• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pubs around thof..

Dixon

What is the best pub (in atmosphere speaking) to be at around highbury on matchdays? Anyone who can recommend one?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I've put this on Sticky for you. About time we had a dedicated Pub thread on here.

My Arsenal boozer of choice for the last 3 years has been the Twelve Pins, which sits on the bottom of Stroud Green Road, a minute from Finsbury Park station. Great atmosphere, cheap beer and most Arsenal games on a big screen. Does get a bit rammed, as I found out on Cup Final day!

Have also drunk in the Gunners, which is positively decked in Arsenal memorabilia, but has **** toilets (if you'll pardon the pun).

Dixon

Been to the twelve pins, good pub with a decent burger and chips. Never been there on matchdays tough. Some singing on matchdays?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Yeah, though I've not watched a game there this season (for some reason tickets have been easier to come by this time round), you generally get lots of "Thierry Henry! Thierry Henry!" "Who's that team they call the Arsenal..." and "Oooh to be a Gooner"

Always a couple of "characters" in there, too.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
I normally go in the Woodbine or T-Bird, but as rtc said if you want to watch games in pubs the pins and the Gunners are your best bet.

asajoseph

Established Member
Oh man, the legendary T-Bird...

I usually end up in the Auld Triangle, if I'm not at the game. It can get a bit rough, and you're likely to be molested by a drunk irish granny (don't ask!), but the beer's cheap and it's the closest pub to where I live...

johnk9uk

The Arsenal Tavern (or the @ Club?) is where I normally meet up with mates. Turn left out of Arsenal station and walk for 5 minutes. Big screens and normally a bit of noise pre match. Less "characters" than others but still a good boozer. If the bar is too busy the newsagent next door is friendly.

allgooneredup

If you want a decent pub for a drink after you can do worse than a walk accross clissold park and a pint in one of the pubs on Church Street.. about 10 mins away... there are loads of decent pubs there.. the lion, auld shillaegly (sp) etc... no good if your not a local tho...

D2D

well, in israel there are only 4 games per matchday that are on regular tv, when bolton and west ham are always broadcasted because of the israelies playing there (have you seen benayon goal? pure class), so i take my little brother to this pub that has a satellite and broadcasting all the games. there are a lot of people coming to the main events, but to the mediocre matches there are max 10 people on any side.

Dixon

The bank of friendship's beer garden is great. How is the twelve pins pre-match?

kimbo

I haven't been to that many but around finsbury park there is the Faltering Fullback which is an arsenal pub...

jmd4211

I love the Irony of an Arsenal Pub being called the Faltering Fullback, after the curse of our fullbacks this year! Ive never seen it, but I just have this image of the sign outside having a picture of a tall bald Frenchman chasing after yet another nippy winger!!!!

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
12 Pins. Can't beat getting served by the mad bloke who seems to serve a dozen people at time! And the bagel shop over the road is better than the clubs bagels (and they do nice pastries as well).

asajoseph

Established Member
The Faltering Fullback's an Arsenal pub? I've been there occasionally, but I always thought it was a rugby pub (hence the name)... Still, it's got a cracking jukebox and some good beer in there...

Gotta love the 12 pins - it's so pikey that they advertise Skol on the windows...

Top Bottom