footy game at best. the fact that it's the best out there says nothing at all.

YourFriendPaul

Is it just me being nostalgic, or were the earlier 'Winning Eleven' versions for PSX much more fun?

I've played pretty much every footy game that's been made, since the Atari 2600 days (hey- 'Pele's Soccer' was awesome!) I typically agree with the consensus, that the EA / FIFA franchise are more graphically appealing / arcade action style (which is nice for a quick game, with non-gaming types) while PES / Winning 11 was the simulator, with less of the bells and whistles, but much more solid game play.

Seems like, after PES4 and up- the gameplay has gone backwards. FIFA keeps getting flashier, PES keeps getting more overly complicated. All others, are somewhere in between. I seem to remember spending hours and hours playing 'North London' , but now even with official licensing, and new features, I just get frustrated or bored.

Oh well. Super Mario Strikers anyone?

OneProudGooner

Established Member
It is poor yes, even Fifa 2007 improved enough to be enjoyable.
They better improve the Master League for Pro Evo 08 or even replace it with something much, much better.

YourFriendPaul

Glad I'm not alone here. I thought maybe I was just missing something.

My theory is, everyone is focusing on the 'next gen' consoles, so these past couple versions got the shaft. With any luck, we'll see something better soon.

..Of course, then we'll all also need to re-mortgage our homes and / or sell organs to afford the new systems.

RC8

Established Member
Earlier WEs or whatever were much better than FIFA, but nowadays FIFA is a much better game in my opinion. On the 360 I have both ProEvo07 and the official CL game (FIFA 07 basically). I can understand that the graphics are worse than FIFA 04. I can take that it is impossible to score a goal with a player that doesn't score goals regularly. But the passing and shooting systems in this game are quite frankly atrocious.

As Lukazan has pointed out, it is better when you miss and you know it's your fault. Otherwise the game is quite simply unfair for everyone. I was playing with Arsenal once, created about 8 chances, and couldn't score once because I was playing with Walcott and Freddie up front. I'd aim the ball one way, and the shot would go horribly wide. One of the chances I even dribbled the keeper with Touré, but as I touched the shooting button the PC decided he wasn't a goalscorer and sent the ball over and wide as I tipped the control trying to just roll the ball over a keeper-less goal.

Of course, my friend created 3 chances, which he put away easily with Rooney, and won 3-0. We switched teams to see what happened, and rather unsurprisingly I scored every time I touched the ball with the 'white Pele'. This I found outrageous.

In FIFA if you play with Leeds you will feel the difference, but hell, if you play the game right, and defend well, not only will the opponent be unable to score, you could win the game by creating 1 or 2 clear chances. That's real football for you, where a lesser team can beat a better one if they are managed properly.

Even FIFA 05 is more enjoyable than the current ProEvo, it's ridiculously bad (specially considering the ProEvo from 3 years ago was better than FIFA 05!). And only a few deluded people could argue otherwise.

Konami need to get their act together and come up with something drastically better for next year.

Lukazan

Established Member
* Agree completely.

YourFriendPaul said:
Is it just me being nostalgic, or were the earlier 'Winning Eleven' versions for PSX much more fun?

Indeed. Alot more simple but just pure fun. I feel the same about PES1 and PES2 aswell, they were great games.

YourFriendPaul

One of my fondest memories, was always making the keeper charge out to score a goal, and listening to Trevor Brooking's commentary ("Is he daft? What's he think he's doing out there?") Even if they did all look like a bunch of wiggling polygons, I still found it highly entertaining.

I even miss the old Japanese commentary:

shoot = SHOO-TOE!
through = TSROOO!
pass = PASSU!
chance = Kore wa CHANCE-O!

Ah, Memories...

qs

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
pes6 is not as good as it should be. at least not compared to how good the original pes was back in its day. the movement off the ball is still f****g useless. konami seems simply unable to implement realistic movement 'patterns' for the players. every time a certain 'pre determined' event happens(lose posession, win back ball etc) the exact same things happen. there is absolutely no variation or adjustments to where the ball is and the positions of the players. the best example, as i mentioned before, is if you lose posession high up the pitch. once you lose posession, your entire f****g team storms back and you're left with one player up there chasing the ball. it's f****g *. konami don't know s**t about football and pes is an average footy game at best. the fact that it's the best out there says nothing at all.

:lol: It must be ****ing hell being you

>YounGunner<

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
pes6 is not as good as it should be. at least not compared to how good the original pes was back in its day. the movement off the ball is still f****g useless. konami seems simply unable to implement realistic movement 'patterns' for the players. every time a certain 'pre determined' event happens(lose posession, win back ball etc) the exact same things happen. there is absolutely no variation or adjustments to where the ball is and the positions of the players. the best example, as i mentioned before, is if you lose posession high up the pitch. once you lose posession, your entire f****g team storms back and you're left with one player up there chasing the ball. it's f****g *. konami don't know s**t about football and pes is an average footy game at best. the fact that it's the best out there says nothing at all.

Just found news on Pro 7 that you will love.

The major new feature is a new adaptive AI system entitled 'Teamvision' will be implemented into the game, Teamvision is a sophisticated AI programming that learns and adapts according to an individual's style of play. As such, it will learn new ways to build attacks and to counter specific movements and previous attacking or defensive errors, ensuring games are more in line with the tactical but flowing nature of the real thing

Lukazan

Established Member
Good.

Tbh though, they say **** like this each year and I'm not sure anything like it is ever implemented..

Top Bottom