• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PS3

illmatik

Established Member
all you need with your ps3 is a nice hdtv, madden 07 (and fifa 08 when it comes out, since ps3 doesnt have fifa 07) and your set :wink:

Lukazan

Established Member
My brother got one yesterday and he got two games with it. Resistance and Virtua Tennis 3.

Virtua Tennis was always going to be a decent game because the rest of the series is great but I don't think much to Resistance or the graphics overall.

Meh, for me console gaming, atleast seriously, is over. PC is where it's at and I fully expect that to be the case for everyone in the near future.

dos1986

Established Member
Yep cant beat a Decent pc hooked up to a 32"hdtv with wirleess mouse controller and a class broadband connection.

It really is the way to go imo.

I built a class core 2 duo gaming rig in september,hooked up to a 32" samsung hdtv for €2000.Put it in my sitting room and know im never bored I play games,watch internet tv,download dvds,games,music everything.

When you consider a PS3 will cost you €629 in Ireland and a good hdtv which is a must for the ps3 will cost you another €900,building a class pc really is the way to go.

Viper

Established Member
If the PS3 was a £100 cheaper, it would've sold far more, I guaruntee it.

£325 for the PS3 would've been a ****ing fantastic price, and why not?

At £325, its at the exact same price as the USA PS3.

illmatik

Established Member
Viper said:
If the PS3 was a £100 cheaper, it would've sold far more, I guaruntee it.

£325 for the PS3 would've been a f****g fantastic price, and why not?

At £325, its at the exact same price as the USA PS3.

its cheaper than that at the US :wink:

Jameel46

Established Member
i think someone said that it's $500 in the USA, which is roughly around £280, and it's £425 in the UK, real fair isn't it

go49oner

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
i think someone said that it's $500 in the USA, which is roughly around £280, and it's £425 in the UK, real fair isn't it

You have to remeber that in the US of A they dont pay VAT, However, we here in UK have to pay 17.5% VAT

awooga83

Established Member
The Uk still gets ripped off in almost everything thats sold here the price does not compare favourably with the US. I got an update over the interenet yesterday, if i had got it from the UK website would have cost me £24.99, got it from the American one and it was £17.99, no difference in the product just pure rip off.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Rocafella said:
I've got a Wii and an Xbox, neither of which I ever play but I might get a PS3 anyway. Where I work they are doing a special deal for staff where you can buy a PS3 for £380 so that's about £45 off so I might get one.

When you say Xbox do you mean the 360 or the one before that?

go49oner

Established Member
It not rocket science, as I said before We in the UK and most of European countries pay VAT (17.5%) in USA only one state (Michigan) have to pay VAT. thats why we pay more here

awooga83

Established Member
There is also a policy of getting ripped off in the UK in my example why was the product purchased over the interent from the same company that could be purchased by UK owners £24.99 on the UK site and £17.99 on the US one i didn't buy it in dollars i bought it in pounds and there is no difference in the product only one was from the UK site one from the US site. I cannot see how they can justify charging more for something over the internet when it probably comes from the same server as well.

Rocafella

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Rocafella said:
I've got a Wii and an Xbox, neither of which I ever play but I might get a PS3 anyway. Where I work they are doing a special deal for staff where you can buy a PS3 for £380 so that's about £45 off so I might get one.

When you say Xbox do you mean the 360 or the one before that?

360 why? I have a PS2 and hated the look of the last Xbox so didn't bother with one.

jay-d

Established Member
Anyone after UK PS3's I can offer them at £345 delivered in the UK only.

s5000043zk2.jpg

Top Bottom