<

Project Big Picture: Liverpool & Man Utd in Talks to Join European Super League

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Oct 11, 2020.

?

Would you be in favour of reducing the Premier League to 18 teams?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

In the SSN article it said they don’t plan on abandoning domestic leagues. **** knows how they’ll manage it though.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Midweek games every week. No domestic cups for SL teams.

field442 likes this.
  3. Manberg

Manberg Predator

"Each of the founding teams is expected to earn fees of hundreds of millions of pounds to participate, with clubs such as Manchester United and Real Madrid receiving the biggest sums for joining."

**** that, cancel this **it.

4. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Well that's the last slither of soul top flight football had killed off.

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Twenty lmfao.

6. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Becoming a player fan is the way forward..

Riou and American_Gooner like this.
  7. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

When this happens, and this will happen in some form or another, they need to scrap that 20 year lock in rule.

The best sides in Europe will remain with the lessor performing sides falling out and being replaced by well performing “lower league sides”. This serves as a motivation for those outside to get in, and keeps the competition high within the super league.

From an Arsenal perspective it would force us to up our game dramatically when it comes to balancing the quality of our football and our money making, because if we don’t, we would get relegated.

Football is no longer about the fans, it’s about making as much money as possible. The game, in its most innocent form... has died a long long time ago.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I support this 100%

<<reed>> likes this.
  9. ClubLevel

ClubLevel Well-Known Member

10-12 of the games will be what could be played in the Champions League. Also going back to the domestic restructure they would probably scrap the league cup too, so that's another 3-4 games.

10. ClubLevel

ClubLevel Well-Known Member

So can teams be relegated or will the teams involved have to finish top 4? Like in the current Champions League format.

11. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Im already there....I follow certain players. even though Arsenal is my team. If those players i like do well against Arsenal I feel happy. Football is a business. Entertainment end of the day. Which is why I never understood fans who complains about ticket prices. Dont go if you dont want to. This is also why I always side with players when they do an Özil or hold clubs ransom for more money.

12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

I know we all joke about it, but feel this will genuinely end my interest in football.

Hjalmaar likes this.
  13. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Worst thing that happened to English football was Liverpool winning the league. People forgot what a despicable there were back in the 90s when they were the top dogs. Going around Europe murdering people and causing all kind of problems. Now the english game grew after they stopped winning and as soon as they won now they are back to their ways. truly disgusting club

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I'm not sure how relegation will work but after the round robin stage there will be a play-off to determine the winner. Not sure how many teams will be involved, the details haven't been finalised.

15. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Look, there's gonna be a European Super League sooner or later, we all know it's coming. There's been such a will for it to happen for years now and money will talk in the end. As for the soul of football dying? It died years ago, we just have to accept it for what it is now. It's a sport that is now global at the top level and it'll continue to progress this way. You can only get in the way of progress for so long before it eventually happens.

16. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

If this does happen I think the top 6 will effectively play a B team in the Premiership. No way can the top players play a minimum of 72 club games + internationals every season.

It would make the Premiership lower quality but it could make it more fun and competitive if you are a fan of a current mid table team. Let's face it, the most exciting it gets for most teams outside the top 6 is mid table mediocrity, the odd surprise win and a decent cup run every few years.

17. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

It will happen only because fans are ok with it. If enough fans protest against it and stop watching it wont happen. Just like ticket prices. People used to cry about Arsenals ticket prices and still go....what happens if no one went and there was solidarity among fans? 5k watching Arsenal....you dont think they would react?

18. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

The saddest part will be club like us though. Imagine not caring for the PL and having no chance to win this European thing and in it just for the money. We would exist solely to make money for the owner. With the Americans behind this they will make sure no one gets relegated

19. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

20. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

We should jump on the Super League train ASAP.
    A couple more finishes outside Top 6 under Arteta and we won't even get an invitation to the party.

Tir Na Nog likes this.