• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PSV dealt injury blow ahead of Highbury clash

jeromelee

*Loyan* said:
Canuck said:
I'm sure everyone would agree that we're all much more comfortable with Sol on the field.
Not really. He's so big he blocks the qoalkeepers view. I'd rather sell him and get a short guy instead. :wink:

LOL. Then we should've gotten Cannavaro instead of letting Juve get him.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
we would have beat PSV, with or without the dude whose gunner be missing. now without him, it will probably be a wider margin. proly 4-0. i think they will be shut out cos SUPER SOL will be in our defence beside our trusty side-kick, kolo abib toure. we will be impregnable. this is another drunken post by gunnertilldeath.

AFCG7

Established Member
They wont be pushovers.. they will learn from our last meeting that they cant attack us too much and play too high up the field.. anyone who thinks we will 4-0 them again should consider this.
They will most likely sit back for the first 30 mins and then gradually increase their attacking play later in the game.

DaViEsW

PSV show no challenge whatsoever to me, Chelsea pretty much ripped their backbone out in the Summer. This guy (whoever he is) won't make any difference to the result. I predict 3-1.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AFCG7 said:
They wont be pushovers.. they will learn from our last meeting that they cant attack us too much and play too high up the field.. anyone who thinks we will 4-0 them again should consider this.
They will most likely sit back for the first 30 mins and then gradually increase their attacking play later in the game.
30 minutes? We'll probably score in 30 seconds. Too bad it's not an imrovement on Gilberto's goal. :wink:

jeromelee

DaViEsW said:
PSV show no challenge whatsoever to me, Chelsea pretty much ripped their backbone out in the Summer. This guy (whoever he is) won't make any difference to the result. I predict 3-1.

Friendlies isn't a good indication of a team's abilities. Just a warmup exercise. I think PSV would be quite tough to breakdown because they will definitely pack their defense.

Similar to how greece played in Euro. Even the mighty portugal, spain, france etc couldn't breakdown a defense with 10 men.

I think the best way for a team to play against arsenal is to pack the defense and leave one lone striker upfront. Like how Fulham used to play using Saha as their tip. That'll break Arsenal's rhythm for sure.

And you know how Arsenal always tends to sleep sometime in the game, that's the time they can be punished.

Lets just hope we can score an early goal and then the opponent will be forced to come out and play a proper game.

Arjan

In theory I think you're right, Jeromelee, but PSV have lost all their attacking options this summer. Kezman, Robben and Rommedahl.
Their new attack is not that good. Sibon (played for shefflield wednesday) Farfan, a peruvian who is talented, but hasn't showed it yet, Vonlanthen, young swiss striker that Mikel Silvestre will remember from Euro 2004 and DaMarcus Beasley, a very, very small kid from America who also hasn't really impressed.....

Their biggest threat will be Marc van Bommel.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Arjan said:
Vonlanthen, young swiss striker that Mikel Silvestre will remember from Euro 2004

the funny thing about that was silvestre never learnt. psv played united after euro 2004 and vonlanthen made a carbon-copy run across silvestre as in euro 2004. silvestre let him go again, and he promptly put the ball into the back of the net. vonlanthen is quick and exciting for an 18 year old but i dont see him posing a problem if sol and toure are fit. could be a handful for cygan though.

Arjan

The good thing is that Vonlanthen probably won't play.
The last few weeks PSV have played with Beasley, Sibon and Park up front.
Park is a useless Korean who together with Lee arrived at PSV when Hiddink came from Korea.

Gunner4life09

Losing one of there best defender wouldn't hurt us.

I think we'll win the match thats a given but we must be too cocky about how we are going to trash them, just take 1 game at a time. PSV aren't excatly a crap team. They have pretty good players and aren't to be underestimated.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arjan said:
In theory I think you're right, Jeromelee, but PSV have lost all their attacking options this summer. Kezman, Robben and Rommedahl.
Their new attack is not that good. Sibon (played for shefflield wednesday) Farfan, a peruvian who is talented, but hasn't showed it yet, Vonlanthen, young swiss striker that Mikel Silvestre will remember from Euro 2004 and DaMarcus Beasley, a very, very small kid from America who also hasn't really impressed.....

Their biggest threat will be Marc van Bommel.
I actually thought he was a good player when I saw him a few years back when he was breaking into the USA team. He's a left winger isn't he?

Canuck

Established Member
No doubt Van Bommel will be the big one to watch, but Beasley does have a decent record for scoring, just not in Europe yet. He is quick and talented and has good attacking positioning. It remains to be seen whether he will be able to adapt to the european game.

Top Bottom