• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
In an excellent piece of investigative football journalism The Telegraph has exposed the machinations Liverpool and Manu are scheming in order to entrench themselves, unfairly, at the top of English football until Judgement Day.

Unfortunately the article is behind the paywall but this report from Eurosport gives you the gist:

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...cally-reshape-football_sto7942813/story.shtml

I imagine Saint Stan will leap at this and grasp at the opportunity to get us on board. It will mean less investment will be required to keep us in the top division and get a share of the booty, which is all he ever wanted.

Last edited:

Moah

I mean this is great for the EFL clubs and the big 6 but how do you convince Leicester, Wolves, Brighton etc to agree to something which means they’ll likely have to operate on a lower budget? Really curious as to how this gets voted on. Is it up to the FA to decide and that £100m gesture is a golden handshake?
Not only will they be operating with lower budget, they will also be pawns that will be pushed around by the top clubs. It gives the other 12 clubs(from the proposed 18 club format) no right regarding any matter.

Moah

How did Liverpool and Man U end up teaming up on this by the way? They aren't two teams that come up in mind to do something like this together.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
How did Liverpool and Man U end up teaming up on this by the way? They aren't two teams that come up in mind to do something like this together.
I assumed it was because both clubs have Americans in key roles

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This is despicable power-grabbing posing as charity.

Oh they want to help the EFL.... by ADVANCING money from tv revenues! Good on yer Shylock!!!

They want to stop Championship clubs from overspending, I'm serious!!! MANCHESTER CITY WANT YOU TO STOP OVERSPENDING!!!

There would be an official "Big Six" frozen in time round 2020 - get out of the way you inconvenient foxes. Let's see Tottenham Hotspurs, Big Six club. Last trophy - league cup in 2008. Since then Leicester City have won the league. The League Cup has been won by the likes of Birmingham City (aargh!) and Swansea City. The FA Cup has been won by Wigan Athletic. But Tottenham are a big six club, because they say so.

Southampton and West Ham. HUGE clubs. Four FA Cups and a Cup Winners Cup between them (being kind to Southampton here who won exactly one of those FA Cups). Much bigger than, say, Aston Villa who only have seven league titles, seven FA Cups and a European Cup on their scoresheet.

Why not go back and set a date when five out of those "Big Six" spent time serving in the lower divisions?

This is a move to take control of one of the biggest sporting cash cows in the world by a handful of guys and make themselves into an immovable oligarchy.

Our dear leader will love this.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Everything sounds good apart from the fact it’s underpinned by elitism. Not a fan of the ‘historical nine’ or whatever it was, don’t like that at all.

Everything sounds good apart from the fact it’s underpinned by elitism. Not a fan of the ‘historical nine’ or whatever it was, don’t like that at all.

Doesn't surprise me at all you like this, you pull stuff like that all the time when picking up girls at the bar.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It this prevents sides like Huddersfield, Fulham and Norwich being in the PL then I'm all for it. The overall standard has been pretty weak for a few years now too.

It this prevents sides like Huddersfield, Fulham and Norwich being in the PL then I'm all for it. The overall standard has been pretty weak for a few years now too.

There has always been a weak team in PL it is one of the things that make up the league soul. It's like when your grandmother refuses to quit smoking at 85 because that just the way she is.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is despicable power-grabbing posing as charity.

Oh they want to help the EFL.... by ADVANCING money from tv revenues! Good on yer Shylock!!!

They want to stop Championship clubs from overspending, I'm serious!!! MANCHESTER CITY WANT YOU TO STOP OVERSPENDING!!!

There would be an official "Big Six" frozen in time round 2020 - get out of the way you inconvenient foxes. Let's see Tottenham Hotspurs, Big Six club. Last trophy - league cup in 2008. Since then Leicester City have won the league. The League Cup has been won by the likes of Birmingham City (aargh!) and Swansea City. The FA Cup has been won by Wigan Athletic. But Tottenham are a big six club, because they say so.

Southampton and West Ham. HUGE clubs. Four FA Cups and a Cup Winners Cup between them (being kind to Southampton here who won exactly one of those FA Cups). Much bigger than, say, Aston Villa who only have seven league titles, seven FA Cups and a European Cup on their scoresheet.

Why not go back and set a date when five out of those "Big Six" spent time serving in the lower divisions?

This is a move to take control of one of the biggest sporting cash cows in the world by a handful of guys and make themselves into an immovable oligarchy.

Our dear leader will love this.

Yes absolutely support this.

The contrast between these posts :lol::rofl:

Last edited:
Top Bottom